Notices

Flames/Minny...

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 08:39 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Flames/Minny...

6-0 in the end, sounded like a good third period for Calgary. Iginla had 2 goals and 4 points. Kobasew scored, as did McAmmond, Dome and Betts. Anybody go to this game? It was the last home game this pre-season for Calgary....
Will.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
wow.....

Yes, it is only pre-season, and yes it was only the Minnesota Wild, but man, the Flames were VERY good tonight. They were relentless and just poured it on in the third period. It was good to see that killer instinct that the team lacked many a time last year.

Honestly, I can't think of one player that played poorly. There were a few little miscuses, but the mistakes were minimal. Awesome PP. They are moving the puck around very well, and they are finding ways to get the puck on the net. The PK was great tonight too. They kept the Wild on the perimiter all night, and made life very easy for Turek and Krahn.

All the forwards seemed to be flying. Iggy was unstopable tonight. He was all over the place, and by far and was his usual dominating self. He played with Conroy(who played well) and Robert Dome for the majority of the night. It was nice to see Dome get an opportunity with the big guns, and he didn't look out of place. Scored a goal and a helper, and made some nice defensive plays. He really busted his but out there too. It looks like he's turned his career around.

Kobasew was fairly silent, but still managed to score his 4th goal in as many games. This guy just always finds the open seams. Betts continued to impress. Excellent two way play. Got 2nd star tonight after getting 1st star last game. This guy is showing more offense than I expected. Clark was a little buzz saw tonight, non-stop hustle, great on the PK. Yelle and Donovan were again solid on the PK, blocking shots, forechecking. McAmmond had his best game of the pre-season. Goal and an assist for him. His wheels were really going tonight. Green was solid again, crashing and banging, doing some solid forechecking. Oliwa had a good physical game once again, had a nice tilt with Brad Brown. Lombardi can really fly and continues to show glimpses, but I still think he needs some more time on the farm.

One concern on d was that Regehr left after this first with a shoulder injury. Not too sure how serious. So the other 5 had to pick up a few extra minutes. Lydman and Ference seem to play well together. Lydman had a couple helpers, and Ference showed off some more of his puck moving talents. Leopold continues to look better each night. Wallin I thought had his best game of the pre-season. And it was nice to see Warrener get in a game. He was the 3rd star, play a steady solid game, and had the hit of the night when he leveled Marc Chouniard.

Turek really didn't get tested much, but he was solid again. He looks to be a little quicker in and around the crease. Krahn also did not get tested much.

Sutter is going to have some tough choices to make cut wise. The Montador-Commodore-Wallin battle for the extra d-man slot is very close. And Dome made a good case for himself tonight too. Next round of cuts, my guess is Lombardi, Morgan, Davidson, Krahn...can't think of anyone else. There will be some solid reinforcements on the farm should injuries strike the big club. Sutter has really built this team very well.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
09-25-2003, 11:44 PM
ForeignFlame

Eighty minutes of shutout hockey is a good show of form early from Turek. Hopefully he can translate similar form in to regular season wins.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
All the forwards seemed to be flying. Iggy was unstopable tonight. He was all over the place, and by far and was his usual dominating self. He played with Conroy(who played well) and Robert Dome for the majority of the night. It was nice to see Dome get an opportunity with the big guns, and he didn't look out of place. Scored a goal and a helper, and made some nice defensive plays. He really busted his but out there too. It looks like he's turned his career around.
Great to hear that Dome is playing well. Has the GM or coach made any comments regarding him, his play, and his chances of making the team? I'd love to see him earn a spot with the team.

Closed Thread