HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canada Vs Germany 7:30 Est (CNBC,CTV,RDS)

Old
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Not sooooo close, finally. Crosby is a machine. Loved the kids at the blue line. My god, they will DOMINATE the world in 4 years (imagine adding Myers and Green...). The captain had a stellar game. Pronger didn't play too much, which is good. Not a big Boyle fan, though.

Joe C. Thornton finally scored. Perry is too slow for this tourney. Getzlaf would be better off with a stronger guy (Brad Richards would have done miracles).

Still can't see why the hell Brendan Morrow is on the team. Toews and Richards compensated for his lack of offensive talent. And Bergeron...Or was it Latendresse?

As for Bobby Lou, he probably fell asleep. Still looks like a freaking swimmer sometimes. Can't understand why a 6' 4" guy has to make himself a 2' 5" goalie in front of the net, but what the heck.

Tomorrow, THE game of the tournament. We win, we go to the finals. We lose, we cry and blame everybody.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
habtastic

Even if we win, I think Sweden is the team to beat. Also the US can suck all game, but if Miller plays like he has, then they are the team to beat.

I am scared ****less of the Ovechkin line. Not like they have anything less than stellar goaltending either.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Even if we win, I think Sweden is the team to beat. Also the US can suck all game, but if Miller plays like he has, then they are the team to beat.

I am scared ****less of the Ovechkin line. Not like they have anything less than stellar goaltending either.
Hasn't Nabokov looked shaky against Canada at the worlds? The Swedes will be a defensive force to reckon with, but Canada's achille's heel, IMHO, is our goalies. The Ruskies can throw bombs galore against Bobby Lou. The Swedes are more structured. But their system can be beaten. We have the firepower, plus the physical play for that. I'm not sure we can withstand the barrage of a russian roulette.

Old
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
habtastic

well our D better make sure they don't get shots off. I think the slovaks (Chara mostly) handled them very well. Obviously our forwards better have their man in the D zone and it will end up being a game of trading chances.

Old
02-23-2010, 10:38 PM
deandebean

Quote:
well our D better make sure they don't get shots off. I think the slovaks (Chara mostly) handled them very well. Obviously our forwards better have their man in the D zone and it will end up being a game of trading chances.
I think the Russians were just asleep in that one. Plus, Halak was there. They tried to take off, but it was too late. They looked better (not a lot, but enough) against the Czechs.

Old
02-23-2010, 10:41 PM
habtastic

in the Czech Latvia game they are discussing Cervenka as being a competent 2nd line center in the NHL based on his play in the olympics. The Czech have Pleky as their number 1 center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I think the Russians were just asleep in that one. Plus, Halak was there. They tried to take off, but it was too late. They looked better (not a lot, but enough) against the Czechs.
True, but as a proof of principle (if we can be a bit better than the Slovaks like that), it's the way to stop the Russians. Don't overcommit and always have a guy on them.

This is where I think Morrow, Richards, Perry and hopefully Bergeron will come in handy. Morrow doesn't have to score, just shut people down like he does in the NHL. Bergeron has not done much, but also hasn't gaffed big time either.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-23-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
02-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
in the Czech Latvia game...
Can't believe there's no GDT here. What a great game.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Habs_Apostle

Gotta feel for Latvia. But Plek moves on anyways.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote