Old
01-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Backlund/Färjestad

The quotes:

"He's a good player, of course we're interested," Loobs says.

"It doesn't feel like Berglund will be here next year and it's possible that Backlund won't be around either," Västerås GM Leif Rohlin says.

"We want to keep Backlund, but sure, it's possible we might sell him before the transfer deadline (January 31st).
If he's unhappy with us or the team, we're gonna let him go. It's an honor for us to produce an SEL player," Rohlin adds.

"Well, I haven't heard anything about Backlund wanting to leave," Västerås Head Coach Johan Tornberg says.

"I don't think Backlund leaving Västerås is plausible right now. The most important thing for him is ice time, and if he stays put, he'll get to play close to home, which is a factor not to underestimate. We'll see about next season, though. Backlund is going to consider his options after the season is over", Backlund's agent says.

"We haven't scouted Backlund especially, but he's a good player, and we're always interested in good players. Calgary is going to go everything they can to make an NHLer out of Backlund and they might want him to play in the SEL. No one knows what's best for Backlund right now, but we're obviously interested in a player with such great potential," Loob adds.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
HackandLube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
The quotes:

"He's a good player, of course we're interested," Loobs says.

"It doesn't feel like Berglund will be here next year and it's possible that Backlund won't be around either," Västerås GM Leif Rohlin says.

"We want to keep Backlund, but sure, it's possible we might sell him before the transfer deadline (January 31st).
If he's unhappy with us or the team, we're gonna let him go. It's an honor for us to produce an SEL player," Rohlin adds.

"Well, I haven't heard anything about Backlund wanting to leave," Västerås Head Coach Johan Tornberg says.

"I don't think Backlund leaving Västerås is plausible right now. The most important thing for him is ice time, and if he stays put, he'll get to play close to home, which is a factor not to underestimate. We'll see about next season, though. Backlund is going to consider his options after the season is over", Backlund's agent says.

"We haven't scouted Backlund especially, but he's a good player, and we're always interested in good players. Calgary is going to go everything they can to make an NHLer out of Backlund and they might want him to play in the SEL. No one knows what's best for Backlund right now, but we're obviously interested in a player with such great potential," Loob adds.
thank-you very much!

HackandLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Spalfredsson

Looking for a translation of this (not even 100% sure if it's swedish, but I think it is )

"En mycket teknisk och spelskicklig spelartyp. Tvåvägscenter, men bättre i offensiven. Mycket bra klubbteknik och fina händer. Dansk landslagsman med stor potential. Behöver förbättra styrkan och snabbheten."

( http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4104 )

Spalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 04:53 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Peter Regin

A very technically gifted player. 2-way center, but better in the offensive. Very good dangler with fine hands. Danish national player with great potential. Needs to improve strenght and speed.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
I don't think Regin needs to get faster at all. He's already a very good skater.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 10:58 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
I don't think Regin needs to get faster at all. He's already a very good skater.
Yeah so do I, just translated what some one else said. (probably before this season)

Old
04-01-2008, 06:01 AM
hifk88

"Flemingsbergskillen Jesper Kokkonen vann sitt första slutspel i Stockholms-
hockeyn tillsammans med Hammarby. Nu tog han sin andra titel och jämförelsen med ex-djurgårdaren Mats Sundin har han hört förr.
– Min tränare brukar säga att vi är lika. Jo, jag har tittat lite extra på honom.
Stora kraftiga skär, stora aviga dragningar och en storlek större än övriga kännetecknar Sundin och Kokkonen."
http://www.mitti.se/Sporten/Sportart...-en-ny-Sudden/

Is Mats Sundin going to see his game? or is the coach comparing him to Sundin? Don't understand swedish that well...

hifk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:44 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifk88 View Post
"Flemingsbergskillen Jesper Kokkonen vann sitt första slutspel i Stockholms-
hockeyn tillsammans med Hammarby. Nu tog han sin andra titel och jämförelsen med ex-djurgårdaren Mats Sundin har han hört förr.
– Min tränare brukar säga att vi är lika. Jo, jag har tittat lite extra på honom.
Stora kraftiga skär, stora aviga dragningar och en storlek större än övriga kännetecknar Sundin och Kokkonen."
http://www.mitti.se/Sporten/Sportart...-en-ny-Sudden/

Is Mats Sundin going to see his game? or is the coach comparing him to Sundin? Don't understand swedish that well...
The coach compares him to Sundin.

Old
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
sk84fun_dc

Could a Swedish poster that has any interest in the Caps or in simply helping out fellow hockey fans give a listen to an Osala interview and a quick translation of anything that might be of interest to Caps fans, in particular the contract talks?

If yes, please see the European prospects thread stickied in the Washington Capitals section and the post by Tomppav with the link to an Osala interview in Swedish.

Thanks in advance.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2008, 07:52 PM
jeanmsm

Can someone translate this please? Thanks in advance

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=672&a=87821

jeanmsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmsm View Post
Can someone translate this please? Thanks in advance

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=672&a=87821

The story is basicly about Tove Kronwall, mother of Niklas and Staffan Kronwall. The article talks about Hasse, the father, dying on Niklas 11th birthday and about how her life changed them. It talks about how she was determined to always be there for her 3 boys who all wanted to be hockeyplayers. She talks about how she had to juggle training scheduals for the three kids.

She mentions Charles Berglund, now coach in Timrå as a big part of Niklas development in Djurgården and how she thinks that he is a big part of his hockey carrier.

Mattias, the oldest of the boys started hockey and Niklas and Staffan just followed. Mattias however chose to quit hockey and is now working for the Stock exchange in Stockholm. He still plays hockey but as an amature in the Swedish div 2. (That is the 4th division in the Swedish system.)

The article also says that it was hockey that "saved" the boys when their father died and that they had something to focus on and that is why Tove fealt so strong about always being there for trainings and awaygames.

I dident translate the whole article since I'm at work and don't have the time. I can however do it if you really want to. This however was not so much a hockey article, more one about a single mom.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:23 AM
40oz

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out, I need to find out how to pronounce Tjårrojåkka.

Thanks

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Son of Krypton

CHORR-oo-YOKK-uh

But... why?

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out, I need to find out how to pronounce Tjårrojåkka.

Thanks
It's actually not a swedish word, but a saami word. Looks like a name of a creek since the second part 'jåkka' means river/creek in saami.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 07:02 AM
BritSabre

Hi people,

This is off topic, but I am aplying via email to jobs in Sweden right now and I would like to begin the email in Swedish. Could you give me the usual translation of

"Dear sir/madam"

Thanks in advance.

also, what do you call a CV in Svensk?

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 08:38 AM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
Hi people,

This is off topic, but I am aplying via email to jobs in Sweden right now and I would like to begin the email in Swedish. Could you give me the usual translation of

"Dear sir/madam"

Thanks in advance.

also, what do you call a CV in Svensk?
We really don't use the same form of a letter as you do. IE we don't really have an equivalent to "Dear Sir/Madam". My suggesting is that you write your application in english.

We use "CV" alot but there is a Swedish word for it, "meritförteckning".

Good luck.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
BritSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
We really don't use the same form of a letter as you do. IE we don't really have an equivalent to "Dear Sir/Madam". My suggesting is that you write your application in english.

We use "CV" alot but there is a Swedish word for it, "meritförteckning".

Good luck.
Alright, thanks a lot for the help!

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:31 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
Alright, thanks a lot for the help!
Though you could end it with "Med vänliga hälsningar" followed by your name, it's like sincerely yours or regards.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
CHORR-oo-YOKK-uh

But... why?
Did a geophysics report on a iron-copper deposit there. Then I found out I may need to do a presentation on it and it would look terrible if I couldnt say the name of my report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
It's actually not a swedish word, but a saami word. Looks like a name of a creek since the second part 'jåkka' means river/creek in saami.
Thanks

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Black Ice

http://allehanda.se/sport/1.1164488

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what this says? The headline mentions MODO so will he be working in the front office? Thanks!

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Ciccarelli

He says he can help the organisation and has no problems with living in Ö-vik. Maybe will become a scout, doesn't want to coach.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Black Ice

Thanks Ciccarelli!

I guess he's moved on from even trying to play. I'll miss him.

Old
07-02-2009, 12:52 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Thanks Ciccarelli!

I guess he's moved on from even trying to play. I'll miss him.
He's actually not precluding anything.

"– Det skulle vara kul om jag kunde fortsätta spela, jag har inget annat för mig. Jag har inget mer att förlora mer än att folk att jag tycker är en idiot, men det är mitt problem och har jag möjlighet att testa så ska jag göra det, säger Foppa med ett brett leende."

Translation:
It would be fun if I could keep playing, I've got nothing better to do. I've got nothing more to lose other than people thinks I'm a jerk for doing it, but it's my problem and if I get an opportunity to play, I will.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Black Ice

Thanks, Joe! I tried putting it in an online translator but those things are horrible.

Old
02-24-2010, 11:39 PM
irishgoaltender22

Help with a translation: English to Swedish

Im looking for someone who can translate from English to Swedish.

Im planning on sending an item into a player whos first language is Swedish to see if he will sign it for me. Since English is a second language and I dont want to write it in simple terms not knowing how well he reads English I figured Id go a step further and send my LOR in his native tongue.

Please shoot me a pm if you can help, thanks.

irishgoaltender22 is offline   Reply With Quote