HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don't ever move

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2010, 01:55 AM
justwes

vCash: 500
Don't ever move

I just moved to Louisiana from Raleigh and it blows down here. You say hockey and they look at you like you are retarded. I know the BWW in Knightdale had Center Ice so I was excited to see I live a mile down the road from one. We walk in and ask about Center Ice and the pregnant 16 year old working there looked at me like she must look at condoms, with utter disgust. Googled it and no where within 50 miles has it. I looked for to see if there was some local rag tag team around so I could at least watch grown men hit each other, but the closest one was 2.5 hours away in Lafayette. Maybe I should go there and see if Delhomme has Center Ice. I know I should stop being cheap and order Center Ice but I'm trying to save for a few road trips with the best road trippers around, Kaberlay and CANES. You would think that as much booze as there is down here they would be tailgaters but from what I hear that doesn't happen either(**** the Saints). No one could do it as good as Kaberlay anyway. Well maybe the Nasty Nest. I could keep going but I know no one wants to hear it. Oh well, time to go get kicked out of the Superdome. Thank you for your time.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

bwahahahahah.... Sorry bro...

BTW, what car do you run?

Old
02-21-2010, 05:30 AM
justwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
bwahahahahah.... Sorry bro...

BTW, what car do you run?
Its just a stock Accord, I just find that frame funny. Does NASCAR count?

Old
02-21-2010, 08:38 AM
UnPLEASED Anton

This thread makes me

For what its worth, supposedly center ice is discounted this late into the season. You need to PM me your address so I can send another OVECHKIN SUCKS coozie

Old
02-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

02-21-2010, 09:23 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

It's also the state bird of Texas and Minnesota. It's like some extremely low budget remake of Starship Troopers.

Old
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
VoodooChile

You live in Slidell now? I used to live in New Orleans, and I can suggest you try Cooter Brown's in the Uptown area off of St Charles and South Carrollton. It's the best sports bar in the city, lots of tvs, center ice, and amazing food. It's easy to feel like an outsider for being a hockey fan down there, but this could your chance to spread the game

Old
02-21-2010, 10:34 PM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwes View Post
I just moved to Louisiana from Raleigh and it blows down here. You say hockey and they look at you like you are retarded. I know the BWW in Knightdale had Center Ice so I was excited to see I live a mile down the road from one. We walk in and ask about Center Ice and the pregnant 16 year old working there looked at me like she must look at condoms, with utter disgust. Googled it and no where within 50 miles has it. I looked for to see if there was some local rag tag team around so I could at least watch grown men hit each other, but the closest one was 2.5 hours away in Lafayette. Maybe I should go there and see if Delhomme has Center Ice. I know I should stop being cheap and order Center Ice but I'm trying to save for a few road trips with the best road trippers around, Kaberlay and CANES. You would think that as much booze as there is down here they would be tailgaters but from what I hear that doesn't happen either(**** the Saints). No one could do it as good as Kaberlay anyway. Well maybe the Nasty Nest. I could keep going but I know no one wants to hear it. Oh well, time to go get kicked out of the Superdome. Thank you for your time.
Wow, assy and bigoted much?

Please, the next time you move can you move to Buffaltucky? You'd fit in perfectly there.

Old
02-21-2010, 11:17 PM
justwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidQueen View Post
Wow, assy and bigoted much?

Please, the next time you move can you move to Buffaltucky? You'd fit in perfectly there.
As one fan to another thank you for you concern. What Buffalo has to do with Loisiana I may never know but I guess that's for people smarter than me. As far as being assy, yes ask anyone that knows me I am. I was just trying to express my concern that hockey isn't as nationaly accepted as it should be (and 16 year olds shouldn't be prego). AcidQueen(love Tommy by the way) has every right to hate my post as this is the interwebs. It may have come off as whining but I was just trying to express that I've been here for 3 weeks and miss the Canes more than I miss my mother. Go Bills I guess?

Old
02-21-2010, 11:44 PM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
As one fan to another thank you for you concern. What Buffalo has to do with Loisiana I may never know
You're acting toward Louisiana (a fine state, I might add) the way that Buffaltuckians act toward NC: ign'ant and assy.

And my username isn't inspired by The Who, no matter how much a fan I may be of theirs.

Last edited by AcidQueen: 02-21-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: p.s. GTFO the fanbase please.
Old
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
justwes

Quote:
You're acting toward Louisiana (a fine state, I might add) the way that Buffaltuckians act toward NC: ign'ant and assy.

And my username isn't inspired by The Who, no matter how much a fan I may be of theirs.
You win I'll leave. If this is how fans are treated here I'm not sure I want to be on this message board.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Guy

Don't let her run you off. I enjoy reading your opinions and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:

Overreact much?

Old
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
You win I'll leave. If this is how fans are treated here I'm not sure I want to be on this message board.
Please stick around, enjoy your stay

Old
02-22-2010, 08:23 AM
geehaad

Some people's inadequacies cause them to act more humble and meek, while others lash out at others at any given opportunity to make themselves feel more superior. It's a way of building a sense of pride when you have little else to feel pride about. You see it a lot in teenagers who are trying to find their lot in life, and although most folks grow out of it during their college-age years, some with deep-seeded inferiority complexes hold onto the behavior well into their adult years.

As time goes on, the aggression shifts to more "worthy" targets, ones that are perceived to have acted aggressively toward (and perhaps wronged) someone else. The inferiority complex feeds on having come to the aid of a helpless victim...in this case, an anonymous pregnant 16-year old Louisiana girl.

Unfortunately, the inferiority complex is a beast that is never sated by the repeated humiliation of others, and the only way the patient can be saved is the eventual realization that the actions in fact run *counter* to the ultimate goal: to be liked by others

Old
02-22-2010, 08:33 AM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Overreact much?
I don't think so--it bugs the daylights out of me when somebody who calls himself a Hurricanes fan thinks it's OK to be a class-free putz. More specifically, it embarrasses me.

I still say he's better off cheering for Buffalo, where ignorant nastiness like that is the norm for that fanbase.

Old
02-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Guy

^If you represented the majority of the Canes fanbase, I'd find a new team to pull for too.

Old
02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

You people.

Closed Thread