HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vokoun will be a BlackHawk !

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Beach will be a Bertuzzi type of player... Without the Moore incident and the injuries (knock on wood for the kid)...

That means when he'll get in his prime, he should stay there !

Hope you'll be around here when the kid is 28 or something...
LOL, are you a psychic or something?

Old
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I don't want Huet's contract. If there is one position in which we can fill a hole with as a free agent this summer it will be a goalie.
Huh? We got Clemmensen-Markström next year. I'm 100% sure of that

Old
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Beach will be a Bertuzzi type of player... Without the Moore incident and the injuries (knock on wood for the kid)...

That means when he'll get in his prime, he should stay there !

Hope you'll be around here when the kid is 28 or something...
Do you have lofty goals for every prospect?? Bertuzzi's a bear of a man and is quite a bit heavier than Beach currently is. Does he stand in front of the net like Bert? How is he comparable to Bertuzzi?

02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What is Beach's potential? Youtubed him, he's a decent enough fighter, but he's not great.
It's hard to tell with Beach IMO. I think he could be a 30+G,60 pt. guy. That's if everything goes right, though.

Old
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
The org. seems to want Markstrom to go to the AHL next season. Which wouldn't be a bad move.

Quote:
Do you have lofty goals for every prospect?? Bertuzzi's a bear of a man and is quite a bit heavier than Beach currently is. Does he stand in front of the net like Bert? How is he comparable to Bertuzzi?
Yeah, I doubt very much that Beach ever scores 100 pts.

He stands in front of the net sometimes, mostly crashes the net though.

Old
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I wouldn't be. To be honest, I don't completely hate the idea of TVo and Clemmer going to Chicago and having Huet here to compete with Markstrom, Salak, etc. Huet's cap hit is very close to Vokoun's, so he'd be an expensive potential backup, but we could see what we had last season with Andy and Vokoun.

Would rather we not have to take back Huet's hit if possible and get Halak, Biron, Roloson, etc. instead. Imo, Versteeg isn't enough of a return for the downgrade we'd take in goal.

Old
02-21-2010, 12:54 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
When I look at a prospect... I always look at his BEST potential scenario ! And you can't properly evaluate a prospect if you don't do that IMO

That doesn't mean I expect every player to get to that maximum potential... Actually they are very few of them... I don't expect Wilson to become the next David Booth for example !

But I expect Kyle Beach to be a Bertuzzi-lite...

Old
02-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It's hard to tell with Beach IMO. I think he could be a 30+G,60 pt. guy. That's if everything goes right, though.
Quote:
The org. seems to want Markstrom to go to the AHL next season. Which wouldn't be a bad move.

Yeah, I doubt very much that Beach ever scores 100 pts.

He stands in front of the net sometimes, mostly crashes the net though.
Thanks MR. I haven't heard too much about Beach, but I guess I wouldn't mind him coming back in a deal. Wouldn't want him as the focus, though.

Old
02-21-2010, 12:55 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
That sounds like Todd Bertuzzi-lite version to me...

Guess we aren't that far off !

Old
02-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
When I look at a prospect... I always look at his BEST potential scenario ! And you can't properly evaluate a prospect if you don't do that IMO

That doesn't mean I expect every player to get to that maximum potential... Actually they are very few of them... I don't expect Wilson to become the next David Booth for example !

If you're going to look at the best potential, then you have to look at the worst...and find the middle. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed often. See: Daigle.

Old
02-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

So a floater that will play to his potential every once in a while and take stupid, undisciplined penalties constantly?

Old
02-21-2010, 12:57 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
lol, OK

Old
02-21-2010, 12:58 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
So a floater that will play to his potential every once in a while and take stupid, undisciplined penalties constantly?
Not that far off... But a goal-scoring floater !

Old
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
sinDer

Quote:
I really doubt it

Even as a backup, Clemmensen is not good enough, he's that bad.

And how can we be 100% sure that Markstrom is ready to be a starting goalie in the NHL?

Starting the season with an AHL goalie and a rookie? That would be irresponsible.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
If you're going to look at the best potential, then you have to look at the worst...and find the middle. Otherwise, you're going to be disappointed often. See: Daigle.
Don't want to sound cocky or something... But don't worry about my prospects evaluation skills !

And don't worry about me being disappointed ! I still think Rostislav Olesz can become the 3rd best player in his draft... I know... Shame on me !

That doesn't mean I expect him to be, my friend !

The worst of Kyle Beach ? As MR said (if I recall correctly), he could become Steve Downie... And I'm talking about the Downie of a couple of years ago... Not the one who seems to be back at hockey, you know the one that you may have noticed this year !

Old
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
RainingRats

I guess if we get paid to take Huet's contract we could get a good return.

Vokoun and Leo for Versteeg, Beech, Huet, 1st in 2010, 2nd in 2010. I guess that is pretty tempting. Although I feel like when you break it down...

Vokoun for Versteeg + Beach
Take on bad contract gets you the first
Leo for the second.

...it seems fair. I'm not convinced ownership will take on a contract like that though.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Don't want to sound cocky or something... But don't worry about my prospects evaluation skills !

And don't worry about me being disappointed ! I still think Rostislav Olesz can become the 3rd best player in his draft... I know... Shame on me !

That doesn't mean I expect him to be, my friend !

The worst of Kyle Beach ? As MR said (if I recall correctly), he could become Steve Downie... And I'm talking about the Downie of a couple of years ago... Not the one who seems to be back at hockey, you know the one that you may have noticed this year !
He was compared to Downie because of his actions, MR didn't compare his abilities.

You don't sound cocky...just unproven. I don't know you're predictions, right or wrong.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
He was compared to Downie because of his actions, MR didn't compare his abilities.

You don't sound cocky...just unproven. I don't know you're predictions, right or wrong.
Yeah, I was talking about Downie's attitude, not his abilities.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:09 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

He sounds way too optimistic. He isn't being reasonable.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
That sounds like Todd Bertuzzi-lite version to me...

Guess we aren't that far off !
And that's if everything goes right, I said. You seem to expect that from him, I don't. I'm saying if he's very lucky, he'll accomplish that.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
BabyJagrov

Unproven... I know... I don't have to publish my track-record to prove anything...

I'm just a big fan of hockey, who actually is a lot into the prospects world...

I still called for Frolik and Kulikov saying they would be building blocks for our team... And our scouting staff went that way too... So they will prove my worth...

I'm a big Nathan supporter too, and always defended him when a lot of people were throwing him under the bus and wanted his ass out... Those are the same embracing Horton's year this season !

I've always been on the side of optimism... That may be a weakness...

One thing for sure is that I won't stand on this side anymore if we don't get Beach out of Chicago !

He may never become the player I expect him to be... But he is the kid with the most impact potential the Black Hawks could sacrifice for Vokoun... And he HAS impact potential... Don't let MR fool you just because he is more proven !

And if our team is trading Tomas Vokoun, I want nothing less than impact potential coming back because T-Vo is OUR impact player !

And I've been around long before you showed your faces (or you changed your accounts and I'm not aware of it)...

I've been greatly wrong once... I expected Bouwmeester to compete for a Norris trophy by now, and I made a bet with Dr.Chimera (don't know if the guy is still around these boards)... But since then I've continued to follow his progression, and it has been a whole two or three years since I knew that Jay won't ever compete for a Norris... Or in a big career year... But a once in a lifetime experience, not a regular like I thought he would be !

Old
02-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I support Nate because he's actually putting forth effort this season, WAY more than he did previously. Still don't like him, but if he keeps this up, I'll change.

Frankly, I don't care what anyone's predictions are. I still think Matthias will do more than he's done in the NHL, but we'll have to wait and see. MR isn't necessarily proven so much as he just tells what a prospect can do/is doing.

I think you're a bit lofty, but that's cool. As I said, I wouldn't mind Beach at all if he were to come back, but I still don't want him being the focus of a deal.

Old
02-21-2010, 01:47 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
I support Nate because he's actually putting forth effort this season, WAY more than he did previously. Still don't like him, but if he keeps this up, I'll change.

Frankly, I don't care what anyone's predictions are. I still think Matthias will do more than he's done in the NHL, but we'll have to wait and see. MR isn't necessarily proven so much as he just tells what a prospect can do/is doing.

I think you're a bit lofty, but that's cool. As I said, I wouldn't mind Beach at all if he were to come back, but I still don't want him being the focus of a deal.
I wouldn't want Beach as the center-piece of any deal too... But you add a capable NHLer like Sharp or Versteeg or Byfuglien (well not that big of a fan, even if I want this kid to prove me wrong...), and a pick... That would look cool... You can also add Crawford potential who could be a great sleeper...

And I'm with you on Matthias, and I'm also looking forward to see if that Frolik-Matthias-Repik line that Jacques Martin tried to sell us during a couple of prospects evaluation camps (and as a big part of our team moving forward), I'm really looking forward to see if they can deliver !

Like you said with Horton... I guess we'll have to wait and see until the deadline, then until the draft, then until next year... I don't think Vokoun will be on our opening day roster next year. I would like to see him, because he is a great guy and also a great goaltender. But with the statement our ownership group made...

Wait and see...

Old
02-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Erick

1. Change the thread title, please.

2. The rumored trade...sucks.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
1. Change the thread title, please.

2. The rumored trade...sucks.
I think the title of the thread doesn't need any changes !

If you look at all the sources over the internet, you have to think that this may be a done deal...

Yeah... The rumored trade sucks IMO

Closed Thread