HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quarterfinals | CANADA vs RUSSIA - 4:30PM PST (CNBC-HD, CTV/Online)

Old
02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
I am honestly not concerned. Russia was terrible, the first few goals were horrific defensive break downs that he had no shot at. After that I think he started trying to adjust his game in order to cover for their terrible play, this just made things worse.

By the time Bryz was in net, they were playing better team defense, that's the only difference.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I am honestly not concerned. Russia was terrible, the first few goals were horrific defensive break downs that he had no shot at. After that I think he started trying to adjust his game in order to cover for their terrible play, this just made things worse.

By the time Bryz was in net, they were playing better team defense, that's the only difference.
Russia really hadn't played well in the whole tournament. Very little defense, the offense was turning over pucks constantly. Kovy was non-existent, OV was barely existent. I was very disappointed in their performance.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

I heard a report on the radio this morning on some response via Naby. (not exact / 100% word for word on this but pretty close); he said that he and the Russians were shocked at how hard the Canadians came out at them, they were like a bunch of mad bears and before they could get into any game form, they were down 3-0.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
I heard a report on the radio this morning on some response via Naby. (not exact / 100% word for word on this but pretty close); he said that he and the Russians were shocked at how hard the Canadians came out at them, they were like a bunch of mad bears and before they could get into any game form, they were down 3-0.
that sounds about right, canada came out hitting, came out flying, winning battles. they came out even stronger in this game then they did against the americans (which in my opinion was canada's best game up till now.......minus brodeur).

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
that sounds about right, canada came out hitting, came out flying, winning battles. they came out even stronger in this game then they did against the americans (which in my opinion was canada's best game up till now.......minus brodeur).
Personally, i've never seen a game from the Canadians over a team like the Russians in such a dominant matter. If at all interested, Leafs lunch on http://www.640toronto.com/ is talking of how in the world our Sharks have got to feel today in the sense that, if we meet a team that will hit us like Naby got hit last night, we have nothing but to be really really concerned and worried.

I living in Canada and being a Sharks fan, was hoping that, yes the Canadians would win but, I was hoping for Naby to at least have a solid game in total otherwise we'd be hearing loads of this that we are now hearing on Naby.

Old
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
KzooShark

Quote:
Personally, i've never seen a game from the Canadians over a team like the Russians in such a dominant matter. If at all interested, Leafs lunch on http://www.640toronto.com/ is talking of how in the world our Sharks have got to feel today in the sense that, if we meet a team that will hit us like Naby got hit last night, we have nothing but to be really really concerned and worried.

I living in Canada and being a Sharks fan, was hoping that, yes the Canadians would win but, I was hoping for Naby to at least have a solid game in total otherwise we'd be hearing loads of this that we are now hearing on Naby.
Well, yes. If the Sharks run into team Canada, I'm reasonably sure they're screwed.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
one2gamble

Quote:

The Sharks that matter most were on the victorious Canadian team. If anything it should show them that playing like that can get to any goalie in the world and thats how they have to play come playoffs.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
The Sharks that matter most were on the victorious Canadian team. If anything it should show them that playing like that can get to any goalie in the world and thats how they have to play come playoffs.
Or you could look at it the other way, and consider how many/all of the Olympic games so far have gone. One thing has been clear throughout the entire tournament ... the importance of how your goaltender is playing.

If your goaltender is on, you'll be a difficult team to beat. If he isn't, your entire team is going to struggle, regardless of how much firepower you have up front.

There are two sides to every coin.

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
I know, ain't that so true. I think it's just the same old excuse to be-little and backtalk our Sharks. I mean, look at first period when we had our guys on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals!!!!! Again, the best line I heard from Pierre McGuire and Chris Cuthbert was "we are witnessing a Shark attack tonight".

Old
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Mr Irrelevant

No reason to worry about Nabby. What we know is that playing for our team in the NHL, he's having one of his best seasons if not his very best. A bad game against an all-star team with absolutely no defence on his side does not mean anything, other than it's the only game most of the eastern media will watch him in.

Mr Irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KzooShark View Post
Well, yes. If the Sharks run into team Canada, I'm reasonably sure they're screwed.
They will... in the locker room every game.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
"Hey Nabby, remember when I....."

"Shut the *&%^ up, Boyle"

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
23 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
Here's hoping that only one Shark will be able to talk crap when it's all said and done.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Here's hoping that only one Shark will be able to talk crap when it's all said and done.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote