HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-atl

Old
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
No doubt his contract has something to do with it, but I don't know why a team would willingly want to give up anything for the right to pay Grabovski almost $3 million for two more years. He's a majorly flawed player for a guy making that much money.
Atlanta gives up very little for Grabovski in this proposal, and I agree, he doesn't have a ton of value right now. He's worth no more than this proposal.

That said, this is why I think the Leafs will keep him. Wilson likes him and he wouldn't be the first player to slump in his sophomore year.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Tonka
Diggles

I swear Grabovski is so underrated...

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
tpc77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
I swear Grabovski is so underrated...
I agree. He is only a sophomore in his low twenties with amazing speed. He may not put up huge numbers yet, but he opens up alot of ice for his line mates and can single handedly get you out of trouble in your own zone with his speed.

Does anyone remember who got injured when the leafs went from being one of the hottest teams in the league back to struggling to play.500 hockey? Grabovski!

I would give this guy more time, and not trade him unless you get a great return.

tpc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Psydeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post
I agree. He is only a sophomore in his low twenties with amazing speed. He may not put up huge numbers yet, but he opens up alot of ice for his line mates and can single handedly get you out of trouble in your own zone with his speed.

Does anyone remember who got injured when the leafs went from being one of the hottest teams in the league back to struggling to play.500 hockey? Grabovski!

I would give this guy more time, and not trade him unless you get a great return.
I agree! There isn't a team in this league that would "throw-in" a 26-year old center who is averaging around 50 points a season!

Psydeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Shaun_W_W

Is White a UFA? I think the trade is better without the 3rd and White

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 12:55 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Dont like it.

Grabovksi >> White.

White is dead weight, Can go after Armstrong in July. 1st would be nice, but not to take on White for Grabo.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:11 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Wow i didn't realize Grabovski is 26. He's hitting his peak and hasn't proved much. I thought he was like 23.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Wow i didn't realize Grabovski is 26. He's hitting his peak and hasn't proved much. I thought he was like 23.
He's in his second NHL season. I don't know what you expect, but a 26 year old isn't really at his peak, however you define that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Idk you would think a 26 year old would have proved something by now or showed signs. I don't know if i would want to overpay for Grabovski anymore.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:36 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
No doubt his contract has something to do with it, but I don't know why a team would willingly want to give up anything for the right to pay Grabovski almost $3 million for two more years. He's a majorly flawed player for a guy making that much money.

IMO Grabovski isn't overpaid. He is naturally talented with good hands and speed. His first year in the NHL he put up 40 odd points I believe and 20 goals. What I don't like about him, is he tries to skate/stick handle past his teamates and the oposition often putting himself in positions to get run over. He's not bad defensively, but his main agenda is to score. If he used his brain, and relied less on his natural talents he would be a pretty good hockey player. Not a fan of the proposed trade.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Idk you would think a 26 year old would have proved something by now or showed signs. I don't know if i would want to overpay for Grabovski anymore.
He did quite well in his first year in the NHL. This year has been an off year, but he's been injured as well. Didn't get his first kick at the can till 25. If Burke can get a big two way forward, he would probably replace Grabovksi. Grabovski isn't a bad hockey player, can be fun to watch at times.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
bobermay

What's Whites contract status?

If its not great, I don't really like this deal as a leafs perspective.

Poni himself should fetch a Late first I am hoping.
Grabovski should give us at LEAST a 2nd and a late pick/prospect
Armstrong is a Free Agent, he's probably gonna ask for WAYYY too much money.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
InShannyWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

how about

To Toronto: NJ 2010 1st , Atl 2010 2nd , Armstrong and Cormier or Klingberg

To Atlanta: Grabovski, Ponikarovsky and Tor 2010 3rd

InShannyWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
He's in his second NHL season. I don't know what you expect, but a 26 year old isn't really at his peak, however you define that.
NHL forwards hit their peak usually between 25-30.
He's no longer a prospect, but in his peak performance years.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:05 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydeshow View Post
I agree! There isn't a team in this league that would "throw-in" a 26-year old center who is averaging around 50 points a season!
You have to know someone was going to call you out. At 26, his career high is 48 points, and he's only done that once. How is that averaging around 50 points a season exactly?

Look Leaf fans, you can sell us that Kaberle is a top offensive defenseman, you can sell us that Antropov/Poni are worth a 1st at the trade deadline...all that is a decent debate. But not that Grabo is anything but overpaid. Sorry, he's a one dimensional 26 year old that can't find a spot on a toronto team devoid of centers.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydeshow View Post
His career high is 48 points, this with top 6 minutes and power play time.

I do admit his is a fiesty guy who skates well. However, he has a lot of weaknesses to his game (defensive play, small player easy to knock of the puck, takes bad decisions with the puck in the neutral zone, has caracter issues).

Based on my personal assestment of the player, I dont think your a good hockey team if this guy plays on your top 6 and I do not see him contributing on your botton 6.

KHL-bound within 3 years.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I'd rather pay the so called flawed Grabovski almost three per then the flawed Ryder 4 per

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I'd rather pay the so called flawed Grabovski almost three per then the flawed Ryder 4 per
This has nothing to do with the Bruins at all. Nice cop out.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
You have to know someone was going to call you out. At 26, his career high is 48 points, and he's only done that once. How is that averaging around 50 points a season exactly?

Look Leaf fans, you can sell us that Kaberle is a top offensive defenseman, you can sell us that Antropov/Poni are worth a 1st at the trade deadline...all that is a decent debate. But not that Grabo is anything but overpaid. Sorry, he's a one dimensional 26 year old that can't find a spot on a toronto team devoid of centers.
Buddy you seem to be enjoying trolling a leafs thrashers thread. What does this thread have to do with Antropov or Kaberle? How can Grabovski not find a spot on the Toronto roster exactly? He was our 2nd line center all season until he got hurt and will be exactly that when he get's back. Really, concern yourself with Bruins stuff and leave this to leafs/thrasher fans. If you actually take the time to read the thread a lot of Thrasher fans seem to have a good bit of interest in him. Just because you personally have a hate on for him doesn't mean your right. I'd have no problem with the leafs keeping him but I'd be willing to trade him for the trade that's been offered here

Old
02-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post
how about

To Toronto: NJ 2010 1st , Atl 2010 2nd , Armstrong and Cormier or Klingberg

To Atlanta: Grabovski, Ponikarovsky and Tor 2010 3rd

Brutal for Atlanta

The Trashers traded Kovalchuk. If they were to make a playoff push, they would have kept him. Thus, they have no need for Ponikarovsky.

So, Ponikarovsky = Armstrong (both UFA, its more or less a wash at this point of the season)

It leaves us Grabovski and a 3rd for Cormier, NJ 1st and ATL 2nd...really?

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:35 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Stuart View Post
This has nothing to do with the Bruins at all. Nice cop out.
Do you have an idea who Neely is? My assumption is that he's a bruins fan if I'm wrong about that then I'll apoligize for the assumption. How is it a cop out. I really like Grabovski and would gladly keep him around.

Old
02-27-2010, 06:41 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc77 View Post

You seem to be forgetting Komisarek also went down around the same time. I agree Grabs is better then what some are saying here but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the reason were losing now.

Old
02-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Do you have an idea who Neely is? My assumption is that he's a bruins fan if I'm wrong about that then I'll apoligize for the assumption. How is it a cop out. I really like Grabovski and would gladly keep him around.
That's grand for you. Keep him. That doesn't change the fact that this conversation about the LEafs and Grabovski has absolutely nothing to do with Ryder or the Bruins.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Not terrible, but that 3rd would more than likely mean our 2nd pick in the draft wouldn't be until around 95. And Army, while someone we'd want, would be available on July 1. Just keep it simple, Poni for the pick

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
bobermay

Quote:

48 a season is his average right now concidering this season isn't done... 48 is AROUND 50.

And how exactly can't grabo find a spot on this roster? Maybe he can't 'make' our roster right now because he's injured? Grabo is worth 2.9 if you watch him pay. He has 60 point potential IMO. He can do impressive things with the puck. He's still relatively new at the NHL and still is learning a thing or two.

And besides... anybody that was in a Bar Fight must be pretty cool ;P

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote