HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kinda OT: Where are you NYC USA Hockey fans watching the Gold Medal Game?

Old
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Salz

vCash: 500
Kinda OT: Where are you NYC USA Hockey fans watching the Gold Medal Game?

I'm thinking about going to that new bar on 30th and 7th calling The Flying Puck. Where are you guys gonna go?

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
I'm traveling this weekend so I'll be watching the game at a place called Stout in San Diego. A great hockey bar if anyone ever visits here. This city actually has a couple of other hockey bars.

How does this place have 3 true hockey bars? Great city!

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

There aren't any hockey bars I know of even close to where I am.

So, it will be watched where all hockey games are, comfortably from my living room, or bedroom.

USA!

or

Slovakia!

02-26-2010, 08:42 PM
nyrmetros

Post more bars. I am bringing 30 people with me. We need a bar that will have the game audio on. no crappy jukebox. And we want USA drink specials. Any thoughts ??? I need this planned by tomorrow afternoon.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
I'm thinking about going to that new bar on 30th and 7th calling The Flying Puck. Where are you guys gonna go?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-flying-puck-manhattan

Anyone know anything about this place? Is it a real hockey bar or just in name ??

Old
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post

Anyone know anything about this place? Is it a real hockey bar or just in name ??
Judging by the reviews on that site, it's a hockey themed bar.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
SouvenirCity

Calling in sick for work, and watching it at home

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:32 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:

Went there for today's game vs. Finland. Definitely hockey themed. They had the sound on the game and the game on basically every TV. But there wasn't any deals, not even happy hour.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Post more bars. I am bringing 30 people with me. We need a bar that will have the game audio on. no crappy jukebox. And we want USA drink specials. Any thoughts ??? I need this planned by tomorrow afternoon.
come down to my place
774 main street hackensack
poitin still
red stripe specials
lcd's in HD all over and audio will be on

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
viventi

Quote:
i went to the flying puck to watch one of the games a few nights ago. pretty good food, staff is pretty cool. its a decent place.

viventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
come down to my place
774 main street hackensack
poitin still
red stripe specials
lcd's in HD all over and

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
broadwayblue

Good question...where does someone watch the Olympics on the Big Island of Hawaii at 10:00am?

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 08:55 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by viventi View Post
i went to the flying puck to watch one of the games a few nights ago. pretty good food, staff is pretty cool. its a decent place.
Yes or no.... Will it be THE place to watch USA vs Canada ? Gonna call them up about drink specials for the USA.

Old
02-27-2010, 09:30 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

My girlfriend's coming in from Long Island, so I'm lucky if I get the chance to watch it at all.

If I watch it though it'll be either in my apartment or a small bar thats a few blocks away from me.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:12 AM
nyrmetros

I just called up The Flying Puck. They confirmed they are a 100% legitimate hockey bar. They confirmed they will have the hockey game audio on, no jukebox crap. They confirmed that they will not have any drink specials. However as everyone knows, Hole in the Wall *Roses Pizza) below Penn is open for drinking from Noon on Sunday. The Flying Puck is 1 block south of MSG. 364 7th Ave
Manhattan, NY 10001 (212) 736-5353 . This area is easily accessible for PATH, NJ Transit, LIRR, and MTA Subway.

We are confirmed for this place.

Last edited by nyrmetros: 02-27-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
I was there for both games yesterday. Good food and you can't beat the stained-glass skylights.

but for the game tomorrow, I'm going to Mudville 9 with a bunch of friends. We ended up there for the last US-Canada game, so we want to make sure to keep the streak going.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
I was there for both games yesterday. Good food and you can't beat the stained-glass skylights.

but for the game tomorrow, I'm going to Mudville 9 with a bunch of friends. We ended up there for the last US-Canada game, so we want to make sure to keep the streak going.

I was there also with a few friends. We were the guys near the front door shouting whenever Slovakia had a chance. I thought it was okay, but the sound not being on was a killer. I'm not sure I want to go back there tomorrow How was Mudville 9?

Old
02-27-2010, 11:29 AM
jasonponty

Just found out Bar Coastal (78th & 1st) which has been doing $3 Moosehead bottles & $3 Molson Pints is also doing $2 Bud & Bud Light drafts for the USA/Canada game tomorrow... I'm sure they're gonna be packed so I'd get there early... I've been told the game will be on all several TV's w/ sound.

jasonponty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Salz

Quote:
I just called up The Flying Puck. They confirmed they are a 100% legitimate hockey bar. They confirmed they will have the hockey game audio on, no jukebox crap. They confirmed that they will not have any drink specials. However as everyone knows, Hole in the Wall *Roses Pizza) below Penn is open for drinking from Noon on Sunday. The Flying Puck is 1 block south of MSG. 364 7th Ave
Manhattan, NY 10001 (212) 736-5353 . This area is easily accessible for PATH, NJ Transit, LIRR, and MTA Subway.

We are confirmed for this place.
They never do any happy hours, Drink specials, anything. Bottled domestics are 5.50, imports 6, drafts 6 or 7. They ought to make things cheaper if they want to stand out.

Old
02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
I was there also with a few friends. We were the guys near the front door shouting whenever Slovakia had a chance. I thought it was okay, but the sound not being on was a killer. I'm not sure I want to go back there tomorrow How was Mudville 9?
Ha, we were sitting right behind you guys. For the US game, they had every TV on the game and the sound on, so I would imagine they would do so again tomorrow.

Mudville 9 was really nice. Lots of TVs, all on the game with the sound on. Plus, they have beer towers which my friends seemed to enjoy a lot: http://tweetphoto.com/12137076

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonponty View Post
Just found out Bar Coastal (78th & 1st) which has been doing $3 Moosehead bottles & $3 Molson Pints is also doing $2 Bud & Bud Light drafts for the USA/Canada game tomorrow... I'm sure they're gonna be packed so I'd get there early... I've been told the game will be on all several TV's w/ sound.
Great find! How did you hear about this?

Old
02-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vengeance View Post
Ha, we were sitting right behind you guys. For the US game, they had every TV on the game and the sound on, so I would imagine they would do so again tomorrow.

Mudville 9 was really nice. Lots of TVs, all on the game with the sound on. Plus, they have beer towers which my friends seemed to enjoy a lot: http://tweetphoto.com/12137076
Oh, you were with that crowd of 30? That's really funny. I may go to that UES place just cause of the specials, but Flying Puck will likely be my new pre-game spot for Rangers games. I did love the Rangers decorations. It made me feel at home.

Old
02-27-2010, 11:42 AM
jasonponty

Quote:
Great find! How did you hear about this?

I was there last night, after Canada won started to post flyers for it. Seemed like a last minute thing but still a great idea.

jasonponty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Salz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonponty View Post
I was there last night, after Canada won started to post flyers for it. Seemed like a last minute thing but still a great idea.
I hope there's a lot of USA hockey fans. I'm looking for a place where everyone is shouting U-S-A and **** like that. I wanna wear a hockey jersey but I don't have a Rangers one with an American. Although I do have a DRURY shirt.

Old
02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
They never do any happy hours, Drink specials, anything. Bottled domestics are 5.50, imports 6, drafts 6 or 7. They ought to make things cheaper if they want to stand out.

That s@cks and blows, but my people have already committed to this. We will just drink extra beer downstairs in Penn Station beforehand where a 32 oz of domestic is $4.