HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be our starting goalie for the wolfpack next year.

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2005, 07:23 PM
AzWeThInKwEiZ

vCash: 500
Who will be our starting goalie for the wolfpack next year.

I understand we are all excited to see lundquist come over here and get his north American experience in with the starting job with the wolfpack, however what about montoya. Sather almost signed him to a pro contract this year, which would have made him the goalie for the wolfpack this year. I wonder if it is really benefitual for Montoya to play another season in college. And finally I know its a longshot but what if blackburn's nerve finally heals properly, and he has a legitimate shot at a pro career again. I'm not complaining, because I'm sure this is definately a problem most teams would like to have, however Im just curious to how it will work out, what do you guys think?

Old
01-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Balej20*

Dont forget about Barbs and Holt and Val.

Weekes will be gone, Dunham will be gone, so we will probably bring up two goalies. Or we will bring up atleast one....but its a nice problem to have.

Personally, i feel Blackburn is finished, so i wouldnt even factor him in. Montoya would start in Hartford. Possibly splitting time with Lundy, but Lundy may stay over in Europe. WHo knows.

Old
01-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Levitate

assuming the NHL is in play again, lundqvist is definatly gonna be over...i wouldn't put it past montoya to stay in michigan for his final year, especially since this year hasn't been the greatest for him. holt will likely be in college too

one of valiquette or labarbera will probably go (either to the NHL as back up for the rangers or just gone) and lundqvist will be the starter in hartford as long as he earns it

year after that montoya is in the AHL, lundqvist (assuming he comes through like we think he can...total assumption there but hey) is in the NHL

Old
01-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
assuming the NHL is in play again, lundqvist is definatly gonna be over...i wouldn't put it past montoya to stay in michigan for his final year, especially since this year hasn't been the greatest for him. holt will likely be in college too

one of valiquette or labarbera will probably go (either to the NHL as back up for the rangers or just gone) and lundqvist will be the starter in hartford as long as he earns it

year after that montoya is in the AHL, lundqvist (assuming he comes through like we think he can...total assumption there but hey) is in the NHL
and then, in a perfect world, we have a goaltending battle in 3 years between Montoya and Lundquist (and maybe Blackie if he makes an incredible comeback)

Old
01-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Weekes will be gone
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Weekes around...he took less to come to New York, and they may figure he's the perfect guy to bridge the gap to the next generation.

Old
01-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Weekes around...he took less to come to New York, and they may figure he's the perfect guy to bridge the gap to the next generation.
well then the situation gets even more confusing. but i can see them bring him back, youre right.

Old
01-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
With the cap coming lundy will be in NY and given every chance tro win the number at a rookie cap number. Montoya in Hartford and Weekes in NY as a back up.

Old
01-27-2005, 08:26 PM
NYR469

i'm betting that the goalie tandem in hartford will be montoya & lundqvist...i think blackburn is done and labarbera gets to be the backup in ny until montoya or lundqvist make the big club

either dunham or weekes is let go at the end of the year, the other is the starter in ny...

chris holt is only a sophomore this year so he'll be back at UNO next year

Old
01-27-2005, 09:03 PM
NYR2

I think Lundqvist gets the job, if he plays there and not in NY. And I kind of see Montoya staying in school again.

Old
01-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Onion Boy

Henke, assuming, of course, that he doesn't make the Rangers opening night roster.

Old
01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Balej20*

Who cares anymore, hockey may not even be around the way we know it. NHL is going to kill themselves. THIS WILL NEVER BE SETTLED. I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Closed Thread