HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What gear will get you "chirped" at? (Besides a tinted visor)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
hemsky88

vCash: 500
The only thing i've seen is a shiny gold color stick..... lets just say he is an easy target.

Old
02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
TuukkaTime

I have Mission Fuels! For Pond and Street Hockey though..and they don't have those ridiculously ******** color schemes, just simple red white and blue..not random yellow pink or lime green..

Old
02-27-2010, 09:39 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
You need to remember that hockey is a fashion show first and actually playing hockey is second.
HaHa, good call. It's an interesting double standard isn't it. The people doing the chipring are the ones setting the trends....be like us of get ragged on. So if everyone wore pink gloves but you, you'd run the risk of getting chirped.

This thread gets funnier and funnier each time I check in.

Old
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
You want to talk double standard, a few of the guys here trying to be morally superior have no problem chirping for other "fashionable" reasons. ie sweater tuck

Old
02-27-2010, 09:46 PM
DogFoodEnforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloyd75 View Post
At least his pads cover his laces for the most part.

I had the pleasure of playing on a team with pink jerseys one time. Not hot pink, but baby girl pink. Absolutely brutal. Yes, we got comments. Fortunately, we were a pretty good team so it kind of shut people up a bit.

I still wear the pink jersey from time to time when playing in goal in one of my leagues. Its a mixed skill draft league, so we all pretty much know each other and are on good terms for the most part so it gets a good laugh when I wear it.
my beer league team uses the retro kings jerseys (bright yellow and purple). At the start of the season there was a lot of chirping from guys, but we just laugh at it. who cares if our jerseys are bright? now guys dont even mention it.

Old
02-27-2010, 10:09 PM
glasgow26

what's wrong with wearing a fishbowl? Assuming those are the helmets with full clear face masks. I wear one and love it because it doesn't impair my vision like a cage would

Old
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Wile E Coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
what's wrong with wearing a fishbowl? Assuming those are the helmets with full clear face masks. I wear one and love it because it doesn't impair my vision like a cage would
I always chirp guys with these.. j*zz shield haha..

Old
02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
LarryO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Because a lot of people think they look stupid.
So a lot of people think that the whole Canadian Junior team and the whole U.S. junior team look stupid for wearing 3-point shields?

Old
02-28-2010, 04:34 AM
densetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
So a lot of people think that the whole Canadian Junior team and the whole U.S. junior team look stupid for wearing 3-point shields?
Those are just kids; if you wear a cage or a three-point visor then you're a pansy. Obviously!

/s

Old
02-28-2010, 05:13 AM
MJAYK

Quote:

Evgeni Malkin, Jere Lehtinen..

Old
02-28-2010, 08:53 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I find it funny that people are actually asking if something that they want to do will get chirped. Who gives a rats ass? Are you going to play hockey to impress the other guys? Maybe if girls start chirping at you for the crap you're wearing, it'll be one thing. However, who cares what other guys think? Just do your thing and play some hockey.

Old
02-28-2010, 09:24 AM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:

Short answer is yes and they have to wear that gear

Old
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
rinkrat22

you just hit the nail on the head, IF you are worried about getting teased OR are getting teased and you are thinking about that. YOU have effectively been taken out of the game. The whole point of someone chirping you. It is a tactic in the game, if you are mad at someone or embarrassed or whatever you aren't focusing on playing the game. Now you can say all you want that you dont care about winning before the game or after the game but you care about winning during the game. so if a player can take you off your game without breaking the rules who is at fault? we can claim to be out for fun, to drink post game beers to see old buddies but we all want to win its just what are we willing to do to win. Go out and skate some pick up to stay fresh? have beer league team practices? play in more than one league? have PP & PK lines? maybe running your mouth on the ice? maybe a little stick work? maybe a elbow in the corner(GORDIE)? Cross check a guy in the back in front of the net? so how big of a deal is giving someone some flak over their gear, you guys that are whinning about getting teased need to try a easier sport.

Old
02-28-2010, 09:50 AM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFoodEnforcer View Post
my beer league team uses the retro kings jerseys (bright yellow and purple). At the start of the season there was a lot of chirping from guys, but we just laugh at it. who cares if our jerseys are bright? now guys dont even mention it.
In that situation they are just jealous, I would be too. Those are some badass jerseys and Im bein serious really love em.

Old
02-28-2010, 09:55 AM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Maybe if girls start chirping at you for the crap you're wearing, it'll be one thing.
My sister always chirps me about what I wear...but thats just my normal clothes lol

Old
02-28-2010, 09:59 AM
RememberRoger*

this isn't really a 'gear' item, but oh christ, i've got an entire ball hockey LEAGUE you'd laugh at, or scorn at the very least:

-out of shape 40-somethings screaming obscenities at each other at the slightest perceived injustice

-team colluding to bring in ex-NCAA Div. 1/ex-ECHL player (and this ringer is an elitist ********* who plays the entire game; sandbags the refs prior to each puck drop to catch his breath).
essentially, a minor pro hockey player who couldn't cut it, taking his frustrations out on some local hacks... b.s.

-following season, same team colluding to bring in an ex-division 1 varsity practice goalie (other ringer's teammate from college)-- claimed he was a 'defenceman' then debuted with 2 consecutive shutouts.

fwiw, this sham cheater team wins the league championship EVERY year.

-commissioner who fellates any Canadians who sign up, yet treats existing U.S.-born players like crap.

-guys who wear 99 and 66 (guy who wears 66 is at least skilled; 99? not so much)

-team-obligated ref duties, 90% of whom have no idea how to interpret the rulebook; have zero idea what they're calling; too afraid to whistle the various big mouths for 10-min misconducts because they don't want to get yelled at.

again, this is all a local rec ball hockey league.

it used to be waaaaaaay better about 10 yrs ago before it began taking itself so seriously, before they alienated a large chunk of the league's charter members, when it was about chugging beers, next-goal wagering and spinning fatties.

Old
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberRoger View Post
this isn't really a 'gear' item, but oh christ, i've got an entire ball hockey LEAGUE you'd laugh at, or scorn at the very least:

-out of shape 40-somethings screaming obscenities at each other at the slightest perceived injustice

-team colluding to bring in ex-NCAA Div. 1/ex-ECHL player (and this ringer is an elitist ********* who plays the entire game; sandbags the refs prior to each puck drop to catch his breath).
essentially, a minor pro hockey player who couldn't cut it, taking his frustrations out on some local hacks... b.s.

-following season, same team colluding to bring in an ex-division 1 varsity practice goalie (other ringer's teammate from college)-- claimed he was a 'defenceman' then debuted with 2 consecutive shutouts.

fwiw, this sham cheater team wins the league championship EVERY year.

-commissioner who fellates any Canadians who sign up, yet treats existing U.S.-born players like crap.

-guys who wear 99 and 66 (guy who wears 66 is at least skilled; 99? not so much)

-team-obligated ref duties, 90% of whom have no idea how to interpret the rulebook; have zero idea what they're calling; too afraid to whistle the various big mouths for 10-min misconducts because they don't want to get yelled at.

again, this is all a local rec ball hockey league.

it used to be waaaaaaay better about 10 yrs ago before it began taking itself so seriously, before they alienated a large chunk of the league's charter members, when it was about chugging beers, next-goal wagering and spinning fatties.
Damn sounds like a pretty piss poor league....guess its the only one anywhere near ya. My condolences. =\

Old
02-28-2010, 03:47 PM
canuck44

Last night I was playing pick up and there was a guy completely dressed in Red wings gear. Everything red. He even had the wings logo & NHL logo on his pants.

Old
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Wear what you want, it's your gear, not the other players. That's as stupid as not wearing the fashion of clothing you like most because ppl will chirp you. Let them talk if they want, if anything they will take you lightly and you have more of an advantage.

Old
02-28-2010, 04:38 PM
rinkrat22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
Last night I was playing pick up and there was a guy completely dressed in Red wings gear. Everything red. He even had the wings logo & NHL logo on his pants.
how many gordie howe's did you throw at him?

Old
02-28-2010, 04:40 PM
canuck44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat22 View Post
how many gordie howe's did you throw at him?
Nah I'm not much for chirping. Some of us had a good laugh on the bench about him though

Old
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Quote:
That means he bought pro return pants, which is a great way to get great gear at cheap prices.
Going the full monty is always a tad much though.

Old
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
canuck44

Oh and he had a S19. He looked like he was ready to jump into a wings practice

He wasn't a crappy player, but he was apparently incapable of making decisions. Had decent speed, not shabby hands/shot, but he always made the crappiest passes.

Old
02-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
HaHa, good call. It's an interesting double standard isn't it. The people doing the chipring are the ones setting the trends....be like us of get ragged on. So if everyone wore pink gloves but you, you'd run the risk of getting chirped.

This thread gets funnier and funnier each time I check in.
Well it is true isn't it what you said.

These are the kind of practices that get the uncool kids spit on in school when in fact they are just as good as anyone else but dress differently.

I had better go buy some $600 skates to fit in ....

I just think I am a little beyond highschool and really do not care if anybody likes MY rollerhockey pants for ice hockey. kiss me but eh.

I do make fun of our goalie though who wears neon pink skate laces ... but I am always messing with him like checking him into his own net after a whistle while skating by.

He deserves it ... like when I ask him if he feels safe with all that gear on and then I start spearing him everywhere several times until he can't stop laughing.

Old
03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
Quote:
He wasn't a crappy player, but he was apparently incapable of making decisions. Had decent speed, not shabby hands/shot, but he always made the crappiest passes.
Huh, sounds like me at most pickups.

Closed Thread