HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shean Donovan

Old
02-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Cherith Cutestory

vCash: 500
Shean Donovan

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../13048466.html

According to Big Bruce, the Sens have contacted a few teams to gage their interest. What could he fetch? A late pick? What teams would want him for a playoff run?

Last edited by Cherith Cutestory: 02-27-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Cherith Cutestory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
*Shean

Donovan is my fav player on the Sens, he gives it his all whenever he's given the chance. If he is dealt, hopefully he gets to hoist the cup. A late pick is what I expect.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 10:53 AM
SpezDispenser

I have to wonder why you'd move him? He's a foot solider, a guy that can be ready in a moment's notice, plays hard, is responsible. For his salary, I wouldn't move him personally, rather I'd keep his a depth for the stretch drive and playoffs.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I have to wonder why you'd move him? He's a foot solider, a guy that can be ready in a moment's notice, plays hard, is responsible. For his salary, I wouldn't move him personally, rather I'd keep his a depth for the stretch drive and playoffs.
I think he is moved only to free up the small amount of cap space he is taking up for the rest of the season. Ottawa has plenty of forwards but I think would rather keep Donovan. The only thing is the Sens are looking at a top 4 D-Man and have very little cap space left. Dealing Donovan means they can get a D-Man with an extra $500K in salary.

I doubt Donovan has much value though. In a deal just for him it is a late round draft pick or future considerations only.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2010 Sens Rule View Post
I think he is moved only to free up the small amount of cap space he is taking up for the rest of the season. Ottawa has plenty of forwards but I think would rather keep Donovan. The only thing is the Sens are looking at a top 4 D-Man and have very little cap space left. Dealing Donovan means they can get a D-Man with an extra $500K in salary.

I doubt Donovan has much value though. In a deal just for him it is a late round draft pick or future considerations only.
If the Sens trade Donovan, that will have absolutely nothing to do with cap space... Here is the actual situation :

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team....ate=2010-02-27

Sens have $1,400,156 of cap space, meaning they could acquire a player with a full-season cap hit of $6,141,593

Donovan's cap hit is $625,000...

BUT, they already have 23 players on the roster (and the max is 23), which consists of 14 forwards, 7 Defencemen and 2 goalies. Only 5 D-men are healthy and 6 if Karlsson comes back. So if they trade for a D-man without trading a roster player, they'll need a roster spot for him

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
If the Sens trade Donovan, that will have absolutely nothing to do with cap space... Here is the actual situation :

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team....ate=2010-02-27

Sens have $1,400,156 of cap space, meaning they could acquire a player with a full-season cap hit of $6,141,593

Donovan's cap hit is $625,000...

BUT, they already have 23 players on the roster (and the max is 23), which consists of 14 forwards, 7 Defencemen and 2 goalies. Only 5 D-men are healthy and 6 if Karlsson comes back. So if they trade for a D-man without trading a roster player, they'll need a roster spot for him
I think the Sens have a lot less cap space than that. I don't know the actual number but I think it is a lot closer to being able to pick up no more than a 2.5-3 million player not near 6.1 million. I could be wrong but I think with all the call-ups from injuries through the season the Sens may need to get rid of salary to make a move for a higher paid UFA D-Man.

Frankly I really hope you are right and not me!!!!!!!

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2010 Sens Rule View Post
I think the Sens have a lot less cap space than that. I don't know the actual number but I think it is a lot closer to being able to pick up no more than a 2.5-3 million player not near 6.1 million. I could be wrong but I think with all the call-ups from injuries through the season the Sens may need to get rid of salary to make a move for a higher paid UFA D-Man.

Frankly I really hope you are right and not me!!!!!!!
Well, i didn't give you my opinion but the facts that are shown by capgeek, who is the most reliable source about the salary cap. So, unless capgeek made a mistake, the figures are as exact as it gets. They even have the cap situation day by day

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote