HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ovechkin wants Halak?

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2010, 04:53 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Varlamov 12-2-2 not getting the job done?
ding ding ding...I mean come on, if you are going to make something up make is at least somewhat plausible.

Old
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Varlamov has a record of 12-2-2, a 2.44 GAA, a .916 sv% and 2 shutouts in his last 5 starts. I'd say Washington is just fine with that. Hell, Varlamov is even younger than Carey Price.
Good for him, imagine if the caps had Carey Price. I don't get you right now.

Carey is as good as Varlamov this year as bad as he is, but Varlamov has a way better win% considering he is on the toppest team in the league. And Halak owns the ***** out of Varlamov, so you have no argument.

I'm also detecting anti Care Price bias here, since he's older by what, one year? Absolute Fail at suggesting Varlamov would ever be better than him. 1 year older but 100+ NHL games ahead. Utter. Fail.

Old
02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Varlamov 12-2-2 not getting the job done?
That's what I thought. Definitely the best goalie on an entry level contract in the league. In any event, it would take some maneuvering to get rid of Theodore (I highly doubt the Canadiens would bring him back, lol), and I don't know why they'd target target Halak to replace him. Sure, he is one of the best goalies in the league this year, but there are guys with more (and better) playoff experience out there. They have a lot of cap room, but wouldn't even be looking for a long term investment anyways (also have Neuvirth).

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 02-22-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Laich and Eakin Please and Thanks K Bye

Old
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The site is, in fact not credible.

Old
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
twosaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post

Carey is as good as Varlamov this year as bad as he is, but Varlamov has a way better win% considering he is on the toppest team in the league. And Halak owns the ***** out of Varlamov, so you have no argument.

I'm also detecting anti Care Price bias here, since he's older by what, one year? Absolute Fail at suggesting Varlamov would ever be better than him. 1 year older but 100+ NHL games ahead. Utter. Fail.
How the hell does Carey work his way into every damn conversation in this place?

The Caps will stick with Varlamov and hope that Neuvirth will develop quickly so they can drop Theodore eventually. They have no need for another goalie.

Old
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Do you know anything about Varlamov? The guy has been on the radar ever since he was 18 and was brought up to the Lokomotiv big club for the playoffs (same year he also had a sensational WJC, posting a 1.5 GAA and 2 shutouts in 6 games). The very next year he put up really strong numbers in the regular season on Lokomotiv and then posted 5 shutouts in 16 playoff games with them. Hence his selection in the 1st round of 2006. If the Habs hadn't picked Price the year before, they almost certainly would have picked Varlamov in 2006 instead of Fischer.

To flat out refuse to acknowledge that Varlamov COULD be better than Price is being just as biased as you're accusing Natey of.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Habs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Do you know anything about Varlamov? The guy has been on the radar ever since he was 18 and was brought up to the Lokomotiv big club for the playoffs (same year he also had a sensational WJC, posting a 1.5 GAA and 2 shutouts in 6 games). The very next year he put up really strong numbers in the regular season on Lokomotiv and then posted 5 shutouts in 16 playoff games with them. Hence his selection in the 1st round of 2006. If the Habs hadn't picked Price the year before, they almost certainly would have picked Varlamov in 2006 instead of Fischer.

To flat out refuse to acknowledge that Varlamov COULD be better than Price is being just as biased as you're accusing Natey of.
I agree he could definately be better then Price, time will tell..

Old
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Hahaha "Varlamov not getting it done"

Honestly..if you're going to post BS, why not not at least TRY to make it logical?

Old
02-22-2010, 06:12 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I'd want Semin or Greene. They won't be able to resign Semin since he took a 1 yr paycut to stick with the team next yr.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
WHo would take the chance to trade Halak to Washington? How about Halak for Semin? Or Halak and Plekanec for Backstorm?
You failed

Old
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Varlamov has a record of 12-2-2, a 2.44 GAA, a .916 sv% and 2 shutouts in his last 5 starts. I'd say Washington is just fine with that. Hell, Varlamov is even younger than Carey Price.
Varlamov also has only played one NHL game since the Fall....gave up 6 goals against Ottawa. If his groin doesn't hold up, goaltending could be the only thing that holds the Washington Capitals back from a serious run at the Cup.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
And rumors today are that Sidney Crosby has contacted Ray Shero and Mario Lemieux and told them to trade Malkin,Stall and Fleury for Ryan Miller.Details to come....

Old
02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
And rumors today are that Sidney Crosby has contacted Ray Shero and Mario Lemieux and told them to trade Malkin,Stall and Fleury for Ryan Miller.Details to come....
Gretzky used to do that in LA.

Don't underestimate how much influence the iconic superstars have. They're often a lot closer to ownership than the coach or GM are.

Last edited by Schooner Guy: 02-22-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post

What is it with you and having to throw you a bone every once in a while

You're not even arguing anything, except for saying that if we hadn't picked Price we would have taken Varlamov the year after, which is wild enough to speculate. You go on a rant about how he deserved his draft selection, but uh, Price was #5 overall in the crosby draft and as much as you are pimping Varlamov Carey has acomplished more imo before he reached the NHL. Shattered dreams bro.

Old
02-22-2010, 06:46 PM
WestIslander

I want Stefan Della Rovere and Karl Alzner!

Old
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Schooner Guy

From www.rotoworld.com....

Quote:
Coach Bruce Boudreau was not happy with Semyon Varlamov's performance in his first game back from knee and groin injuries.
Varlamov stopped just 22 of 28 shots in a 6-5 loss to the Ottawa Senators. "It was an ugly display," a furious Boudreau said. "I thought our defense was horrible and our goaltending was horrible. You're not going to win when you give up six goals and maybe five of them are bad ones and our 'D' can't make a play. It's awful." Varlamov did play between the pipes a bit in an AHL conditioning stint before returning, but he's still probably rusty. He has a 2.44 GAA and .916 save percentage in 17 games this season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NHL&id=2069

Old
02-22-2010, 07:03 PM
RC51

I heard that Halak called Gauthier and asked if he can make a deal to get this guy called Ovetchkin, Halak thinks this guy can play on the forth line as a hitter.

Old
02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
habtastic

Huet, Theo, Halak...geez

Old
02-22-2010, 07:18 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:

This was the worst insert Carey debate here.
All he's saying is that Varlamov is good, has great numbers, and hey look! he's really young! To make you realize how young he is, he's even younger than our young stud goalie who is considered young.

Old
02-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
This was the worst insert Carey debate here.
All he's saying is that Varlamov is good, has great numbers, and hey look! he's really young! To make you realize how young he is, he's even younger than our young stud goalie who is considered young.
I didn't start the "Carey debate" as you put it I don't know why you're trying to change what he said by using softer words but it it still means the same.

Old
02-22-2010, 07:39 PM
number 11

halak for ovechkin straight up

Old
02-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Fozz

Their "source working for the Caps" is the janitor. What a load of crap.

Old
02-22-2010, 08:05 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Halak + Plekanec + 1st for Backstrom

GO!

When did you start saying GO.
I love saying that.
Well typing it in this situation I guess.

Old
02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Varlamov also has only played one NHL game since the Fall....gave up 6 goals against Ottawa. If his groin doesn't hold up, goaltending could be the only thing that holds the Washington Capitals back from a serious run at the Cup.
Even if true, Gretzky didn't play in a salary cap era.

Halak for Semin = too much money, high costing UFA in 1 year

Halak for Green = too much money, won't happen

Halak and Plekanec for Backstrom = never gonna happen

Either way, Habs aren't trading Halak to the East unless it is a hell of a deal.

Closed Thread