HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Patrick on Stan and Guy show

Old
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
hockeydadx2*

vCash: 500
Rumor has it that CP is negotiating to purchase one of the many for-sale rinks in the area. Hint: it is the only one actually in bankruptcy right now.

Last I heard it hadn't happened yet, but I imagine there's a good chance it will.

hockeydadx2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Yeah, Stan and Guy talked about that. They said that it was natural, to an extent, to tailor your talk to the people you are speaking to.

As I am typing this, I just heard Phil Esposito say that if he USA and Canada play in the Gold Medal game, he doesn't care who wins, he will be happy either way. So he realized that he lives in both worlds, and doesn't want to piss anyone off.
Right, which is much better than actually stating one and then the other in two different situations. I'd rather people sit on the fence then flat out say it both ways.

In a Sean Connery accent, I am getting the "you're playing both sides" quote in my head now.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
NIN*

Quote:
Talking Olympics, Pen's and other stuff.

EDIT: They also felt that Keith Jones was another media guy that "talks out of both sides of his mouth."
Thanks for this thread, I always love to know what's on CP's mind, since he never let on for 15 years.

I disagree with those guys about Jones, although if new information is presented I might change my mind as well.

From what I have witnessed, he is a straight shooter, last season he said the Pens would not make the playoffs when they were in 10th place. But he said they would after they made all those moves. That's not what I consider to be flip flopping, because those were 2 different teams.

NIN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:28 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
Thanks for this thread, I always love to know what's on CP's mind, since he never let on for 15 years.

I disagree with those guys about Jones, although if new information is presented I might change my mind as well.

From what I have witnessed, he is a straight shooter, last season he said the Pens would not make the playoffs when they were in 10th place. But he said they would after they made all those moves. That's not what I consider to be flip flopping, because those were 2 different teams.
Yep, no problem.

I am not a Jones fan. Watching some of the Flyers games, his Orange colored glasses are pretty thick.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:28 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
Haven't missed an episode yet. Much better than "Mad Men."

Do you know off the top of your head when the season premiere is? March or April?
I'm pretty sure its starts early March. After how last season ended I'm so pumped. The writing, acting, and directing are perfect. If you have on demand they are starting to put up all the 2nd season.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
NIN*

Quote:
Yep, no problem.

I am not a Jones fan. Watching some of the Flyers games, his Orange colored glasses are pretty thick.
Vs. is owned by Comcast, who also own the Flyers. You should of heard the way that whole studio was chirping at the beginning of the season. They all but declared them the Cup champions because of the addition of Pronger, but the Pens handed them their lunch and they got pretty somber. lol

NIN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I'm pretty sure its starts early March. After how last season ended I'm so pumped. The writing, acting, and directing are perfect. If you have on demand they are starting to put up all the 2nd season.
March 21st.

I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes with On Demand. Looks like they're no charge, too.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
March 21st.

I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes with On Demand. Looks like they're no charge, too.
Yeah about 90% of the TV shows on there are free. The only ones that aren't are the ones that are broadcast on HBO, Showtime, ect...

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2010, 10:00 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

To be honest, I never watch shows there and I should. For some reason when I was first browsing through them there wasn't anything appealing. Their library seems to have improved.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
invictus

Just thought I'd share: I have always imagined Craig Kilborn whenever I see Craig Patrick's name in print without an accompanying picture.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Burghaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Just thought I'd share: I have always imagined Craig Kilborn whenever I see Craig Patrick's name in print without an accompanying picture.
I won't be able to not do this now. Dammit.

Burghaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Bah. I hate Craig Kilborn.

I'm actually quite shocked CP hasn't gotten another job since he wasn't renewed. You'd think some non-hockey market would hire him on the sole fact hiring a Hall of Famer would be a great PR move. He's still a good hockey mind and coule work with a team...he'd simply been here for too long.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:12 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBurrito View Post
I won't be able to not do this now. Dammit.
You've posted 6 times in 3 and a half years, and my comment about Craig Kilborn brought you out to post again?

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 01:34 PM
WVP

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10059/1039200-123.stm

Good article on CP in today's PG, from Cook of all people.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote