HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Farrell Shoulder pads

Old
02-20-2010, 06:01 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

vCash: 500
im thinking of going for the H500s. one thing im unsure of with the L650s is the fit, as the size i would get would be a L/XL, which might be a bit baggy, and i cant try it on anyways.

the old lady is nagging me about looking at new shoulder pads.lol. "you already have 2 pairs. nag nag nag". i try to get the point across that i might have 2 pairs, but if they arent doing their job then why would i continue wearing them. i swear most women just do not understand men and their sports.

DogFoodEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFoodEnforcer View Post
im thinking of going for the H500s. one thing im unsure of with the L650s is the fit, as the size i would get would be a L/XL, which might be a bit baggy, and i cant try it on anyways.

the old lady is nagging me about looking at new shoulder pads.lol. "you already have 2 pairs. nag nag nag". i try to get the point across that i might have 2 pairs, but if they arent doing their job then why would i continue wearing them. i swear most women just do not understand men and their sports.
haha, take the sly way, mail em to a buddies house =>

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:

I'm 6 foot, 195 lbs and I wear a small if that gives you any indication of Farrell's strange sizing. I guess a medium would be for 200 lbs +, large would be for an NFL linebacker and an XL would be for a professional wrestler who says his prayers and takes his vitamins.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'm 6 foot, 195 lbs and I wear a small if that gives you any indication of Farrell's strange sizing. I guess a medium would be for 200 lbs +, large would be for an NFL linebacker and an XL would be for a professional wrestler who says his prayers and takes his vitamins.
True ... I bought an XL and it was way too big. I wear XL for everything rexcept their shouldies. I tried on a Large and it fit well.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
DogFoodEnforcer

thanks for the tip. thats another reason i think ill spend the extra cash. the H500s seem to have more specific sizing compared to the cheaper ones. im ~200lbs (gotta drop 10-20 though), roughly 42-44" chest, so i think the mediums will fit me well

Old
02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

not about their shoulders, but any reviews on their elbow pads? I have a problem with elbows all the time, and these seem like theyll just slip right on nice.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
thanks for the tip. thats another reason i think ill spend the extra cash. the H500s seem to have more specific sizing compared to the cheaper ones. im ~200lbs (gotta drop 10-20 though), roughly 42-44" chest, so i think the mediums will fit me well
I've had them for over 2 years now and they aren't falling apart. I wash them in my washing machine (HE with no tumbler in the middle) and they are as good as new. Looks-wise if I could go back I would buy a pair in black but those weren't available when I bought mine.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 03:47 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've had them for over 2 years now and they aren't falling apart. I wash them in my washing machine (HE with no tumbler in the middle) and they are as good as new. Looks-wise if I could go back I would buy a pair in black but those weren't available when I bought mine.
good point. a white pair of shoulder pads would have yellow pitstains in no time with me!lol

im going to order them after i pay my next credit card bill. these friggin olympic games are burning a DEEP hole in my pocket!!! it's my bday tomorrow though, so maybe i can scam someone into buying them for me.hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
not about their shoulders, but any reviews on their elbow pads? I have a problem with elbows all the time, and these seem like theyll just slip right on nice.
are these them?

they're listed as lacrosse pads. they look comfy as hell, but im not sure how they would protect compared to the normal hard capped elbow pads. one thing that im not sure of with them is the fact that they seem to be slip on pads. i would be concerned with the sleeve getting stretched out and loose over time, leading to it slipping around.

i cant stand the new shoulder pads these days. they all seem to work their way down my arm throughout the game, whereas my old pads usually stayed in place.lol

Last edited by DogFoodEnforcer: 02-21-2010 at 03:53 PM.