HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Heikkinen to the KHL/Europe?(Confirms he won't return for 10-11)

Old
02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

vCash: 500
Of course Torts would rather have Way Deadened.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
SomE

Redden and Roszival are better than Heikkinen

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 09:42 AM
polako

Correct, but they aren't difference makers. Replacing Redden (Roz, for all his warts, is very important to this team) with Heikkenen gives you $ to play with to acquire that difference maker

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Nyrvana

Ok, so what do we do with him now?

I mean obviosly he has no place in our future. So do we trade him for someone that might give him a pro-contract (unlikely) or do we just get rid of him now. I mean there is no need to have him taking up a spot in the minors that could be given to another kid.

OR am I just wrong and there is no one else that can take his place? That's what I would assume.

Oh well, either way I'm not too sad about losing him. However, as others have pointed out. This is just more reason to kill Sather for signing Redden and Roszval to terrible deals. I don't care about beer, but rather would like to see Sangs up instead of Redden. Especially in this rebuilding-type year.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 11:40 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
I mean obviosly he has no place in our future. So do we trade him for someone that might give him a pro-contract (unlikely) or do we just get rid of him now. I mean there is no need to have him taking up a spot in the minors that could be given to another kid.

OR am I just wrong and there is no one else that can take his place? That's what I would assume.
He is absolutely not taking a spot from anyone. There's no one else to take his place. Until last week the Pack were playing with four ECHL callup defensemen in the lineup, none of whom have a real shot at ever making the NHL.

And I wouldn't expect there to be a market for him, trade-wise. Not all free agent signings turn into something. He was a risk worth taking. The Rangers didn't give anything up to get him, and got the year of service they paid him for. The end. They did the same thing with Vladimir Denisov last season.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
Redden and Roszival are better than Heikkinen
Roszi definitely, but in his 7 games, Heikkinen showed me about as much as Redden usually does, without using all his tools (especially that point shot I keep hearing about).

Heineken can only get better at the NHL level, which Redden won't, and he's so much cheaper...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote