HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier could target Brad Boyes, open to trading Sergei?

Old
02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
No place on the top 6. It's the D we need to improve. We need an overhaul.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
No place on the top 6. It's the D we need to improve. We need an overhaul.
every night, I pray to baby Jesus that someone calls for Spacek

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Am I the only one who noticed that it simply says Gauthier COULD target Boyes? Nowhere does it say he wants him.

It's pure speculation by the author of the article. The thread title needs to be changed...

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that it simply says Gauthier COULD target Boyes? Nowhere does it say he wants him.

It's pure speculation by the author of the article. The thread title needs to be changed...
It's been changed to "Gauthier could target Brad Boyes".

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Could target boyes ? We need to get this man arrested.

He'll probably do nothing, as didn't he say earlier he was content with how the team is ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Could target boyes ? We need to get this man arrested.

He'll probably do nothing, as didn't he say earlier he was content with how the team is ?
I don't remember him saying that. I do remember Gauthier saying he wasn't looking to move Halak or Price though.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Jigger77

Am I the only one who thinks Brad Boyes in Montreal would be awesome? The guy is a pure sniper.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I don't remember him saying that. I do remember Gauthier saying he wasn't looking to move Halak or Price though.
I didn't listen to his press conference just before the roster freeze, but a brief summary from it was saying he was fine. I remember making fun of him, because Domenic Moore is really a big piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Brad Boyes in Montreal would be awesome? The guy is a pure sniper.
So is Cammalleri, Andrei Kostitsyn, Gionta too and seems to be Pouliot. Brad Boyes is different from what we already have how ?

Montréal doesn't need Boyes, they need a Dustin Byfuglien, or Ryane Clowe type player. David Backes should be more focus from St. Louis than Brad Boyes.

Yes, Boyes is a little physical, but not overly. We need a guy who goes to the net and when he isn't scoring, he's creating energy with hits.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
every night, I pray to baby Jesus that someone calls for Spacek
Every night I pray that the Habs send him on waivers. I don't get why it hasn't happened yet.

Old
02-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
So was Michael Ryder and look how that bum turned out with us his final year here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Every night I pray that the Habs send him on waivers. I don't get why it hasn't happened yet.
Gotta be a team out there who would give us a 5th or 6th rounder out there,work the phones Gauthier and get something done!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So was Michael Ryder and look how that bum turned out with us his final year here

Gotta be a team out there who would give us a 5th or 6th rounder out there,work the phones Gauthier and get something done!!
I will, I will.

On the other hand, I think i'd rather drag him behind the arena of the Bell Centre and end our sufferings.

Old
02-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I didn't listen to his press conference just before the roster freeze, but a brief summary from it was saying he was fine. I remember making fun of him, because Domenic Moore is really a big piece.

So is Cammalleri, Andrei Kostitsyn, Gionta too and seems to be Pouliot. Brad Boyes is different from what we already have how ?

Montréal doesn't need Boyes, they need a Dustin Byfuglien, or Ryane Clowe type player. David Backes should be more focus from St. Louis than Brad Boyes.

Yes, Boyes is a little physical, but not overly. We need a guy who goes to the net and when he isn't scoring, he's creating energy with hits.

I do agree that we lack size and grit up front but I also think Brad Boyes brings something else. A right handed sniper shot on the top 6. Outside of Gionta that is non-existant in Montreal. I also think he would be an upgrade over Sergei for now anyway. I would be careful trading Sergei though I really am a big fan of his.

As far as the Ryder comparison I don't see why if Ryder turned into a bum as you put it you would assume Boyes would do the same. Not sure I'm following the logic there.

Anyway, I'm not super keen on Boyes but I do think he'd add some really interesting scoring depth and that right hand shot. I don't have Youtube here but there are a few vids of his that clearly show he is a natural goal scorer à la Mike Cammalleri.

I think some people might be underestimating Boyes a bit.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
eddy

Boyes has been scoring significantly fewer goals every year since he potted 43, I'd stay away from him especially if were giving up Sergei who has so much potential. Horton would be interesting, though.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn

these are pretty much our top 6. I dont see where we could fit Boyes. Of course he will help our scoring but hes gonna play on the 3rd line at 4M$, its gonna be a waste of talent and money.

David Backes on the other hand is exactly what this teams needs but i really dont see why the Blues would trade him.

Mueller could be interesting aswell.
and Mueller's value is low right now

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn
S.Kostitsyn - Moore - Mueller
Darche - Lapierre - Moen

looks pretty good

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 01:45 PM
BigTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You wouldn't want David Backes???? Have you watched the St Louis Blues play in recent years?
hell yes i would but i think Oshie and Backs are staying in St Louis

BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Ginu

Can't wait to hear the Lil Wayne rap about Mueller and Bueller in the next remix of Forever if the Habs are able to acquire him.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote