HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

(NYR/CHI) Prospal+Girardi for Byfuglien+2nd

Old
02-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad29Johnson View Post

Honestly i'd keep the 2nd round pick over trading for Buff
We're not giving up a pick with this proposal. We're getting one.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Don't like this deal. The Rangers are paper thin and soft on defense as it is... now you want to give up the grittiest defender on the team who happens to be 14th in the league in hits, and 7th in the league in blocked shots?
Sign Volchenkov in the summer if you want to add some grit to our defense. I'm actually one of the few Rangers fans that defends Girardi. I understand what he brings to the table. I just think he's replaceable.

I also think arbitration is going to pay him more than he's really worth. 2.7M is my guesstimate.

Quote:
For a big 3rd line forward who could potentially score 20+ goals a year? I'd rather have just kept Kotalik at that point, especially considering what Byfuglien's already being paid, and then going to be paid once he hits RFA status. Good player, just not worth the salary.
Dustin can play 5-on-5 hockey. Kotalik, is a liability 5-on-5, or even on the PP.

Quote:
I see that some of my fellow Rangers fans haven't learned their lessons with Higgins and Kotalik, who collectively consumed over 5 million dollars in real pay and cap space to do jack****. Sure Buff is a big power forward, but we have guys like Anisimov already up, and Grachev, who can turn into that kind of player with a renewed mentality...
Anisimov? Are you kidding me? Anisimov is probably the softest forward on our roster. The kid's a future concussion victim. Great size, but doesn't use it properly. He will have a similar fighting resume to Naslund's when he retires many years from today.

Grachev has less points than Dustin, playing against AHL scrubs. 12G, 13A, 25P. Patrick ****ing Rissmiller is outscoring Grachev this year.

Kotalik is 31 years old. Higgins last season in Montreal was hampered with injury's, and by the looks of it, he hasn't recovered. Dustin's 24 years old. He's 250 pounds. Can skate, has a nice shot, and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Kotalik and Higgins.

Quote:
This trade although not too far off valuewise just isn't worth it. I still think Prospal can catch more than just a 2nd rounder if Dominic Moore can get a 2nd by himself.

I agree. Prospal can fetch more than a 2nd rounder.

I don't think Girardi for Dustin is a fair swap though. Prospal balances things out here.

Old
02-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'd do it if a prospect was added from Chicago's side. Nothing major, but one with decent potential.
I don't follow the Wolves much. Who would you suggest?

Old
02-27-2010, 03:08 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad29Johnson View Post
It's the same infatuation Bruins fans have with Lucic.

Honestly i'd keep the 2nd round pick over trading for Buff
Lucic is getting paid 800k this year. he has been injured, and i'm not going to judge his play for the year until after the Olympic break.

but if Lucic can put up around 20 goals and 30 assists, give or take, while dominating a game physically like he did all of last year, then he will be well worth the 4 million a year contract extension.

and yes Boston fans love Lucic.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Flapjack*

I dont think Chicago does that at all.

Buff can control a whole playoff series by himself, witness the Calgary and Canuck series last year.

His price goes up the closer the deadline comes around, AND a draft pick?

I dont think, and Iam not a Buff fan at all, you get Buff without over paying for him, and to an extent, think the Hawks will deal all the mid tier guys on their list of cap casualties before they get rid of him. For some strange reason the brass seems enamoured with a guy who plays half the time all season long, then becomes the guy who makes Luongo cry during the playoffs.

Flapjack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:43 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't understand the fascination with Byfuglien that a lot of Rangers fans seem to have. He's big. Neat. That's not good enough for what he's being paid.
I agree. Rather have Versteeg.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
There isn't a single legitimate power-forward on our roster. Dustin has skill for a big guy. Not Brian Boyle skill, either.

3M is more than he's producing, yes. But I see things a bit differently, I guess.

I see Dustin as a pretty important piece to a puzzle. A puzzle that is lacking bits&pieces here and there.

I also think Dustin's best games are ahead of him. I think he'll develop into a pretty consistent 20G scorer. Combine that with his size, and that's something we could really use.

I wanted Malone @5M. Overpayment, yes. But he would have been a player that actually fills a void we have. A legit top-6 power forward. I don't think Dustin will reach Malone's ceiling, but I think he'll come close to providing the type of impact he's capable of.

This shouldn't turn into a Dustin VS Malone thread. Ryan's the superior player. I just wanted to bring up the importance of having a top-6 forward with size and skill, which is what I see Dustin as tomorrow, when he's reached his ceiling.
Fair enough, I just don't see him as having that sort of ceiling. I'd much rather go after Versteeg from Chicago. Buff certainly has size, but I don't think he has the skillset to become a consistent top-six forward.

I'd just assume pay a little more for a guy like Horton than play the praying game with Buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Agreed. I understand the need for size up front, but we're seriously lacking in the skill department.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I think Dustin makes a bigger impact on our team than Versteeg.

I'd take either player though. Versteeg will probably cost a bit more.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Fair enough, I just don't see him as having that sort of ceiling. I'd much rather go after Versteeg from Chicago. Buff certainly has size, but I don't think he has the skillset to become a consistent top-six forward.

I'd just assume pay a little more for a guy like Horton than play the praying game with Buff.
The combination of size, and skill, is why I think Dustin can play a top-6 role. If he weighed 185 pounds, my opinion about him would differ a lot.

If we can package Girardi to FLA for Horton, believe me, i'd rather take that route. But I think we're talking about Dubinsky+ for Horton, and I'd rather keep Dubinsky and compliment him with a guy like Dustin, rather than bring in a guy like Horton as a replacement for Dubi.

Old
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
The combination of size, and skill, is why I think Dustin can play a top-6 role. If he weighed 185 pounds, my opinion about him would differ a lot.

If we can package Girardi to FLA for Horton, believe me, i'd rather take that route. But I think we're talking about Dubinsky+ for Horton, and I'd rather keep Dubinsky and compliment him with a guy like Dustin, rather than bring in a guy like Horton as a replacement for Dubi.
I would much rather have Horton than the Dubinsky/Buff combo. Mainly because I don't really care for Buff.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

Yeah I'm with Sting on this one.

I know he's big, but he's not that skilled. At least not skilled enough to make me think he's going to contribute in a top-6 role.

Horton would be more expensive, but he's also a much better player. Hard to say what I'd be willing to give up for him, but I'm just not as big of a fan of Dubinsky as most people.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Fair enough...

Old
02-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
No thanks

Byfuglien is valuable to our team's playoff hopes and I wouldn't give a 2nd + him for Girardi.

Prospal wouldn't fit on Hawks well as we are already too deep at wing. That is why Versteeg is on block

Girardi + 2nd for Versteeg I would be in favor of

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No thanks
Really? . . .

Quote:
Byfuglien is valuable to our team's playoff hopes and I wouldn't give a 2nd + him for Girardi.
It's for Prospal, and Girardi. Not just Girardi.

Quote:
Prospal wouldn't fit on Hawks well as we are already too deep at wing. That is why Versteeg is on block
Prospal can play Center. He has, numerous times in his career actually. I pointed that out for those who obviously those watch enough of Vaclav.

Quote:
Girardi + 2nd for Versteeg I would be in favor of
Overpayment from NYR's end. And it wouldn't work with the Cap.

Old
02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Really? . . .

It's for Prospal, and Girardi. Not just Girardi.

Prospal can play Center. He has, numerous times in his career actually. I pointed that out for those who obviously those watch enough of Vaclav.

Overpayment from NYR's end. And it wouldn't work with the Cap.
Yes really,,,

And I know Prospal is part of deal but he serves no function on Hawks.

If we traded Byfuglien for that package we still would have no were to play Prospal.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Brouwer-Bolland-Hossa
Ladd-Madden-Versteeg
Eager-Fraser/Burish-Kopecky/Burish

He isn't good enough to play in our top 6. His defense isn't as good as our 3rd line players and he lacks the physical talent to be on our 4th/energy/pest line.

Prospal serves no purpose on Hawks.

And I feel Hawks are overpaying on the deal you proposed

Old
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
I don't follow the Wolves much. Who would you suggest?
The Wolves aren't our farm team. Would make sense, but no.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
The Wolves aren't our farm team. Would make sense, but no.
Well ****.

Old
02-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Yes really,,,

And I know Prospal is part of deal but he serves no function on Hawks.

If we traded Byfuglien for that package we still would have no were to play Prospal.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Brouwer-Bolland-Hossa
Ladd-Madden-Versteeg
Eager-Fraser/Burish-Kopecky/Burish

He isn't good enough to play in our top 6. His defense isn't as good as our 3rd line players and he lacks the physical talent to be on our 4th/energy/pest line.

Prospal serves no purpose on Hawks.

And I feel Hawks are overpaying on the deal you proposed
Is Bolland back from surgery?

Isn't Madden on the IR?

Where has Dustin been playing the last month or so?

Old
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I don't like this either. I want Buff for the playoffs.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
NYR Viper

What about something centered around Buff + Versteeg for Prospal + Girardi +_____

Could possibly give the Hawks some cap room for this offseason and give them a spot to play Prospal who is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for + an upgrade on defense for this season and the future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
What about something centered around Buff + Versteeg for Prospal + Girardi +_____

Could possibly give the Hawks some cap room for this offseason and give them a spot to play Prospal who is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for + an upgrade on defense for this season and the future.
Can't afford both Kris and dustin, unless a 3.5M contract is working its way back to Chicago.

Old
02-27-2010, 07:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Can't afford both Kris and dustin, unless a 3.5M contract is working its way back to Chicago.
Possibly move Rozsival in a separate package for a cheaper defenseman could work. Moving Jokinen in a separate deal might work as well.

Old
02-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:

That deal is worse

Old
02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
That deal is worse
Most likely has something to do with the fact that the proposal isn't finished.

Old
02-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Most likely has something to do with the fact that the proposal isn't finished.
Nope

Prospal is not a fit for Hawks and Buff/Versteeg are both upgrades as they can play strong D so as to be part of our checking line for playoffs or top 6 given there various attributes offensively if needed.

Plus Girardi probably would be our #7 dman rest of this year

Keith > Girardi
Seabrook > Girardi
Campbell > Girardi
Hjalmarsson > Girardi
Johnsson > Girardi (Close given Girardi's age)
Sopel = or slightly > Girardi (Sopel has played good this year and is important part of PK)

Unless that + is something special then this trade is not good for Hawks