HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Potential deal with Florida

Old
02-28-2010, 07:46 AM
SomE

vCash: 500
Potential deal with Florida

Now I don't have many sources.. And I'm not the most liked poster. But I did break the Tavares trade to London (look it up). I am hearing the Rangers are having deep talks with Florida. The only set name I know of is Girardi. It seems a deal is 100% going to happen. Move this thread if you want.. I'm just sayin

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Vitto79

it's not really a rumor with no link but I would not be shocked if this is true. We have heard they are talking yet some like McKenzie say that's not true

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Melrose_Jr.

We've heard about these "discussions" from a few people for a while now, but there hasn't been any updates through the Olympics. I'm going to change the thread title and see if anyone else can add new info.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Levitate

I seem to remember SomE having some legit rumors before but maybe I'm making that up.

That being said, we know the Rangers have been talking to Florida a lot. Girardi's name being in there is new but not surprising...again I don't really have a problem with moving Girardi. He's in line for a raise, his play is somewhat inconsistent and overall is someone I keep thinking the Rangers could upgrade if they want to keep playing him a lot of minutes. But he's solid enough to have some trade value.

The question is whether they have something lined up for a defenseman in return or are they comfortable calling yet another player up.

I'm wary about Booth but if it was mainly centered around Booth for Girardi, I wouldn't feel too bad

vvvvv - I'm assuming Booth is the target, since we've heard a lot about the Rangers being interested, his value may be low coming off the injury and all of that, and Florida thinking they want to move him in case he doesn't recover, etc.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:58 AM
NYRangers09

Can someone tell me what trade we could be doing with Florida with Girardi as the centerpiece (assuming Sather is not parting with the core, Dubi Cally, MDZ, and such) ?

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 08:23 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
Can someone tell me what trade we could be doing with Florida with Girardi as the centerpiece (assuming Sather is not parting with the core, Dubi Cally, MDZ, and such) ?
I don't think Girardi would be the centerpiece...if we are going after anyone in FLA it is probably one of Horton, Weiss, Booth, Frolik, Ballard or someone like that. If we are going to go for those guys we will probably have to give something up.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Levitate

Like I said, I have some doubts Booth has a high value right now. His trade value is probably at an all time low at the moment

Old
02-28-2010, 09:18 AM
UAGoalieGuy

I didn't realize Booth is signed until through the 2014-15 season for a $4.25 million cap hit. Rangers would have to send more salary back to Florida then Girardi or send a player like Rozsival to another team in a seperate deal (May be to the Kings like the other rumored trade the Rangers could be making when the trade freeze ends).

That long of contract with for that much money makes me worry a little bit with Booth coming off a major concussion this season.

I don't know how a deal would work out between the two teams and the Rangers staying cap compliant, not to mention not having to bring up another 2 d-man because they would have to trade Rozsival or waive Redden to make it work, in addition to including Girardi in a deal for Booth.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:19 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Girardi for Booth would be good.

I like Girardi, but he isn't assertive enough at times, and we need scoring depth moving forward.

Booth has size, he's 25.

He just got caught blind sided to the head by that punk Richards.

If he is 100% healthy, this would be a good deal for us.

Hopefully no prospects or picks go in the deal.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:22 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Here is Dagoon's Most Recent Tweet:

Quote:
Booth Horton Tarnasky Weiss Clemmenson Jordan Leopold Bryan Allen Campbell Dennis Seidenberg the names i heard Fla will listen to offers on
http://twitter.com/Dagoon44

May be Rangers are shooting for Leopold and/or Allen as well as Booth?

Old
02-28-2010, 09:24 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Girardi for Booth would be good.

I like Girardi, but he isn't assertive enough at times, and we need scoring depth moving forward.

Booth has size, he's 25.

He just got caught blind sided to the head by that punk Richards.

If he is 100% healthy, this would be a good deal for us.

Hopefully no prospects or picks go in the deal.
I think it would be a good deal as well, but the Rangers have to make up the difference in cap space because Booth makes $4.25 million and Girardi only makes $1.55 million.

Old
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
vvvvv - I'm assuming Booth is the target, since we've heard a lot about the Rangers being interested, his value may be low coming off the injury and all of that, and Florida thinking they want to move him in case he doesn't recover, etc.
I haven't seen Booth play since he's been back, but really, his entire season has been shocking. I agree that he has very little value. It's not helped by the fact that his contract is backloaded and he'll be earning more than his cap hit after next season. Could be a very expensive dice roll in terms of real money.

Florida has a lot of those backloaded contracts though. I can see how a frontloaded contract, like Rozsvial's, could very appealing to a team looking to bring their budget down.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Levitate

not really a huge fan of Leopold

Old
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

I don't think that there are any core pieces involved in this deal.

