HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who would you trade Price or Halak?

Old
02-27-2010, 04:11 PM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

vCash: 500
keep both they can play a tandem like how san jose did with nabokov and toskala keep both of the goaltenders they will be good for the future and

if halak request a trade here we can do it

to philly

halak
subban

to canadiens

Danny Briere
Michael Leighton

to ottawa

halak

to canadiens

leclaire
second round pick in 2010

to dallas

halak

to canadiens

lethneion
second round pick
brunstromm

to detroit

halak

to canadiens

howard
second round pick
bertuzzi

to oilers

halak

to canadiens

jeff delourise
second round pick in 2010
Mike Comrie

to new york islanders

halak

to canadiens

roloson
third round pick

NOW HERE IS PRICE

TO ATLANTA

PRICE

TO CANADIENS

PALVEC

TO CHICAGO

PRICE

TO CANADIENS

NIMEN
AKU
SECOND ROUND PICK

TO SAN JOSE

PRICE

TO CANADIENS

NABOKOV

TO TORONTO

PRICE

TO CANADIENS

GIGURE
FOURTH ROUND PICK

TO TAMPA BAY

PRICE

TO CANADIENS

NITYAMAKKI

ALL DONE AND FAIR

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM
66Lemieux

Trading Price at his age would be a mistake look at Fleury as an example tons of Pens fans wanted to dump him look at him now.

66Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
keep both they can play a tandem like how san jose did with nabokov and toskala keep both of the goaltenders they will be good for the future and

<insert ludicrous trades here>

ALL DONE AND FAIR
No. No. No. Also, the value of Halak and Price differ significantly in every one of your trades! By your rationale:

Halak = Roloson + 3rd (Islanders) = Howard + Bertuzzi + 2nd (Red Wings) ... seriously!?

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
Fixed.

That said, I wouldn't trade either goalie right now. They're both far too young and years away from their prime years to truly determine who the better goalie will really be. Of course, that won't stop the self-proclaimed experts around here from deciding who's already better a mere 3 years into their NHL careers. Typical HFBoards.
I agree. If I were JM, I would call them both in, and say welcome to platoonworld.
Either one or the other will have their hot streaks, and play more games. It also
means one or the other will have to play their way, to be the constant #1.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Lemieux View Post
Trading Price at his age would be a mistake look at Fleury as an example tons of Pens fans wanted to dump him look at him now.
The simple truth is had a guy like Halak emerged, Fleury just might have been dumped. It wasn't long ago he was challenged by Ty Conklin. If Conklin had a little more upside, like Halak does, you never know what might have happened with the Pens.

The Habs traded Huet to clear the way for Price. Halak stole the job away from him. Seems fairly simple to me.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Sevanston

It's all really a question of whether or not you're willing to bet Montreal is willing to go to the playoffs. Moreover, to truly go far in the playoffs.

If they're going far in the playoffs, trade Price. Great potential later is not what you need for a deep playoff run now.

If they're not going far in the playoffs, trade Halak. Price gets more time to further develop his talent, Montreal gets a higher draft pick, and a decent return for a solid goalie.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
The simple truth is had a guy like Halak emerged, Fleury just might have been dumped. It wasn't long ago he was challenged by Ty Conklin. If Conklin had a little more upside, like Halak does, you never know what might have happened with the Pens.

The Habs traded Huet to clear the way for Price. Halak stole the job away from him. Seems fairly simple to me.
Half the reason was also because Halak was absolutely dominating the AHL at the time too.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Trade whoever has more value (as long as other teams are making fair offers). There's no point sitting a valuable asset on the bench anymore when dealing one can actually help the team. I'm confident both goalies will turn out to be consistent top 10-15 starters in the league.

If we could in some way, shape or form get a stud D prospect (Pietrangelo, Carlson, Fowler, Gormley etc.) in return I'd definitely pull the trigger.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post

to philly

halak
subban

to canadiens

Danny Briere
Michael Leighton

You should be the Montreal GM.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
RyanBostonRedsox

Whoever says to keep both goalies obviously isn't a Canadiens fan, because if you were you would understand that we can't afford both.

RyanBostonRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
surshot*

I have a feeling Price is leaving.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 09:36 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
I have a feeling Price is leaving.

I have always been higher on Halak, and I think the weak spots in his game can be worked on.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox View Post
Whoever says to keep both goalies obviously isn't a Canadiens fan, because if you were you would understand that we can't afford both.
If both goalies were okay with staying in Montreal until they were about to become UFA's and then Montreal would choose one to sign to a long term deal and then trade the other would, imo, be managements' preferred choice. The money isn't an issue at all.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post

In my opinion it's never that simple with young goalies. I wouldn't be surprised to see Price doing much better than Halak next year. I don't mean it as a knock on Halak either, it just speaks to the inconsistent nature of young developing goalies. You can't really predict who will be better based on this one season.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote