HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier could target Brad Boyes, open to trading Sergei?

Old
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Hopefully it's true that he's working on deals. Hopefully it's not for small forwards.
I hope its for more small forwards!!!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
BTW do you have the link to where this comes from?
Sorry I cannot provide a link. It comes from the Insider section of ESPN.com, a paid section which provides usually pretty credible rumors from their reporters of all sports. You either pay a low monthly fee or subscribe to their magazine and also get the insider for more.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
BTW do you have the link to where this comes from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Sorry I cannot provide a link. It comes from the Insider section of ESPN.com, a paid section which provides usually pretty credible rumors from their reporters of all sports. You either pay a low monthly fee or subscribe to their magazine and also get the insider for more.
http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl100223.html

The fourth period must be an "insider" too

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I love the hate for Boyes in here. Like we have many too many 40 goals scorers!!!
He's as much of a 40 goal scorer as Gionta. This is the second time in his career he completely falls off the map after having a good season...and he only has 5 career seasons.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The hell... Horton only has 23 hits in 51 games this year.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The hell... Horton only has 23 hits in 51 games this year.
yup size does not = physical. Horton is as soft as they come.

Old
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Erik Estrada

I hope people don't think Boyes is the panacea. There's risks involved... He's got a nice track record but he's not gritty and he's inconsistent defensively.

You're basically getting a sniper that's not scoring right now. He's probably just in a bad slump. But it's still funny that St-Louis that badly needs a sniper would trade their sniper.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
otto bond

Quote:
He's as much of a 40 goal scorer as Gionta. This is the second time in his career he completely falls off the map after having a good season...and he only has 5 career seasons.
Cheechooowho?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Trading for Boyes makes no sense salary cap wise both now and the future, which is why I can guarentee that this trade doesn't happen.

Also, given that this "hockey analyst" didn't know that Halak was an RFA makes this rumor that much crappier.

/thread
cap wise you are probably right and more I think about it more I think it will be difficult for Gauthier to make any major deals..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
cap wise you are probably right and more I think about it more I think it will be difficult for Gauthier to make any major deals..
It will be, but it's not impossible. We saved some money from Markov being gone for so long. We can probably bring back someone who has 2 million left pro-rated on their contract.

We can always put Metro on waivers to help us breathe a little. Hopefully Laraque ****s-off and we'll be fine. Who knows maybe we'll move Spacek or Mara(which will be easier) which also give us some space.

Moving cheap salaries for larger ones clearly doesn't make sense, but there's always a way to bring someone in.

Anyway our problem is not scoring, we have a solid top 6. We just need to bring some grit to the bottom 6. Hopefully we can get both Armstrong and Crombeen at the deadline.

Old
02-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
yup size does not = physical. Horton is as soft as they come.
He's a decent fighter, so you'd figure he'd throw his body around more.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:01 PM
otto bond

Quote:
It will be, but it's not impossible. We saved some money from Markov being gone for so long. We can probably bring back someone who has 2 million left pro-rated on their contract.

We can always put Metro on waivers to help us breathe a little. Hopefully Laraque ****s-off and we'll be fine. Who knows maybe we'll move Spacek or Mara(which will be easier) which also give us some space.

Moving cheap salaries for larger ones clearly doesn't make sense, but there's always a way to bring someone in.

Anyway our problem is not scoring, we have a solid top 6. We just need to bring some grit to the bottom 6. Hopefully we can get both Armstrong and Crombeen at the deadline.
That does not sound right.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

Not true, money was not saved at all while Markov was gone. You are only allowed to go over the cap while the injured player is on LTIR, once that injured player returns you have to fit his salary back in.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
habsjunkie2*

Money is not saved when players get hurt.

Old
02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Yep, even Gauthier said it himself. After he made the Moore trade, a journalist asked him if he tried anything else and he said that with the very little amount of free space, it was extremely hard for him to make any major deals.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Andy

We have 2.35 million cushion from LTIR.

Old
02-25-2010, 11:37 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
No we don't

Old
02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Andy

Okay, I made mistake, I get it now. What a fail. Hey the more you know!

Old
02-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Erika

Yesss !!

Let's get rid of this bum Sergei Kostitsyn and get a superstar like Brad Boyes in return !!

Pierre Gauthier, you rock !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
According to posters on this forum, Halak can't beat "The big 3" of Pittsburgh, Washington, Jersey.

Yet, he's beaten Russia and the Swedes, two heavily favoured to finish in the Top 3 and likely contend for Gold. If he beats Canada (which I hope he doesnt) they will find some other reason to put him down and still say Price is better.

People just see "Drafted 5th overall" and "Drafted 291st overall" and it's automatically a fore gone conclusion that the player drafted first is better. Classic HF mentality/stupidity.
Listen bucko, enough with this Price/Halak crap. Sticky this comment. Just because we say Price's potential is better than Halak's DOES NOT mean Price is better. Halak is playing better NOW and Price is struggling. In the big picture, every NHL scout will tell you that Price has the higher ceiling and it IS SHOWN IN THE FACT THAT he's a top 5 pick. That means his POTENTIAL is higher than a goalie drafted 291st overall. I repeat, this does not mean that Price is currently better than Halak. Print it out and frame it, take it to the bank, write it on your eyelids. Enough is enough.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:08 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I love the hate for Boyes in here. Like we have many too many 40 goals scorers!!!
A thing that you dont understand...

Brian Gionta: scorer
Andrei Kostityn: scorer
Benoit Pouliot: scorer
Michael Cammalleri: scorer
Boyes: scorer

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:09 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Listen bucko, enough with this Price/Halak crap. Sticky this comment. Just because we say Price's potential is better than Halak's DOES NOT mean Price is better. Halak is playing better NOW and Price is struggling. In the big picture, every NHL scout will tell you that Price has the higher ceiling and it IS SHOWN IN THE FACT THAT he's a top 5 pick. That means his POTENTIAL is higher than a goalie drafted 291st overall. I repeat, this does not mean that Price is currently better than Halak. Print it out and frame it, take it to the bank, write it on your eyelids. Enough is enough.
This post is pure Gold. should be stickyd

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Kingsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
It's Boyes, not Boyle.

And do you honestly think LA would even consider trading Doughty? Not a chance in hell...
Thank You

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:24 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
True. He is not among the most consistent pointgetters in the league.

His five seasons, extrapolated to 82 games each, show:

Looks a lot like Plekanec, except for the obvious difference THIS year. On the other hand, a year ago, we would have switched these two guys without blinking an eye.

That being said, I don't think that Sergei is a good fit for a one-for-one trade. St. Louis probably wouldn't find the return high enough, and the Habs would need to shed salary.

Nathan Horton looks like a better player on paper and was a much higher draft pick within the first round of their respective draft years, but what I am wondering is this: WHY would Florida have this guy on the block?? He's young, good sized, not TOO expensive and fairly productive. Are there any big negatives on him?

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Once the guys come back you have to be under the cap. You only have cushion while they are hurt.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote