HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton's Newly Released S19 Z-Shock Helmet

Old
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Easton's Newly Released S19 Z-Shock Helmet

LINK

Being unveiled tomorrow @ Olympics. Many players are already wearing it. The helmet is the lightest on the market & weighs less than a cup of coffee

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Webernaut

Supposed to fit like a glove too. Looking forward to checking out the aestitics on someone's head. Would like to see Bauer's response to this helmet too.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webernaut View Post
Supposed to fit like a glove too. Looking forward to checking out the aestitics on someone's head. Would like to see Bauer's response to this helmet too.
They sent me one to write about & put on my blog. Unfortunately I was sent a Medium and it's WAY too small for my head.

Old
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
trisgale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
They sent me one to write about & put on my blog. Unfortunately I was sent a Medium and it's WAY too small for my head.
Yeah, i tried one on at my LHS, medium was way too small and I usually wear a medium (rbk though), they are feather light, they didn't have any larges in stock to try on so I hope the large fits me well.

trisgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisgale View Post
Yeah, i tried one on at my LHS, medium was way too small and I usually wear a medium (rbk though), they are feather light, they didn't have any larges in stock to try on so I hope the large fits me well.
Know what they retail for?

Old
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
trisgale

HockeyMonkey (Santa Ana, Cal) I'm pretty sure the tag was 159.99, don't expect to go to Hockey Monkey online store and order them because it won't show in stock,

According to the sales person, the local Easton Rep dropped off about 10-15 at their retail store but all they have left is small and medium. I guess everyone is gonna fit a large. I was there last sunday and they had about 9 s and m. If your looking for one and local to So Cal and have a small head ur in luck.

trisgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Dust.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 07:56 PM
DevsFan84

We got these in last week. I categorize them under "not really impressed" next to the m11

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 09:56 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Easton rep on NHL Home Ice (XM) yesterday said they'd definitely be available everywhere come May. So if you don't see them yet at local stores, expect them to eventually come in in a few months.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Literature from JR's review over at Mod Squad

Not sure if that's against the rules...but it's advance info.

The crush test is really, really impressive. Granted, the 220 pounds of force may or may not be something we'd encounter, but the other helmets get squashed like a bug.

Very curious to see who wins out in terms of technology to prevent concussions...Cascade's M11 with the hex shock absorbers, Bauer's 9500 with dual density foams, or Easton's S19 with the super stiff shell.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

Very curious to see who wins out in terms of technology to prevent concussions...Cascade's M11 with the hex shock absorbers, Bauer's 9500 with dual density foams, or Easton's S19 with the super stiff shell.
Probably the Intake with the people are to busy laughing at you to hit you technology

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I enjoyed my Intake very much. Good helmet. Bought a 5500 to replace it this year, not much difference except it looks a little nicer.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I enjoyed my Intake very much. Good helmet. Bought a 5500 to replace it this year, not much difference except it looks a little nicer.
My Intake is still holding strong, prob get a few more seasons out of it.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:25 PM
canuck44

My helmet broke while at a tournament a few years ago, so I had to grab one there and then. Got some kind of mission, played the rest of the season and when I changed teams the next year I had to get a team helmet so my half season used Mission is just sitting around collecting dust...

And I was watching the olympics earlier today and they were talking about this new helmet. Apparently super stiff construction

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Yeah, Nick Kypreos, Bob McKenzie etc. were talking about it and had one of the helmets with them. Seems pretty interesting. They said there are a bunch of NHLers that have already made the switch to it. I doubt I will though, as it probably wouldn't fit my head right. I'll stick with my RBK 6K until I need a new helmet, in which case I'll probably try out an 8K or go for another 6K.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote