HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Martin Frk (2012, 49th overall, Detroit)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
  #51
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post

If the Czech programs are supposedly worse now, is it maybe because alot of young players come over to play in North America?
Simply said no.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 03:57 PM
  #52
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Simply said no.
Why then?

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
  #53
Mailbox Head
Registered Schmoozer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
I'd like to buy a vowel.

Mailbox Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:17 PM
  #54
Rexor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Simply said no.
Wow, you must be an agent.
Of course it's one of the main reasons.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
  #55
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Wow, you must be an agent.
Of course it's one of the main reasons.
Well then why are more young Czech players going to NA?

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
  #56
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Wow, you must be an agent.
Of course it's one of the main reasons.
Im not agent.
We need to improve Czech programm, improve environment in Czech hockey to stop young players leaving for better programm in North America. Its easy.
But I would need two hours to explain it.
Martin Erat has said it clear this week in newspaper. Young Czechs should leave Czech programm as quickly as possible. I would add that they should leave when they ready physically and mentally though.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 09:09 PM
  #57
Jonas1235
Registered User
 
Jonas1235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,467
vCash: 500
Who cares if the player leaves the Czech Republic. Moving a young guy with talent to North America helps his development immensely.

People in the Czech Republic might not like it, but it's the best for the player's development. Which in turn helps the Czechs down the road in international tournaments.

Jonas1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
  #58
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Wow, you must be an agent.
Of course it's one of the main reasons.
Young Czechs were leaving even 10 or 15 years ago. But they were much better than players now.
Of course Czech junior Extraleague would be a bit better with those 20 or 30 players who are in CHL but the program would as bad as its now.
I agree that in some cases players are leaving too early when they are not ready which hurt them in development the end.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
  #59
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas1235 View Post
Who cares if the player leaves the Czech Republic. Moving a young guy with talent to North America helps his development immensely.

People in the Czech Republic might not like it, but it's the best for the player's development. Which in turn helps the Czechs down the road in international tournaments.
I don't know about that, because aren't the Czech juniors not doing as well at the WJC because alot of players are in NA.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
  #60
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Panik is Slovak, or is it because he played in the Czech. Rep.?
Panik is Slovak but played in Czech juniors.

According to hokej.cz(official page for all Czech hockey) Frk has 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points in 5 games in the recent U18 6 nations tournament. I have no idea which is accurate as the pointscore site had him as 5games-3goals-2assists, and I have no idea why the two would differ, but I will assume that hokej.cz hopefully has the accurate numbers.


Last edited by 0123456789*: 02-26-2010 at 09:15 PM.
0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
  #61
St.Louis sports fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Didnt Robert Dome show up and dominate a tournament in Canada with a full beard at like 14? Hm... wonder how he turned out. I hope this guy turns out better.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
  #62
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
Didnt Robert Dome show up and dominate a tournament in Canada with a full beard at like 14? Hm... wonder how he turned out. I hope this guy turns out better.
Robert Dome I beleive played for Slovakia and in Slovak juniors, plus this was 15 years ago now.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:15 PM
  #63
xIsle
Registered User
 
xIsle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
How do we pronounce his name? "Ferk"? or "Frik"???

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:19 PM
  #64
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
How do we pronounce his name? "Ferk"? or "Frik"???
F-rrr-k

edit: apparently im not very good at explaining pronunciation, i tried again a few posts below.


Last edited by 0123456789*: 02-27-2010 at 12:48 AM.
0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
  #65
xIsle
Registered User
 
xIsle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
F-rrr-k
Thanks... so it's "F - arrre - kay" ???

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:25 PM
  #66
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
I don't know about that, because aren't the Czech juniors not doing as well at the WJC because alot of players are in NA.
I think he is speaking of individual development. The Czech Republic still develop good players like Frolik and Voracek and I'm sure this years team will have future NHLers too Kubalik and Nestrasil look good. But for team success these players are spread across three different leagues in terms of style and adjusting to coaches and NA style. It's hard to gather a team with no real phylosophy and set style of play and group them together for a few weeks. Its easier I believe for Russia and Sweden because the style of play and the coaching is similar across the country. Also elite juniors tend to still make an impact at the next level its those who jump from Czech u-18's to CHL that find it difficult to develop properly and usually find themselves as 3rd and 4th liners for their team, which isn't ideal at such a young age and critical stage of their development.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:45 AM
  #67
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
Thanks... so it's "F - arrre - kay" ???
nope...sorry. Its F as in food. R as in Raspberry, k as in king. Pronounce each letter as you would saying each word, one after another, and thers your name. In Czech the way you write the name is the way you pronounce it, the pronunciation of letters doesnt change. Mind you you would need to know the Czech alphabet and pronunciation of each letter.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:08 AM
  #68
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
Robert Dome I beleive played for Slovakia and in Slovak juniors, plus this was 15 years ago now.
Actually he played in the old IHL as an 15 or 16 year old already. But
yeah he is a person that seems to lack a pretty huge part of his brain, so Im not surprised he never succeeded. More about that here.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 05:25 AM
  #69
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Played his first game with the Extraleague team last thursday. It was a friendly against the Nuremburg tigers during the Olympic break. Not sure how he preformed but I would think this was more to just get his feet wet. Score 3-1 Nuremburk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-5yAj5ZIVE
Link to a interview with him after the game, he is the first player. He basicly said it was a good experience, the skating was faster and the play was faster. He also said Nuremburk isnt a very good team or in the Czech league and he is disappointed with the loss. (quick translation)

On the weekend he also had a hatrick and a assist for the junior team, this puts him now at 38games-28goals-27assists-55points-+9-182PIM....1.45PPG
That ties him for 4th in points and 4th in goals in the league and he is nearly double the next player on his team (Miroslav Hudak 49games - 17goals - 13assists - 30points). He also now leads the entire league in PIM with 182, the next player has 156.

at the same age/season.(Frk is a late birthday)
Panik 0.93PPG in 27 games. PIM per game 1.1 (4months younger) 52nd pick
Frolik 0.83PPG in 53 games. PIM per game 0.45 (4months younger) 10th pick
Voracek 0.75PPG in 17 games. PIM per game 0.38 (10months younger) 7th pick
Frk 1.45PPG in 38 games. PIM per game 4.79

Just an update, couldn't resist. Playing with the extra league team two years from your draft year is a accomplishment.


Last edited by 0123456789*: 03-05-2010 at 05:47 AM.
0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
  #70
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
Played his first game with the Extraleague team last thursday. It was a friendly against the Nuremburg tigers during the Olympic break. Not sure how he preformed but I would think this was more to just get his feet wet. Score 3-1 Nuremburk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-5yAj5ZIVE
Link to a interview with him after the game, he is the first player. He basicly said it was a good experience, the skating was faster and the play was faster. He also said Nuremburk isnt a very good team or in the Czech league and he is disappointed with the loss. (quick translation)

On the weekend he also had a hatrick and a assist for the junior team, this puts him now at 38games-28goals-27assists-55points-+9-182PIM....1.45PPG
That ties him for 4th in points and 4th in goals in the league and he is nearly double the next player on his team (Miroslav Hudak 49games - 17goals - 13assists - 30points). He also now leads the entire league in PIM with 182, the next player has 156.

at the same age/season.(Frk is a late birthday)
Panik 0.93PPG in 27 games. PIM per game 1.1 (4months younger) 52nd pick
Frolik 0.83PPG in 53 games. PIM per game 0.45 (4months younger) 10th pick
Voracek 0.75PPG in 17 games. PIM per game 0.38 (10months younger) 7th pick
Frk 1.45PPG in 38 games. PIM per game 4.79

Just an update, couldn't resist. Playing with the extra league team two years from your draft year is a accomplishment.
Jan Horacek played Extraleague as 15 year old and still never made it to NHL.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
  #71
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Jan Horacek played Extraleague as 15 year old and still never made it to NHL.
You are the board pessimist.

In alot of ways you're the anti-granlund2pulkkinen.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 06:07 PM
  #72
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post
Thanks... so it's "F - arrre - kay" ???
firk.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
  #73
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
at the same age/season.(Frk is a late birthday)
Panik 0.93PPG in 27 games. PIM per game 1.1 (4months younger) 52nd pick
Frolik 0.83PPG in 53 games. PIM per game 0.45 (4months younger) 10th pick
Voracek 0.75PPG in 17 games. PIM per game 0.38 (10months younger) 7th pick
Frk 1.45PPG in 38 games. PIM per game 4.79
Comparing them by development year rather than seasons to draft...

Panik 1.59 ppg in 39 games, 35 goals (Played 6 Extraliga games) 8 months older
Frolik 1.33 ppg in 15 games, 9 goals (Played 27 Extraliga games, 3 goals and 1 assist) 8 months older
Voracek 1.28 ppg in 46 games, 21 goals (Played 1 Extraliga games) 2 months older

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 04:15 AM
  #74
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Jan Horacek played Extraleague as 15 year old and still never made it to NHL.
You have every right to be a pessimist, its actually good as im excited about this player and what he brings and im my eyes so far projects to be. But thats just my opinion and therefore im biased, my opinion isnt necessarily right and its good for you to challenge it.

In any case when you talk about Jan Horacek your talking about 15 years ago, not exactly a fair comparison. There is a reason I look at the most recent players that dominated at the same age.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2010, 04:29 AM
  #75
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Comparing them by development year rather than seasons to draft...

Panik 1.59 ppg in 39 games, 35 goals (Played 6 Extraliga games) 8 months older
Frolik 1.33 ppg in 15 games, 9 goals (Played 27 Extraliga games, 3 goals and 1 assist) 8 months older
Voracek 1.28 ppg in 46 games, 21 goals (Played 1 Extraliga games) 2 months older
Oh come on, Frk is in the same development year, just like the draft year, the hockey season for kids has a cut off line. Frk is going to have EXACTLY the same number of development years as all the other players. Your comparison is totally flawed, I might be hyping him, but your point right no simply doesnt make sense. In your comparison all the players have 1 extra year of development AND are mostly 8 months older. In my comparison they have the same number of years of development and Frk is 4 months older.

Im born in early January, do you think that my whole educational life it was unfair to compare me to kids who were born in late december of the same year, these kids would have been nearly a year younger yet have the same number of educational years. Same goes for graduation, do universities look at kids who are younger then their peers more favorably. Or how bout when I started playing hockey, I couldent start until a arbitrarly chosen season start date, my age played no part as it placed me in a age group that had a also arbitrarily chosen cut off date.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.