HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff - Edm

Old
02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
Are Gaustad, Sekera, and Weber available?
I can see Sekera and Weber being available but not Gaustad. Yes, I would like him in Edmonton but they are not going to give their top FO% guy away. What about:

Sekera; Weber; Kaissan for Vis +. Just not quite sure what the plus might be. What else does Buffalo need.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I can see Sekera and Weber being available but not Gaustad. Yes, I would like him in Edmonton but they are not going to give their top FO% guy away. What about:

Sekera; Weber; Kaissan for Vis +. Just not quite sure what the plus might be. What else does Buffalo need.
Zack Kassian isn't going anywhere

Buffalo needs a offensive D man

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Is there a way that we could go
Stafford, Sekera, 1st for Vis +( what would the plus have to be)
add Brule

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

I could see expanding a deal around Staff and Vis to include Sekera. But Kassian is not available at all. And Weber is very unlikely to be available.

Stafford, Paetsch, 1st
for
Visnovsky

or

Stafford, Sekera, 1st
for
Visnovsky, Brule

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
██████★██████

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I could see expanding a deal around Staff and Vis to include Lubo. But Kassian is not available at all. And Weber is very unlikely to be available.

Stafford, Paetsch, 1st
for
Visnovsky

or

Stafford, Sekera, 1st
for
Visnovsky, Brule

close

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Edmontonoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaen View Post
Vanek's contract is way to big, so while he may be the best player in the deal, it really isn't worth it.
Buffalo fans overrate all of there players............yes i know saying alot coming from an oil fan

Edmontonoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
WingsPDHZ

k visnovsky will play maybe 10 games for buffalo

overpayment for buffalo is not needed for a guy who will play half the amount of games buff needs him for

WingsPDHZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsPDHZ View Post

overpayment for buffalo is not needed for a guy who will play half the amount of games buff needs him for
Maybe ten games?

Try maybe 92.

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
He's a very good prospect but buffalo has no use for him. Therefore he is a throw in type of prospect for a talented player like Lubo. Are you suggesting that it would take a roster player to get Enroth out of Buffalo by himself? If not(which I'm sure you are sane enough to agree) then yes, he is in fact a throw in type of prospect whether or not you think that brings a negative connotation along with it. I wasn't impling anything negative by "throw in" though.
No he is not a throw in type just because miller is signed for more years and enroth likely will be traded, it doesnt mean wow we have to trade him just throw him in. He will garner what hes worth.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
No he is not a throw in type just because miller is signed for more years and enroth likely will be traded, it doesnt mean wow we have to trade him just throw him in. He will garner what hes worth.
So he's worth more than a top pairing defenseman?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsPDHZ View Post

WTF is this post supposed to mean? Are you basing this on Vis' injury history? Players get injured all the time, its part of hockey. I don't think he has been more or less injured than your average defenceman. Since the lockout he's only played 18 fewer games than Rivet (or 3 and a half games per year). Would you say Rivet is only going to play half the games Buffalo needs him for? It's not like Vis has anything chronic or recurring (has had 2 shoulder injuries 5 yrs apart but I don't even know if that's the same shoulder and only one of those required surgery).

Injuries are more bad luck than anything. Vanek missed significant time last year getting hit in the face with a puck. I don't think you worry any more about Vis being susceptible to injury than you would any other player on your team.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I could see expanding a deal around Staff and Vis to include Sekera. But Kassian is not available at all. And Weber is very unlikely to be available.

Stafford, Paetsch, 1st
for
Visnovsky

or

Stafford, Sekera, 1st
for
Visnovsky, Brule
Not sure how much of Brule you've seen this year but he's been quite good and definitely a guy that is part of Edmonton's long term plans. Sekera looks like he has some nice upside, but not nearly enough that the Oil would part with Brule. In fact, that's who I' like to see play with Stafford. Think they'd work real well together. I like the original deal.

Old
02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
So he's worth more than a top pairing defenseman?
No where did i say that? read the post

It was Stafford and 1st round pick and then YOU wanted to throw in Enroth and i simply stated that Enroth is not a throw in prospect.

A throw in prospect would be like Mark Mancari or M-A Gragnani

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
No where did i say that? read the post

It was Stafford and 1st round pick and then YOU wanted to throw in Enroth and i simply stated that Enroth is not a throw in prospect.

A throw in prospect would be like Mark Mancari or M-A Gragnani
So what you're saying is that you didn't like the way I phrased the fact that I wanted Enroth in the deal? Oh, okay that makes more sense. Geez guys I can't believe how many people are being upset because I used the word throw in. The fact is thats what it's going to take to get Visnovsky. A player prospect and a 1st rounder. You're not getting him for less unless it's a truly excellent player.

Old
02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Stafford and a 1st rounder for Lubo would make it close. Throw in Jhonas Enroth and it's a done deal.
Very tempting. Certainly start with Stafford and the first rounder. Is there no way to up the content to Brule-Visnosky for Stafford, Buffalos' first and one of either MacArthur or Sekera? No?

02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Orochimaru
Ten Thousand Snakes

Lubo for Stafford, 1st '10, and Mike Weber?

Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Very tempting. Certainly start with Stafford and the first rounder. Is there no way to up the content to Brule-Visnosky for Stafford, Buffalos' first and one of either MacArthur or Sekera? No?
It might be possible. I don't know why edmonton includes young players in deals that have no purpose but acquiring young players. Especially a young player who seems to have a place in the long term plans of the oilers. Maybe a guy like Robert Nilsson who could use a change of scenery or Mike Comrie?

BTW Macarthur is an exremely similar player to Brule so that deal would be almost sideways. Really no point in doing it. Intriguing assets in Macarthur and Sekera though. No doubt its good looking value.

Old
02-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
I don't think thats possibly. I don't know why edmonton includes young players in deals that have no purpose but acquiring young players. Especially a young player who seems to have a place in the long term plans of the oilers. Maybe a guy like Robert Nilsson who could use a change of scenery or Mike Comrie?
True, true. Not much interest in Nilsson, but Regier has expressed interest in Comrie in the past. Perhaps that would work...

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

So ...

To Edm:
Drew Stafford
1st in 2010
Prospect(my preference is Enroth but other oiler fans disagree)

To Buf:
Lubomir Visnovsky
Mike Comrie

Not bad, I like it in fact.

Old
02-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
True, true. Not much interest in Nilsson, but Regier has expressed interest in Comrie in the past. Perhaps that would work...
I still think the Vis for Stafford and 1st is fair value. I would think if the Sabres make that deal they may have bigger aspirations than Comrie as an upgrade. Just my opinion though. Maybe a guy with more size like Ponikarovsky? I really get the feeling Comrie will end up in Phoenix due to his prior service with the organization as well as expiring contract and minimal money owed. 3rd + mid grade prospect. Not sure if you guys would find the same value in Comrie. Again just my opinion, but think of how cash strapped the Yotes are and therefore how appealing a rental like Comrie is.

And again, no Brule. He and Stafford will be a nice pair (I see Brule centering Staff and MPS). Both good combo of speed and physicality.

Old
02-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonoil View Post
Buffalo fans overrate all of there players............yes i know saying alot coming from an oil fan
To be honest I think Buffalo has some of the best fans out there when it comes to assessing players from our team and matching up the value with their team.

New Jersey has pretty good fans as well.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post
To be honest I think Buffalo has some of the best fans out there when it comes to assessing players from our team and matching up the value with their team.

Agreed on both counts. Generally speaking both are pretty civil when there is a difference of opinion.

Old
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Skating View Post

We appreciate the compliment.

Now back to MacArthur for Hemsky...

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 12:26 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
We appreciate the compliment.

Now back to MacArthur for Hemsky...
Hmmm, i feel like we should throw in Gagner... we cannot COMPLETELY fleece you guys.

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I still think the Vis for Stafford and 1st is fair value. I would think if the Sabres make that deal they may have bigger aspirations than Comrie as an upgrade. Just my opinion though. Maybe a guy with more size like Ponikarovsky? I really get the feeling Comrie will end up in Phoenix due to his prior service with the organization as well as expiring contract and minimal money owed. 3rd + mid grade prospect. Not sure if you guys would find the same value in Comrie. Again just my opinion, but think of how cash strapped the Yotes are and therefore how appealing a rental like Comrie is.

And again, no Brule. He and Stafford will be a nice pair (I see Brule centering Staff and MPS). Both good combo of speed and physicality.
I'd hop on Vis for Stafford + 2010 first round pick faster than the proverbial fat kid on a Smartie.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote