HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Canadian Arrogance... (Thread by a Canadian)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2010, 05:27 PM
djpatm

vCash: 500
Canadian Arrogance... (Thread by a Canadian)

Was anyone else pissed off listening to Ferraro and whoever was doing play-by-play talk about Canada being in the gold medal game like it was a sure thing?

Im canadaian but this arrogance is going to cost us. Huge. Karma is a scary thing.

The Slovaks beat the Swedes who were arguably a favorite to be in the Gold medal game yet were treating them like we treated the Swiss, worse actually, because when we played the Swiss some people were unsure due to what happend in '06.

How can you feel comfortable overlooking an oppenent, ANY oppenent in a Semi-Final game in a best-on-best tournement. This country needs a wake up call.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Cleets

Don't we have enough of these threads/posts already?

....this isn't going to go anywhere but bad places.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1006
wasn't this closed twice already?

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I think a lot of talk is bravado because Canadians are getting increasingly nervous the closer we get to the Finals.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Declassified

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpatm View Post
Was anyone else pissed off listening to Ferraro and whoever was doing play-by-play talk about Canada being in the gold medal game like it was a sure thing?

Im canadaian but this arrogance is going to cost us. Huge. Karma is a scary thing.

The Slovaks beat the Swedes who were arguably a favorite to be in the Gold medal game yet were treating them like we treated the Swiss, worse actually, because when we played the Swiss some people were unsure due to what happend in '06.

How can you feel comfortable overlooking an oppenent, ANY oppenent in a Semi-Final game in a best-on-best tournement. This country needs a wake up call.
I haven't heard any member of team Canada overlooking anyone. As far I know the media are not team Canada. So no, I'm not concerned.

Look, it's really simple, if Canada loses, tomorrow is still Saturday. If team Canada wins, yeah you guessed it, tomorrow is still Saturday.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

If you watched the Swedes play all tournament, they really didn't look that good at all. Afterall, they just barely edged out Germany and Belarus.

Slovakia, OTOH, cannot be taken lightly; however, it isn't as if they are this great cinderella team either. They were almost knocked out in qualification by team Norway.

02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
ib9ub6

This thread is just asking to turn into another brawl

Old
02-26-2010, 05:32 PM
djpatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
I haven't heard any member of team Canada overlooking anyone. As far I know the media are not team Canada. So no, I'm not concerned.

Look, it's really simple, if Canada loses, tomorrow is still Saturday. If team Canada wins, yeah you guessed it, tomorrow is still Saturday.
If Canada loses tomorrow, they don't get a chance to win on home ice for at least another 20 years...

I know theres more important things to worry about, but I quite like my hockey teams to do good.

This thread was made to simply discuss members of the media buying into this mentallity as well as people on here

Old
02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
joe89

The only way Canada loses this is if they feel overconfident after the easy game against Russia.

Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

i like this thread

Old
Wheatking

Ray Ferraro is the "every man" in Canada? Uh oh...

Old
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
daver

Quote:

Agreed, to watch the early start to the Gold Medal game on Sunday.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
NewFang

Quote:
I don't think they said anything out of line. They talked about what everyone is thinking anyways. If Canada loses it will be an upset, but no one is saying it's not possible.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Hrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Slovakia, OTOH, cannot be taken lightly; however, it isn't as if they are this great cinderella team either. They were almost knocked out in qualification by team Norway.
We weren't even close to being knocked out! Compared to the Czechs...

Old
djpatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFang View Post
I don't think they said anything out of line. They talked about what everyone is thinking anyways. If Canada loses it will be an upset, but no one is saying it's not possible.
If i remember correctly they were already talking about match ups and stuff like it was a sure thing. Thats not in-line.

Old
Incognito

If Canada plays up to their full potential, then there is no team that can stop us, no matter how well they play. That's not arrogance, it's the truth.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:37 PM
clefty
What?

Its Ray Ferraro. He's an idiot.

He was also talking about how it was the "last game" certain players like Lehtinen, Selanne and Koivu would be playing for Finland.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

sooo, you're not a fan of the "US won't win gold" thread i'm taking it?

Old
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

In some countries they call it Patriotism but for some reason when Canadians do it it's arrogance...

/boggle

It is nothing more than smack talk. Every Country, City and Citizen is guilty of it. Nothing to see here.

Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
This isn't necessary

Closed Thread