Is he making the team???
What line??
What potential does he have???
Is Huml better???

THX LP66

Now this is just my opinion:
Will he make the team: I think he will
What line: Probably the 2nd or 3rd
Potential: IMO it is limited: a lot of people will disagree but I just don't expect too much from him
Huml is better IMO

Old
09-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Hilbert is a bit of an enigma to me.

He lights it up and plays with some grit for Providence.
From what I've seen he just can't seem to get into the next gear for success at the NHL level.
I too think he'll probably be in Boston on opening night. But as maybe a last or close to last chance of sticking.
I don't know if it's the old "has the tools but not the toolbox".
I simply don't know.....

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
09-25-2003, 03:04 PM
brianscot

Hilbert seems to be stuck in that tweener stage.

On one hand, when playing at the NHL, he hasnt consistently received mongo ice time. And yet, when receiving it, he hasnt done much to warrant more.

He seems much more tentative at the NHL level than he did at Michigan or in Providence. This is understandable, but man, he needs to fight through it in order to reach whatever NHL potential he possesses.

In both those stops, he played with a considerable chip on his shoulder.

With the ink Bergeron is getting and Zino finally in town, Hilbert might be the prime trade bait amongst the forwards.

Old
09-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Black7And7Gold

I saw Hilbert last night at the Joe. Wasn't impressed. If he's the best forward the Bruins have coming in the system, that doesn't say much.

I see the numbers he put up with the P-Bruins, but the games he played in last year with the Big Club didn't impress me.

Who did impress me last night was Donato. He played with McCarthy on the fourth line, but he really gave 'er with the little ice time he got.

If I were MoC and Sully, I'd keep Hil-billy with the Big Club. Maybe continue Rolston as the 3rd center, but on the PP and PK as well. Use Hil-billy as the 2nd center with Sammy and Donato/Zammie/Humms.

There is nothing down in Providence for Hil-billy. MoC needs to give him the legitimate shot he deserves. Meaning top 9 forward getting 15-20minutes of ice time per game.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:51 AM
lostboy_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithar
I saw Hilbert last night at the Joe. Wasn't impressed. If he's the best forward the Bruins have coming in the system, that doesn't say much.

I see the numbers he put up with the P-Bruins, but the games he played in last year with the Big Club didn't impress me.

Who did impress me last night was Donato. He played with McCarthy on the fourth line, but he really gave 'er with the little ice time he got.

If I were MoC and Sully, I'd keep Hil-billy with the Big Club. Maybe continue Rolston as the 3rd center, but on the PP and PK as well. Use Hil-billy as the 2nd center with Sammy and Donato/Zammie/Humms.

There is nothing down in Providence for Hil-billy. MoC needs to give him the legitimate shot he deserves. Meaning top 9 forward getting 15-20minutes of ice time per game.
I think folks need to be sure to remember that hilbert is injured right now and trying to play through it. doing his best to make the team. his play is obviously going to be affected by his pulled groin.

I think a lot of folks here think he has an attitude problem too....i think trying to play through the groin pull should put some of this at ease. If he was a true idiot he would sit on his ass and then expect to make the big club......

Closed Thread