HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Roman Cervenka to play in the NHL next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
  #26
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If the price is reasonable, what's the risk?

Unless we're using up our final contract spot on this guy, I don't think adding a decent talent to the organization is a bad thing.

Still, if he's 127lbs I definitely wouldn't waste our time. He'd be dead before the preseason was over.
Thats a big IF when you have Glen Sather handing out contracts. If he gave Rissmiller 1.0, Brashear 1.4, Voros 1.0... what is this guy gonna cost? And im not even going to the other spectrum of signings lol

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 09:31 AM
  #27
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 50
Sather isnt going to sign a player out of Europe for 10 years 120 million. If anything it would be Gilroy-esque.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
  #28
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Yeah, we have enough of talented players in Brasher, Boyle, Dubinsky, Voros, Rissmiller, Callahan, Shelley, Christensen and co...

talent is hardly the problem with guys like Dubinsky, Christensen, Lisin, etc.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:36 AM
  #29
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Cervenka is 5'11 and 187lbs.
Why can't north america use metric system
I didn't make a conversion mistake. HockeyDB.com has him listed at 5'7 and 127lbs. If he's 5'11 and 187lbs, I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Thats a big IF when you have Glen Sather handing out contracts. If he gave Rissmiller 1.0, Brashear 1.4, Voros 1.0... what is this guy gonna cost? And im not even going to the other spectrum of signings lol
What did he give Heikkinen? Gilroy? Ahmbul? I don't think he'd overpay for some guy who's never played in North America. He doesn't have a history of giving out awful deals to players like that.

$1MM on a 1-way contract isn't a big deal for this club.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:56 AM
  #30
Kostik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Sather isnt going to sign a player out of Europe for 10 years 120 million. If anything it would be Gilroy-esque.
Yea, Gilroy is making what, 1,75M$?
1 way contract, option in contract that he can bolt back to Europe if it will not work out. What's to lose? Dolan's dolars maybe.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:01 AM
  #31
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I didn't make a conversion mistake. HockeyDB.com has him listed at 5'7 and 127lbs. If he's 5'11 and 187lbs, I say go for it.



What did he give Heikkinen? Gilroy? Ahmbul? I don't think he'd overpay for some guy who's never played in North America. He doesn't have a history of giving out awful deals to players like that.

$1MM on a 1-way contract isn't a big deal for this club.
True, though i felt giving almost 2 mil a year to someone who never stepped foot on NHL ice in Gilroy was a bit of risk regardless of how hes played this year. If he has the room so be it, i dont know anything about this guy. Thats up to the Rangers scouts. If they believe this guy is worth a shot and you can get him cheap... ok i guess.

Who the **** knows anymore with this team. Whatever.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
  #32
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Sign him and Jagr .

Prospal-Christensen-Gaborik
Cervenka-Dubinsky-Jagr
Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Byers-Drury-Voros

I am SOLD, lol.
Get 'er done Slats.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
  #33
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If the price is reasonable, what's the risk?

Unless we're using up our final contract spot on this guy, I don't think adding a decent talent to the organization is a bad thing.

Still, if he's 127lbs I definitely wouldn't waste our time. He'd be dead before the preseason was over.
What?

There is no way he is 127 pounds.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
  #34
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
What?

There is no way he is 127 pounds.
Would be pretty funny if he was. The kind of thing Joe would mention every time he touches the puck.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
  #35
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Id be down to sign him....

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
  #36
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Would be pretty funny if he was. The kind of thing Joe would mention every time he touches the puck.
lol, yeh

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
  #37
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,852
vCash: 500
Im curious how many games people have seen this guy play in...

I can't make an honest assessment of what hes worth and pencil him into the second line after seeing him skate with elite players for a half a game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
  #38
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Im curious how many games people have seen this guy play in...

I can't make an honest assessment of what hes worth and pencil him into the second line after seeing him skate with elite players for a half a game.
I'm not penciling him in anywhere since I've seen not one game of him. But I'm sure a guy that comes close to the scoring record in the Czech league is worth taking a chance on, if it costs nothing but some dollars.
Scouting him is the job of the scouts, and should we sign him, we're gonna see in training camp where he could fit.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
  #39
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,947
vCash: 500
The height and weight on HockeyDB is for a different Cervenka — Adam. Just a mistake on their part and unfortunately it's almost impossible to get them to correct it.

As for a contract, he would come in on a 1-year ELC just like Gustavsson did.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
  #40
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
The height and weight on HockeyDB is for a different Cervenka Adam. Just a mistake on their part and unfortunately it's almost impossible to get them to correct it.

As for a contract, he would come in on a 1-year ELC just like Gustavsson did.
See, then there's pretty much no risk at all. But they would of course have to convince him with something else than big dollars. Jagr talking to him maybe?

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
  #41
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 500
looking at a lot of posts in this thread i got the impression that he was like 30 already. guys only 24 and dominating the czech league.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
  #42
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Im curious how many games people have seen this guy play in...

I can't make an honest assessment of what hes worth and pencil him into the second line after seeing him skate with elite players for a half a game.
I've seen him play a few games before this season, and way back at his WJC year. He was really not very good in that tourny and was undersized so understandably he went undrafted.

He's interesting, like what I saw from him last night. Not sure how much we could spend to get him here, especially since half a dozen teams are already trying to sign him, and a few of those have cap space.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
  #43
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I've seen him play a few games before this season, and way back at his WJC year. He was really not very good in that tourny and was undersized so understandably he went undrafted.

He's interesting, like what I saw from him last night. Not sure how much we could spend to get him here, especially since half a dozen teams are already trying to sign him, and a few of those have cap space.
What's the rule on ELC's? Isn't he subject to the same contract restrictions as Gustavsson/Heikkinen?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
  #44
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What's the rule on ELC's? Isn't he subject to the same contract restrictions as Gustavsson/Heikkinen?
Your right, he's 24, undrafted UFA, he still needs to sign a 2-way entry level contract as his first NHL deal.

I guess he's worth a shot. I'm thinking he'll sign with a team that is thin at forward.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
  #45
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Your right, he's 24, undrafted UFA, he still needs to sign a 2-way entry level contract as his first NHL deal.

I guess he's worth a shot. I'm thinking he'll sign with a team that is thin at forward.
We are pretty thin on skilled forwards, so why not here? I'd much rather have a guy like him than another Kotalik, Brashear or Rissmiller signing...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
  #46
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
We are pretty thin on skilled forwards, so why not here? I'd much rather have a guy like him than another Kotalik, Brashear or Rissmiller signing...
I just think he'll sign with another club.

If any teams banking on him for top minutes next year its tricky. 25 yr old changing his entire life, hockey might not come around until half a season over here.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 11:02 PM
  #47
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
It's a low risk w/ possible high reward implications.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 12:00 AM
  #48
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Would be pretty funny if he was. The kind of thing Joe would mention every time he touches the puck.
"jeez sam, this kid is only 127 pounds, but boy can he play"

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 03:20 AM
  #49
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
IN HIS DRAFT YEAR he was 5'7" and 127 lbs. It is why he went undrafted. He has grown since then but because he doesn't play in NA some sites haven't updated his height/weight. If you saw him matched up against NHL forwards in the preliminary games where you know their size, you can see that the 5'11" 185 figure looks a lot closer to the truth. He actually looked similar in size to Gaborik, maybe a little smaller...but not by much.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 03:28 AM
  #50
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
talent is hardly the problem with guys like Dubinsky, Christensen, Lisin, etc.
Lets be realistic here, its not like they have a abundance of it...

...I am just joking with the people who say "great another soft skilled player". Last time I checked we don't have a single player like that. Like even the skilled players we had last year, wasn't all that skilled. Dawes, Prucha and co...

...and we especially have like zero amount of playmaking ability on this team, after Prospal. Its the same this year, like Lisin have a speed and a ton of drive. He doesn't handle the puck like its a handgranade, but he hardly makes any good plays with it either. Thats really what we need more then anything, someone who can hold on to the puck and make plays. Pass the puck.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.