HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes Prospect Discussion & Updates (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

vCash: 500
Imagine if Sutter goes back to Albany for playoffs. Albany with Sutter can win Calder, no doubt in my mind.

Old
02-17-2010, 12:48 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Dalpe wouldn't have to worry about it though. They aren't going to sign him to an ATO and then leave him hanging without an ELC after he burns his NCAA eligibility (it's just bad business). They would only sign him to an ATO to make him exempt from clear day rosters and to start his ELC a season later, so it makes sense.
Ah yes...burning a year of the ELC would not make sense.

Sorry, I was going off of this:
Quote:
"March 26, 2009 Agreed to terms with defenseman Jamie McBain on a three-year contract and assigned him to Albany of the American Hockey League."
...from this site.

Obviously there was more to it than that, and it certainly makes sense to not unnecessarily burn that year of his pro career.

Old
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
Imagine if Sutter goes back to Albany for playoffs. Albany with Sutter can win Calder, no doubt in my mind.
Sutter would help Albany a lot but Hershey would still be the best team. They are absolutely stacked when at full strength.

Old
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I would bet that with all the injury trouble he has had, Matt Kennedy will get the rest of the year off after his junior year ends. Dalpe and Lawson are the two that have a chance. Realistically, with how improved our blueline is in the AHL this year, I think Dalpe is the only one that serves to play good minutes.

Old
02-17-2010, 01:29 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I would bet that with all the injury trouble he has had, Matt Kennedy will get the rest of the year off after his junior year ends. Dalpe and Lawson are the two that have a chance. Realistically, with how improved our blueline is in the AHL this year, I think Dalpe is the only one that serves to play good minutes.
Hershey has to be the favorite but I can honestly see Albany bumping them off. Add Sutter and Dalpe for the Calder Cup Playoffs?

Boychuk - Sutter - Samson
Bowman - Dalpe - Tlusty

I'd put that top 6 up against any other one in the AHL. And when you count the solid depth guys they have like Blanchard, Chaput, Dodge, Terry and MicFlikier they're going to be hard to stop. I mean that's just scary deep, probably the AHL equivalent of the Canes depth when we won the cup. If Carson is eligible to return without having to pass through waivers (I don't think he is) that would put them over the top. Just my opinion on this one.

edit: the one thing that I think might make the Hershey matchup more of a tossup is the Caps playoff push themselves. No team is ever truly healthy in the playoffs and there's little doubt to me that some guys like Aucoin will be called up just in case there's trouble on the Caps roster. Albany doesn't have that same worry with us unless the Canes pull an absolute miracle.

Last edited by DaveG: 02-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Hershey has to be the favorite but I can honestly see Albany bumping them off. Add Sutter and Dalpe for the Calder Cup Playoffs?

Boychuk - Sutter - Samson
Bowman - Dalpe - Tlusty

I'd put that top 6 up against any other one in the AHL. And when you count the solid depth guys they have like Blanchard, Chaput, Dodge, Terry and MicFlikier they're going to be hard to stop. If Carson is eligible to return without having to pass through waivers (I don't think he is) that would put them over the top. Just my opinion on this one.
edit: i like this better

Boychuk- Chaput- Samson
Tlusty- Sutter- Dalpe
Micflikier- Terry- Bowman
Blanchard- Angelidis- Dodge (great shutdown line).
scratches: Herauf, Pistilli, Goertzen, Reed, Hennigar, Ryan (i don't know how healthy is he... i really don't know what happen with him. he's good ahl-er, can help if is healthy for sure).

Last edited by OrioleWay: 02-17-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacho View Post
scratches: Goertzen
Would he really go from playing with the big club to being a healthy scratch in Albany?

Old
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Would he really go from playing with the big club to being a healthy scratch in Albany?
I think the answer is fairly obvious. Those are some strange lines caniacho put together.

Old
02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
OrioleWay
Jailbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
I think the answer is fairly obvious. Those are some strange lines caniacho put together.
What is strange in these lines?

Old
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
I think the answer is fairly obvious.
Might be historical...a real never-been-done-before kind of thing.

Old
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Everyone is leaving off Dwyer. If Sutter goes back down for the playoffs, then I assume Dwyer would as well.

Old
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Stall View Post
Everyone is leaving off Dwyer. If Sutter goes back down for the playoffs, then I assume Dwyer would as well.
I'm guessing he'd have to clear waivers, but that might not be a concern.

Old
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Denzil
NOLU

Out of all those in the lineup, Stefan Chaput is closest to being scratched - he's been well out of form lately.

Old
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
NotOpie
HeDidn'tReallyDoThat

Send a message via Yahoo to NotOpie
What I don't get is why everybody seems to dismiss Sam Morneau. That kid has been a beast the last two years on a pretty horid team last year (don't know about this year's team). Anybody who is more than a point per game guy needs to be in the discussion. The year after we drafted him, I saw him at the "youngsters camp" and he was pretty darn good....any ideas? news?

Old
02-21-2010, 02:35 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Dalpe had 3 goals and 1 assist in the two game series with Western Michigan. He now has 19 goals and 17 assists for 36 points in 32 games.

Old
02-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Dalpe had 3 goals and 1 assist in the two game series with Western Michigan. He now has 19 goals and 17 assists for 36 points in 32 games.
We are going to have a good one here...

Old
02-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
We are going to have a good one here...
It's really quite remarkable what he's doing for Ohio State. And the best part, from a Hurricanes fan standpoint, is that he's doing it all alone. If he stays another year there, he's a favorite for the Hobey Baker in my estimation. He may make the Top 10 already this season. Highly unusual for an underclassman to make this kind of noise this early.

Among the two Junior A prospects in the 30-35 range, I liked Trivino better between he and Dalpe. I am so glad that the Islanders pulled the trigger on him earlier.

Old
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
stivwhaler

As a Bears season ticket holder (and a Canes fan), I don't see Albany having a chance against the Bears in the playoffs. They're leading the division by 20 pts already, I just don't see any of those teams getting in their way. They are just having a flukishly amazing season. Last night they set an AHL record for consecutive home wins (20), if they don't win the cup it'll be a huge disappointment. For me, anyway.

Old
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Denzil
NOLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivwhaler View Post
As a Bears season ticket holder (and a Canes fan), I don't see Albany having a chance against the Bears in the playoffs. They're leading the division by 20 pts already, I just don't see any of those teams getting in their way. They are just having a flukishly amazing season. Last night they set an AHL record for consecutive home wins (20), if they don't win the cup it'll be a huge disappointment. For me, anyway.
We already know we have no chance against the Bears in a 7 game series

We aren't that bad though, I'd be hopeful of taking a game or two off you - we just need to quit the bad penalties, they kill us against you guys.

Old
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stivwhaler View Post
Well Albany has been an atrocious road team and a pretty good home team for most of the season. Those two wins were not products of luck, they were products of skating with you. I have a feeling that in the playoffs, so long as it's 2nd round or later, we could have a shot. We're going to be guaranteed to have our top guys for the playoffs with Carolina missing the playoffs, and Washington is pretty much in, so callups may occur.

Old
02-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Johnnyduke

Boston College season ticket holder here. Just thought I'd let you know that Brian Dumoulin has been their best dman all year--and it's not even close.

13 assists in 31 games and leading the dmen with a +17 rating.

Oh ya, and he's the 5th youngest player in all of college hockey this year...

Old
02-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
Boston College season ticket holder here. Just thought I'd let you know that Brian Dumoulin has been their best dman all year--and it's not even close.

13 assists in 31 games and leading the dmen with a +17 rating.

Oh ya, and he's the 5th youngest player in all of college hockey this year...
Please keep us updated

Old
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

CBJ fan, I come in peace

I have a question about Zach Boychuck. How far away is he until he becomes an NHL regular for the 'Canes?

Old
02-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

My opinion? When the Olympic break ends, Zach Boychuk's days in the AHL are done (okay, maybe he will play for the Rats in the playoffs, but other than that...).

02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Once Whitney is dealt, I think Tlusty and Boychuk are up for good

Closed Thread