HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What gear will get you "chirped" at? (Besides a tinted visor)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Webernaut

vCash: 500
Federov can pull them off. That was prime time for him 97/98.

Old
02-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
unreal style

Old
02-22-2010, 08:58 PM
CanadaBacon

Those old school under shirts where the best. Only thing that topped those were the onesies

Old
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM
LarryO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Im not saying that this ^^^ isnt true, but i have played tourny's all over North America and played teams from all over North America (and Europe for that matter) during my time in minor hockey and everyone chirps (i dont mean every individual, i mean it is far from uncommon). I have been to a few tourny's in Senior in different parts of Canada and the US and chirping is still quite common.

Maybe it is less common at lower levels, but A and B it is quite common.

I cant see how anyone who has spent time in Minor hockey or spent a significant time playing any organized hockey doesnt know what beaking is.
Chirping about gear just seems to occur everywhere you go.

Old
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
Chirping just seems to occur everywhere you go.
yup, it doesnt happen unless im there, i invented chirping and am the only one that does it.

I notice you threw in "gear" after, once again you are correct, i invented chirping about gear and am the only one that does it.

Old
02-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Everest

<<<<< I am late to my own party.

Known as 'Red Helmut' I put the opposition into automatic rage at the sight of my circa 80's Red Army lid.

The torn ear piece?

Ya...someone ripped it right off my head once.

I refuse not to wear it and I enhance the entire aura by lighting up your goalie like a birthday cupcake.

Old
02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
<<<<< I am late to my own party.

Known as 'Red Helmut' I put the opposition into automatic rage at the sight of my circa 80's Red Army lid.

The torn ear piece?

Ya...someone ripped it right off my head once.

I refuse not to wear it and I enhance the entire aura by lighting up your goalie like a birthday cupcake.

apparently i ripped it off your head

Old
02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
blueberrydanish

I don't really chirp ppl over gear I usually just chirp my friends for fun when they mess up. Its especially fun when you are playing defense against em. =]

Old
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
rinkrat22

[QUOTE=He Hate Me;24059318]

Watch out for the toe pick

Old
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
Someone asked before but never got an answer - what's wrong with the half visor half cage? I've been chirped (at pickup....) for it, but I tried the full cage and had trouble with it.

Old
02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webernaut View Post

No way. Chirping at chicks on the rink is great. We have a woman that plays in my men's league that is actually quite good but I like to rib her every now and again just for being a girl.
I'd probably elbow you in the face and then chirp at you for getting elbowed in the face by a girl.

I hate guys that chirp at girls just for being girls.

02-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
I run my mouth but I'd also like to add that some of the equipment I've owned includes,

795 Tacks
White RBK 9ks
White eagle gloves
White RBK gloves
The warrior "team edition" franchise gloves
grey oakley visor on my black 4500

Old
02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
I'd probably elbow you in the face and then chirp at you for getting elbowed in the face by a girl.

I hate guys that chirp at girls just for being girls.
So do I.

Old
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Quicktimer

T-Blades.

Old
02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
rinkrat22

tblades are dusty

Old
02-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Madic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
White Russian!

Old
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicktimer View Post
T-Blades.
Nice, thats a good one

Old
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Quicktimer

Oh I wouldn't pick 99, 66 as jersey numbers either.

Old
02-23-2010, 08:15 AM
CanFan05

LOL

I never got chirped but I'm happy to not be playing around you guys

I wear number 69 and got the aviator visor (not tinted) with a bauer 9500 team canada helmet (heard a helmet is one of the most important piece of equipement).

I was actually thinking of getting the cage/visor combo but seems I will get seriously ripped on the ice...I just heard that a cage screws up your vision and that the combo lets you see better...

Mind you, i'm playing beginner ice hockey so...

BTW, I never chirp at anybody except the occasional dirty ******* but that's only in ballhockey.

Old
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
The better you are the more style you are allowed to have, imo.

Just don't wear a fishbowl. Ever.

Old
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Nobody at beginner hockey chirps anyone because they're fully aware they can't play either. Don't worry about it.

Old
02-23-2010, 09:52 AM
TinofGrizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
DOESNT allow cages?

wow...
I play in the MLRH, in the beginning of the season it was anyone who wore a cage would get their minor penalties doubled ie if they had a trip/slash/hooking call they would get a double minor instead of just a single. Also if someone wearing a cage gets in a fight they are immediately suspended where as a non cage wearer only gets a major. Now they switched the rule that you are just not allowed to wear cages all together unless you have a doctors note.

Also I agree sweatpants in a pickup game or outside rink is fine, when you are playing in a tournament or even league game just spend the $30 on a closeout pair of pants so you don't look like a total bender. Also most rinks don't have AC and can get very hot in the summer time, I don't know how guys in sweatpants can even handle the heat.

[QUOTE=What would the doctor's note have to say? Something like, "My patient has a condition which makes being hit in the face injurious to his health, and his face."[/QUOTE]

One of the guys got caught with his head down and ended up with his jaw wired shut. When he got back from recovery and could play again he had a doctors note stating he needed to wear one until his jaw was 100% healed. Could also be for previous eye injuries of for whatever reason you see an NHLer wearing a cage for a couple games.

Last edited by TinofGrizz: 02-23-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old
02-23-2010, 10:13 AM
tillman40
Bo Knows Bo

I have the old Gretzky/Goulet helmet....not legal in alot of ice hockey leagues but a perfect ball hockey helmet to wear....alot of comments when I wear that lid

Old
02-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinofGrizz View Post
I play in the MLRH, in the beginning of the season it was anyone who wore a cage would get their minor penalties doubled ie if they had a trip/slash/hooking call they would get a double minor instead of just a single. Also if someone wearing a cage gets in a fight they are immediately suspended where as a non cage wearer only gets a major. Now they switched the rule that you are just not allowed to wear cages all together unless you have a doctors note.

Also I agree sweatpants in a pickup game or outside rink is fine, when you are playing in a tournament or even league game just spend the $30 on a closeout pair of pants so you don't look like a total bender. Also most rinks don't have AC and can get very hot in the summer time, I don't know how guys in sweatpants can even handle the heat.

One of the guys got caught with his head down and ended up with his jaw wired shut. When he got back from recovery and could play again he had a doctors note stating he needed to wear one until his jaw was 100% healed. Could also be for previous eye injuries of for whatever reason you see an NHLer wearing a cage for a couple games.
I don't play roller, but I have several friends that do and about 15 that have played at some point in the MLRH and they have all unilaterally said that the MLRH is by far the worst league they have ever played in, pretty much in all aspects on and off rink. A rule like that doesn't surprise me coming from them.

Old
02-23-2010, 10:27 AM
TinofGrizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
I don't play roller, but I have several friends that do and about 15 that have played at some point in the MLRH and they have all unilaterally said that the MLRH is by far the worst league they have ever played in, pretty much in all aspects on and off rink. A rule like that doesn't surprise me coming from them.
Not sure when they played but things have gotten better over the years. I personally think its a joke when people call it professional hockey, thats why I didn't refer to it as such, you only make money if you win, its kind of like a poker game but you play hockey instead of cards. It is the equivalent of playing NARCh Platinum or TORHS Pro Tier 2 but with full contact. I agree they have some stupid rules but it is fun to be able to travel every couple of weeks and play 3 or 4 games against a different set of people, compared to playing the same 5 teams every week of the season.

Closed Thread