HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

SEMI-FINALS - CANADA vs SLOVAKIA - 6:30 PM PST

Old
02-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
SEMI-FINALS - CANADA vs SLOVAKIA - 6:30 PM PST

SEMIFINALS - GAME 28

FRIDAY FEB. 25th, 2010 - 6:30 PM PST

CANADA

vs

SLOVAKIA

Coverage

I have no friggin' clue ... check the NBC channels

ROSTERS

CANADA

SLOVAKIA

Roberto Luongo

vs

Jaroslav Halak

Canada - This is Out House!

Last edited by Nighthock: 02-26-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
I'm really really hoping for a Canada/USA rematch! Win or loss would be a great game!

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 03:44 AM
SharksAddict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
I'm really really hoping for a Canada/USA rematch! Win or loss would be a great game!

I think everyone outside of Finland/Slovakia is hoping for that. Canada would probably win but would still love to see it.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:27 AM
RammsteinGT
Prairie Shark

vCash: 50
Big thanks to everyone making and contributing to these GDT's during the olympics! I don't dare venture into the main board's threads so this here is very appreciated.

GO Canada!

And because I'm superstitious, I'll keep it going in this thread...today, Halak must take a page from the book of Jim Morrison.

Quote:
"Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes."

RammsteinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

However, go SharkNucks!

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
RammsteinGT;24132579]Big thanks to everyone making and contributing to these GDT's during the olympics! I don't dare venture into the main board's threads so this here is very appreciated.[/B]

GO Canada!

And because I'm superstitious, I'll keep it going in this thread...today, Halak must take a page from the book of Jim Morrison.
Seconded, I've tried following the main board GDTs and it makes my head hurt (or it makes me hate everyone). It's nice to have a place to discuss the games with calm people, all of whom want to see the Sharks do well.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i didnt see easy mention anything about this so ill post the officials. i havent seen enough of these guys calling the games to give a breakdown so if easy wants to add anything ill leave it up to him.

Denis LaRue (USA)
Jyri Ronn (FINLAND)

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadadaiholla View Post
i didnt see easy mention anything about this so ill post the officials. i havent seen enough of these guys calling the games to give a breakdown so if easy wants to add anything ill leave it up to him.

Denis LaRue (USA)
Jyri Ronn (FINLAND)
LaRue is the only one I noticed (I really dislike the no numbers thing) and followed. It has to be blatant and in the first two periods. Basically DCS.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
LaRue is the only one I noticed (I really dislike the no numbers thing) and followed. It has to be blatant and in the first two periods. Basically DCS.
im with you three thousand percent on the no numbers issue.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
I'm generally in this camp too, but all of the Canadian arrogance has made it so I wouldn't mind a bit if they got spanked by Slovakia.

Again, can I ask you to stop this "Canadian arrogance" crap? Every nation has its arrogant sections. You don't think there are some annoying arrogant idiots out rubbing today's US game in the faces of people? Stop painting my country as if there's something wrong with it because some yahoos are taking things too seriously.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Again, can I ask you to stop this "Canadian arrogance" crap? Every nation has its arrogant sections. You don't think there are some annoying arrogant idiots out rubbing today's US game in the faces of people? Stop painting my country as if there's something wrong with it because some yahoos are taking things too seriously.
how about the annoying americans who said the tournament was for the us taking after they beat canada in a game that ultimately was unimportant.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Thresher

Frankly, I'm embarrassed by the behavior of both sides.

Basically it's a cacophony of: "You're so arrogant. We're obviously the best." - In all it's contradictions and aberrations.

If the gold medal game proves to be a rematch of Canada/USA, I think I'm going to stay far far away from HF.

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

Quote:
Sorry Nem... I'll stop. I can't wait for Sunday so this border war can end and I can get back to liking Canada again (actually, it's really only a certain 4 or 5 people on the main board that have me so fired up right now). I'm seriously glad that the Olympics are only two weeks!

Old
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post

Basically it's a cacophony of: "You're so arrogant. We're obviously the best." - In all it's contradictions and aberrations.

If the gold medal game proves to be a rematch of Canada/USA, I think I'm going to stay far far away from HF.
Yeah, the Olympics isn't meant for this sort of thing, its about international comrodery, to enjoy sharing and competing in a sprot that is mutually enjoyed. Yeah there is a certain national pride, but players shake their opponents hands at the end of each game for a reason. That reason being the core of sports period. What good is a championship if everyone around you thinks your an *** ****?

Edit: and on a second note, I don't think there is anything wrong in praising ones own team. Thats perfectly fine, understandable, etc. Thats to be expected, and thats a good healthy thing. Though I think thats all a fan should say about teams, keep their comments to just their own team and nothing more, unless its meant as a complement to the opponent. Its odd as hell to say this, but I've come to respect Curling because its level of sportsmanship is above anything else I've seen.

Last edited by Spacemania: 02-26-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

one of my peers texted me: "good win, enjoy your silver medal America"

My response: "yeah, it will be a real shame when Slovakia beats us in the finals"

I don't care if we do it, or if Slovakia does it, but I want Canada to lose. Being an American in Canada has exposed me to so many anti-American comments (even from professors which ticks me off even more). At first I took it as some good natured bashing, but it just gets so damn annoying after almost 7 months living here.

I love Canada, and most Canadians who I am friends with are wonderful people, but it's the jerks who have me cheering against Canada.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:52 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:

Amen, I can't wait to go back to just hating international collections of players based on what city they play in

Seriously though, it's why I stick to this board, most of the people here are relatively level headed. I also kinda want to Slovaks to win gold, because I think it would be HI-larious after all the trumping up of Canada and the US.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Spacemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Amen, I can't wait to go back to just hating international collections of players based on what city they play in

Seriously though, it's why I stick to this board, most of the people here are relatively level headed. I also kinda want to Slovaks to win gold, because I think it would be HI-larious after all the trumping up of Canada and the US.
well that and we all know everyone here hates Pronger, so any anit-canadain statment from this side of HF can be assumed to be anti-pronger sentiments.

on that note, I find no problem in bashing an individual who's had a poor and well-documented reputation. Everyone here that knows me knows that I hate any player with a passion that has intentionally taken a player out of a game with a headshot, and that I consider the act unforgiveable.

Old
02-26-2010, 05:58 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Quote:

I wonder what HF was like in 1980?

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

I've been called a fat McDonald's-face-stuffing lazy non-healthcare-having war-mongering stupid POS American that likes a choking loser team and that I know nothing about hockey because I have the word "Fan" in my screen name a few too many times this past week or so. Oh, and for some reason, some Canadians seem to think that calling us "Yanks" is an insult. <end of rant for the rest of the Olympics!>

Old
02-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Spacemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
.- -. -.. / - .... . / .- -- . .-. .. -.-. .- -. ... / .... .- ...- . / -... . .- - . -. / - .... . / .-. ..- ... ... .. .- -. ... .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . / --- -. / .. -.-. . .-.-.-

Kudos to the first to figure this joke out

Old
02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

Luongo has the coolest mask on the ice. I love the lumberjack.

Old
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
.- -. -.. / - .... . / .- -- . .-. .. -.-. .- -. ... / .... .- ...- . / -... . .- - . -. / - .... . / .-. ..- ... ... .. .- -. ... .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . .-.-.- / .. - ... / .- / -- .. .-. .- -.-. .-.. . / --- -. / .. -.-. . .-.-.-

Kudos to the first to figure this joke out
Yes, it's a MIRACLE!!!

Old
02-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Spacemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Yes, it's a MIRACLE!!!
dammit, I was expecing it to take longer than this

Old
02-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Ugh, you're so arrogant.

The Olympic board is pathetic. US fans turned into a bunch of Sean Avery's with this new found confidence, while Canadians are like Getzlaf's: chirping even when blowing out another team (see Malkin elbow)

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote