HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Taylor Hall Highlights

Old
02-21-2010, 04:16 PM
the word*

vCash: 500
Taylor Hall Highlights

2010 NHL Entry Draft Prospect Taylor Hall:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2010-nhl...3-taylor-hall/

Taylor Hall Hat-Trick

Taylor Hall Fastest Skating Competition

Taylor Hall Feature

Taylor Hall - 2009 OHL Playoff MVP

Taylor Hall Next Testing CHL Top Prosepcts 2010

Taylor Hall Goal

Taylor Hall - Windsor Spitfire goal 10 Jan 2008

Taylor Hall scores to send the Windsor Spitfires to the Memorial Cup!

Taylor Hall Scores A Goal Vrs The Kingston Frontenacs

2009 OHL Finals - Game 5 Battalion @ Spitfires May 8th

Taylor Hall scores OHL Championship winning goal

Hall's OT goal

2009 OHL Finals - Game 2 Battalion vs Spitfires May 1st

Just a Taste....

Last edited by the word*: 02-21-2010 at 10:02 PM.
the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 04:26 PM
the word*

sorry that some of the clips are repeats...

Old
02-21-2010, 04:30 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1599
and this could not go into the fall for hall or begin for seguin becuase?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 04:59 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Thanks for the hard work Word.

I loved this one. Taylor Hall - Windsor Spitfire goal 10 Jan 2008. He pulls the puck off his own goal line and clears it, then races down the ice, grabs the free puck and scores. Literally a 2 goal swing if Hall isn't on the ice.

And I also loved all the ones where he shows his speed. Every time he gets a half step, it soon becomes a step and a half. His natural skating speed is very fast and he has that extra gear he can kick it into when he needs to get to open space or beat a guy.

While I maintain you can't learn much from youtube hilight reels as it always shows the best stuff (my Mikhnov fascination, and our Kulikov vs Kassian debate last year are no better examples, bud), when there is enough different material, it starts to have some weight.

Hall is again reinforced as my hopeful pick. We need a guy that can flat out score, and Hall can be that guy. Hemsky feeding Hall could be magic for us even if he does play the wing.

If we fall to 2nd Seguin is just fine too, but given my druthers, I'd take Hall

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

I loved this one. Taylor Hall - Windsor Spitfire goal 10 Jan 2008. He pulls the puck off his own goal line and clears it, then races down the ice, grabs the free puck and scores. Literally a 2 goal swing if Hall isn't on the ice.

And I also loved all the ones where he shows his speed. Every time he gets a half step, it soon becomes a step and a half. His natural skating speed is very fast and he has that extra gear he can kick it into when he needs to get to open space or beat a guy.

While I maintain you can't learn much from youtube hilight reels as it always shows the best stuff (my Mikhnov fascination, and our Kulikov vs Kassian debate last year are no better examples, bud), when there is enough different material, it starts to have some weight.

Hall is again reinforced as my hopeful pick. We need a guy that can flat out score, and Hall can be that guy. Hemsky feeding Hall could be magic for us even if he does play the wing.

Gagner and Eberle play catch, Gagner to Hall, shoots, scores!

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Destroyko

Hard to imagine he won't be an Oiler in a few months. With Karmanos' connection to Plymouth I think it's very likely that Seguin goes to Carolina, whether it's with the first pick or the second. So the only worry would be the Leafs...and Burke has them playing to win for the rest of the season to avoid giving the Bruins a top pick.

Destroyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

Well it's not very hard work but thanks. 15 - 20 minutes, tops, while actually watching the clips and copying the addresses, and a third of that time is trying to make sure I don't post the same clip twice. When I was done the first thing I noticed was I had the same goal 3 times.

I know that youtube clips are not much to go buy but at least it gives the viewer an idea of skill set and style of play. That and hopefully it gets people thinking beyond looking at score sheets, season totals, and the hand full of anecdotes that get passed around endlessly.

It's a starting point for debate. Now, hopefully with people viewing entire games, they might do some ripping and post their own clips to help prove their points.

Even with Kassian's latest hijinks and tomfoolaries, I would still love to see him in Edmonton. When Phaneuf was making the exact same hits in Red Deer a few seasons ago he was being toasted (the jumping hit was his forte), not suspended. How quickly things change... and politics get involved.... Yada yada yada...

Last edited by the word*: 02-21-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old
02-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
I sure hope we get this guy. We need some attitude on this team.

Game 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
I sure hope we get this guy. We need a winning attitude on this team.
Fixed.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote