HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quarterfinals | CANADA vs RUSSIA - 4:30PM PST (CNBC-HD, CTV/Online)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
  #276
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,742
vCash: 500
I am honestly not concerned. Russia was terrible, the first few goals were horrific defensive break downs that he had no shot at. After that I think he started trying to adjust his game in order to cover for their terrible play, this just made things worse.

By the time Bryz was in net, they were playing better team defense, that's the only difference.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
  #277
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I am honestly not concerned. Russia was terrible, the first few goals were horrific defensive break downs that he had no shot at. After that I think he started trying to adjust his game in order to cover for their terrible play, this just made things worse.

By the time Bryz was in net, they were playing better team defense, that's the only difference.
Russia really hadn't played well in the whole tournament. Very little defense, the offense was turning over pucks constantly. Kovy was non-existent, OV was barely existent. I was very disappointed in their performance.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
  #278
19sharks19
Registered User
 
19sharks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: T.O. to S.J. & back
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I am honestly not concerned. Russia was terrible, the first few goals were horrific defensive break downs that he had no shot at. After that I think he started trying to adjust his game in order to cover for their terrible play, this just made things worse.

By the time Bryz was in net, they were playing better team defense, that's the only difference.
I heard a report on the radio this morning on some response via Naby. (not exact / 100% word for word on this but pretty close); he said that he and the Russians were shocked at how hard the Canadians came out at them, they were like a bunch of mad bears and before they could get into any game form, they were down 3-0.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
  #279
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
I heard a report on the radio this morning on some response via Naby. (not exact / 100% word for word on this but pretty close); he said that he and the Russians were shocked at how hard the Canadians came out at them, they were like a bunch of mad bears and before they could get into any game form, they were down 3-0.
that sounds about right, canada came out hitting, came out flying, winning battles. they came out even stronger in this game then they did against the americans (which in my opinion was canada's best game up till now.......minus brodeur).

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
  #280
19sharks19
Registered User
 
19sharks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: T.O. to S.J. & back
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
that sounds about right, canada came out hitting, came out flying, winning battles. they came out even stronger in this game then they did against the americans (which in my opinion was canada's best game up till now.......minus brodeur).
Personally, i've never seen a game from the Canadians over a team like the Russians in such a dominant matter. If at all interested, Leafs lunch on http://www.640toronto.com/ is talking of how in the world our Sharks have got to feel today in the sense that, if we meet a team that will hit us like Naby got hit last night, we have nothing but to be really really concerned and worried.

I living in Canada and being a Sharks fan, was hoping that, yes the Canadians would win but, I was hoping for Naby to at least have a solid game in total otherwise we'd be hearing loads of this that we are now hearing on Naby.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
  #281
KzooShark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Personally, i've never seen a game from the Canadians over a team like the Russians in such a dominant matter. If at all interested, Leafs lunch on http://www.640toronto.com/ is talking of how in the world our Sharks have got to feel today in the sense that, if we meet a team that will hit us like Naby got hit last night, we have nothing but to be really really concerned and worried.

I living in Canada and being a Sharks fan, was hoping that, yes the Canadians would win but, I was hoping for Naby to at least have a solid game in total otherwise we'd be hearing loads of this that we are now hearing on Naby.
Well, yes. If the Sharks run into team Canada, I'm reasonably sure they're screwed.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
  #282
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Personally, i've never seen a game from the Canadians over a team like the Russians in such a dominant matter. If at all interested, Leafs lunch on http://www.640toronto.com/ is talking of how in the world our Sharks have got to feel today in the sense that, if we meet a team that will hit us like Naby got hit last night, we have nothing but to be really really concerned and worried.

I living in Canada and being a Sharks fan, was hoping that, yes the Canadians would win but, I was hoping for Naby to at least have a solid game in total otherwise we'd be hearing loads of this that we are now hearing on Naby.
The Sharks that matter most were on the victorious Canadian team. If anything it should show them that playing like that can get to any goalie in the world and thats how they have to play come playoffs.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
  #283
Winky
Registered User
 
Winky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
The Sharks that matter most were on the victorious Canadian team. If anything it should show them that playing like that can get to any goalie in the world and thats how they have to play come playoffs.
Or you could look at it the other way, and consider how many/all of the Olympic games so far have gone. One thing has been clear throughout the entire tournament ... the importance of how your goaltender is playing.

If your goaltender is on, you'll be a difficult team to beat. If he isn't, your entire team is going to struggle, regardless of how much firepower you have up front.

There are two sides to every coin.

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
  #284
19sharks19
Registered User
 
19sharks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: T.O. to S.J. & back
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
The Sharks that matter most were on the victorious Canadian team. If anything it should show them that playing like that can get to any goalie in the world and thats how they have to play come playoffs.
I know, ain't that so true. I think it's just the same old excuse to be-little and backtalk our Sharks. I mean, look at first period when we had our guys on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals!!!!! Again, the best line I heard from Pierre McGuire and Chris Cuthbert was "we are witnessing a Shark attack tonight".

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
  #285
Mr Irrelevant
Registered User
 
Mr Irrelevant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
No reason to worry about Nabby. What we know is that playing for our team in the NHL, he's having one of his best seasons if not his very best. A bad game against an all-star team with absolutely no defence on his side does not mean anything, other than it's the only game most of the eastern media will watch him in.

Mr Irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
  #286
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,770
vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooShark View Post
Well, yes. If the Sharks run into team Canada, I'm reasonably sure they're screwed.
They will... in the locker room every game.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
  #287
KzooShark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
They will... in the locker room every game.
"Hey Nabby, remember when I....."

"Shut the *&%^ up, Boyle"


KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
  #288
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
They will... in the locker room every game.
Here's hoping that only one Shark will be able to talk crap when it's all said and done.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
  #289
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Here's hoping that only one Shark will be able to talk crap when it's all said and done.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.