Girardi, Sanguinetti, - some b-level prospects are probably involved. Even Lisin or such, Florida might want to take a chance on. But I highly doubt Staal, MDZ, Callahan, Anisimov are going the other way and 95% sure Dubinsky isn't unless it's for Horton...

I don't really consider Gilroy a part of the core to our future.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:40 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
not really a huge fan of Leopold
I was just looking at players who log a good deal of minutes to replace the minutes that Girardi plays. Leopold averages over 22 minutes per game. Allen averages over 18 minutes and Seidenberg averages almost 23 minutes. I think Seidenberg is going to cost the most in terms of assets in a trade. Both Leopold and Seidenberg are UFA's at seasons end, I believe.

The Rangers can't deal one or both of Girardi/Roszival and not get a D-man back that can play some serious minutes. The Rangers would be taking a step forward offensively but taking two steps back defensively. Unless Sather has other contigent deals in place to go along with the trade to Florida to bring back one or two D-men from other teams.

We also have to remember that the Rangers are at the 50 NHL contract limit now as well.

Old
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

The trade freeze ends tonight at midnight correct?

Anyone know if a trade can happen right at that second and be reported? You'd have to think a few trades are already done but they are waiting till the freeze is lifted.

Oh and anyone know if it is 12AM Eastern time?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:50 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
The trade freeze ends tonight at midnight correct?

Anyone know if a trade can happen right at that second and be reported? You'd have to think a few trades are already done but they are waiting till the freeze is lifted.

Oh and anyone know if it is 12AM Eastern time?
I'm sure teams could have all the paperwork ready to submit to the league for around the 12 am EST lift of the trade freeze. I'm sure the NHL is going to have people working OT tonight for this reason. And yes, the time is EST.

Old
02-28-2010, 10:11 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

David Booth is untouchable according to new separate reports

Quote:
Horton says the players are trying to put the trade stuff behind them. Word is, only a handful of players are untouchable with the Panthers right now – and Horton isn't one of them.

The players believed to be off limits for trade talk are young players like Dmitry Kulikov, Michael Frolik, David Booth and that's about it.

That doesn't mean a whole lot of players will be moved between Monday and Wednesday's trade deadline. A few will, for sure. But I would think some of the Panthers big moves – if there are any – would wait until the draft when you can get a much better return for your money since no one is in the middle of a playoff run during June.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...vs-atl-de.html

Quote:
GM Randy Sexton said last night no player is off limits, but I think David Booth, Michael Frolik and Dmitry Kulikov are safe. I absolutely don’t see any of those players being traded.

Nathan Horton probably not, either, especially considering Sexton said last night no trade would be as big as getting Nathan Horton back. Maybe Stephen Weiss? But this team is already so thin on centers and he’s one of Coach Pete DeBoer’s boys from their days together in juniors.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...you-trade.html

Horton is still not skating because of pain in his leg(recovering from broken foot).

A deal centered around Dubinsky and Girardi for a package involving Weiss,one of their group III D(Seidenberg or Leopold)and another asset. Weiss is still a young player who turns 27 this April. Signed to an affordable deal with $3.1 million cap hit until 2013.

Florida has some ugly ass contracts on that team. The Rangers can't afford them without sending back their problems.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Weiss for Dubinsky would be terrible.

Weiss is smaller and older.

Does he play physical? I know he has skill. But I can't seem to remember him being all that physical.

Dubinsky wouldve scored 20 goals this year had he not been injured.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Vitto79

[QUOTE=RangerBoy;24167981]David Booth is untouchable according to new separate reports

Only way I would be ok with Dubi going to Florida is with Rozsival for Weiss, Leopold, Seidenberg( both UFA's) then sending Gilroy down for more cap space and seasoning. I still count on Gilroy for next yr.

Weiss can C Gabby. I would hate to see Dubi go though the kid has heart. I do have a feeling Weiss has good character to though

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:12 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Florida is crazy if they trade Booth for Girardi. Also, this organization has bad luck with players with concussion histories.

I wouldn't trade Dubinsky in a package for Weiss, but I would love to have Weiss on this team.

How about Girardi, Lisin and a 2nd for Weiss?

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:15 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Florida is crazy if they trade Booth for Girardi. Also, this organization has bad luck with players with concussion histories.

I wouldn't trade Dubinsky in a package for Weiss, but I would love to have Weiss on this team.

if your florida would u trade a 1b/2nd line center for a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman. an ahl caliber winger and a 2nd rounder?

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

If Girardi goes aren't we short on D-men? (Assuming we wouldn't be getting one back which I'm not sure I want any of Florida's d-men that could be had for Danny G)

I absolutely don't want Duby to go anywhere.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:24 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post

I'd be willing to give more. Weiss is underrated and just entering his prime.

Girardi, Lisin, Potter, 2nd?

Girardi, Sangs, 2nd?

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Potter holds almost no value. Neither does lisin.

Look for Girardi+Dubinsky for Weiss or Girardi+Anisimov+4th for Weiss.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote