HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

comrie gone - who is the 2nd line centre?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 02:21 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
comrie gone - who is the 2nd line centre?

ok lets just say that comrie either sits out for a long period of time (im talking like 20 or so games) or that he gets traded. i dont care if you think this wont be the case, i want you to just *imagine* that it will be the case..... so no comments of "comrie is staying" etc etc please

anways...... so who becomes edmontons 2nd line centre? i dont like the idea of playing smyth as 1st line C and york as 2nd line C, because then we have 2 guys who are really wingers playing centre....i think york can handle centre, but i would prefer to see smyth go back to LW..... that makes the 1st line smyth-york-hemsky..... now i personally dont think that horcoff is ready for 2nd line C yet..... so with smyth bumping isbister down to 2nd line LW, the 2nd line looks like this: isbister-?????-dvorak

now does lowe try and get a 2nd line centre in a comrie deal then? because i cant see any of our guys that could be 2nd line C-men

of course all this might not be an issue if both smyth and york can play well at centre, but i just dont see that happening.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:26 PM
PineJockey

Well, if you don't like Smyth and York, I guess you are down to Reasoner, who I think would probably do a pretty decent job if he had decent wingers (which he would have). He is pretty responsible defensively, and is a good passer. Granted he won't score a ton, but he won't hurt you either.

Plus he's gold on faceoffs.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:30 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I have faith in Horcoff. He's ready for a bigger role this year, and could possibly get around 50 points as the 2nd line center.

Old
09-26-2003, 08:56 AM
barto

I think there might be some reluctance to move Smyth back to the wing in case it upsets Isbister's chemistry & confidence. Those two have looked pretty good together - I see the Smyth-at-Center experiment lasting a pretty good number of games. If they could put someone on the other wing who could also take some faceoffs in critical situations (at least until Smyth shows he can win his fair share) that would be nice...

More options for the 2nd line, though - York doesn't have to stay at center there, as Horcoff or Reasoner could be tried out to see if they can center the 2nd line.

Bart

Old
09-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
I'm hoping the top 2 lines are:

Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
York-Horcoff-Dvorak

Closed Thread