HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Potential deal with Florida

Old
02-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Richter35

vCash: 500
i'd be happy with lisin + Girardi for Seidenberg and a 2nd/3rd

Instant upgrade on D and we free up a couple of contracts while recouping the pick we lost for boyle

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:41 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Weiss is being highly undervalued by most here.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:08 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Weiss for Dubinsky would be terrible.

Weiss is smaller and older.

Does he play physical? I know he has skill. But I can't seem to remember him being all that physical.

Dubinsky wouldve scored 20 goals this year had he not been injured.
Weiss has already hit 20 goals. He has twice the talent Dubinsky has and he's a tremendous playmaker. Have you ever seen this goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfYOBOpxGM

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:10 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Guys, I like a healthy Booth as much as the next guy, but with his style of play and one very recent very major concussion under his belt I think it would be a colassal mistake for him to be the target.

Stay awy from the walking wounded. They NEVER work out to your benefit.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Guys, I like a healthy Booth as much as the next guy, but with his style of play and one very recent very major concussion under his belt I think it would be a colassal mistake for him to be the target.

Booth is one of my favorite players, and even I don't wanna touch him. Go after Weiss. He's better than Horton IMO, and he's a PLAYMAKING CENTERMAN. Which is EXACTLY what we need. He could easily put up 85 points consitentley playing with Gabork.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
EEL

Why would Florida be giving up on Booth? Doesn't make sense unless he's damaged goods. Stay away!
If he can't play with reckless abandon he losses his value.

EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Michal Rozsival and Marian Gaborik say hi.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
Booth is one of my favorite players, and even I don't wanna touch him. Go after Weiss. He's better than Horton IMO, and he's a PLAYMAKING CENTERMAN. Which is EXACTLY what we need. He could easily put up 85 points consitentley playing with Gabork.
Gaborik doesnt really need a playmaking centerman...its the other lines that seem to need it.

Old
02-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Michal Rozsival and Marian Gaborik say hi.
Really going to the Rozi well on that one?

The guy's been better lately, I'll give you that but come on! After the surgery he's been a shell of his former self. Plays scared, weak, doesn't shoot... can't pass... can't keep the puck in at the blueline... hesitates... blah blah blah

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post

The guy's been better lately, I'll give you that but come on! After the surgery he's been a shell of his former self. Plays scared, weak, doesn't shoot... can't pass... can't keep the puck in at the blueline... hesitates... blah blah blah
Shell of his former self? Rozsival was a NOTHING before he became a Ranger, he turned himself into a reliable top end 2nd pairing defenseman. Since he became a Ranger hes played no fewer than 76 games a season, and will likely have played 80+ games in 4 out of his 5 seasons here...before he came here he was one of the "walking wounded" so to speak.

he was a hell of a signing for us after the lockout, anyone who says otherwise is just a plain old hater.

Old
02-28-2010, 12:30 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
We've heard about these "discussions" from a few people for a while now, but there hasn't been any updates through the Olympics. I'm going to change the thread title and see if anyone else can add new info.
Thats because its a trade-freeze until after the gold medal game tonight / midnight.What possible updates could we hear other than the actual trade iself?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Weiss is small, though.

I like him as a player, he typically always gives the Rangers problems when we play the Panthers.

But I'm concerned about his size, we have some tough teams in our division.

I don't see a Dubinsky for Weiss trade as an upgrade.

I'm more concerned about bringing in a young scoring winger for the second line.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:

Hello, I'm michal Rozsival and i've done all those things well before any surgeries.

Except for the passing,He's a good passer when he's not scared to do it like he's about to get hit a train.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

He's had his best seasons as a Ranger.

Regardless, isn't the point made that a player with injuries problems can be healthy?

02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
not really a huge fan of Leopold
Not really a huge fan of anyone on this team. How can they be sellers when they have nothing to offer. And Booth is untouchable lol? Between Boumeester (who is probably loving the fact he's not playing for Fla. any more), Weiss, and Horton, the 3 have lead the Panthers to 0 playoff appearances.

Not that the Rangers have anything to boast about, but the last time the Panthers even won a playoff game was in 97'. They now realize this core group is not getting them anywhere so the only option they have is to start over.

This is a franchise desperate for more draft picks and/or prospects. All they need is an organization they can sucker into making a deal to get what they want. Who better than the Rangers? They have the track record. Sather would be the first moron I'd call up (he probably called the Panthers first).

And i don't believe Booth is untouchable. If the Panthers G.M. said that, it's a bluff. He has to make it seem like someone on his current roster is a "real special player," who no one will get. Yea right. Throw some first and second round draft choices his way, you'll see how untouchable Booth is.

Unless this team is willing to take at least one of Sather's finest multi year signings off the payroll (which of course is not what they're looking to do), or part ways with some of their high end draft picks (not looking to do that either), I see no reason to make any kind of a deal with the Panthers.

Let the Flyers trade some more 1st round draft picks for Weiss or Horton. Or maybe even Toronto (but for Kessel. At least that deal was good for both teams).

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Weiss is small, though.

I like him as a player, he typically always gives the Rangers problems when we play the Panthers.

But I'm concerned about his size, we have some tough teams in our division.

I don't see a Dubinsky for Weiss trade as an upgrade.

I'm more concerned about bringing in a young scoring winger for the second line.
Dubinsky can be that 2nd line winger. They need a few things going forward.

1) Playmaker(wing or center) to play on one of the top-2 lines

2) Big physical defenseman

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:38 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:

Does he play physical? I know he has skill. But I can't seem to remember him being all that physical.

Weiss for Dubinsky would be terrible... So what if he is smaller, and a whopping three years older??? He is a very good two way player, and looks should hit 25-30 goals this season. He is a good leader, and would be a welcome to the Rangers. With that being said, I wouldnt trade him, one for one, for Dubinsky.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the Rangers are already one of if not the softest team in the NHL...im not talking about goons...im talking about size and snarl. trading away dubinsky would undoubtedly make us the sissiest team in the NHL. just sayin.

Old
02-28-2010, 12:46 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Shell of his former self? Rozsival was a NOTHING before he became a Ranger, he turned himself into a reliable top end 2nd pairing defenseman. Since he became a Ranger hes played no fewer than 76 games a season, and will likely have played 80+ games in 4 out of his 5 seasons here...before he came here he was one of the "walking wounded" so to speak.

he was a hell of a signing for us after the lockout, anyone who says otherwise is just a plain old hater.
Rozsival was a very fine d-men in his pitsburgh days.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:

do you mean long term? because at the very least short term, Weiss >>> Dubinsky. If that was a blanket statement, your vague put downs do not sound very informed. Besides, (let me exaggerate to make a point here) did Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman play physical?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Weiss for Dubinsky would be terrible... So what if he is smaller, and a whopping three years older??? He is a very good two way player, and looks should hit 25-30 goals this season. He is a good leader, and would be a welcome to the Rangers. With that being said, I wouldnt trade him, one for one, for Dubinsky.
No that won't happen. The Rangers will give up more youth.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 12:50 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Rozsival was a very fine d-men in his pitsburgh days.
I disagree unless by very fine d-man you mean decent. I remember he always had these timely goals against the Rangers but otherwise he was just a decent or good d-man (not very good or very fine but I guess I am being unnecessarily nit-picky ). He really stepped up his game when he joined us and Jagr.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
the Rangers are already one of if not the softest team in the NHL...im not talking about goons...im talking about size and snarl. trading away dubinsky would undoubtedly make us the sissiest team in the NHL. just sayin.
I keep reading this, but I really haven't seen Dubinsky bring much of a physical game this season.

With Dubinsky, you just can't seem to get the total package. Either he's creating offense and putting up points, but sacrificing the physical side of the game, or he's doing the opposite and being moderately effective physically. I understand the reluctance to drop the gloves after breaking his hand, but I just don't see him as a vital physical presence.

Size and snarl are useless if you're still unable to put points on the board.

It'll be interesting to see if we can get a good player out of Florida. I think a lot of people are underrating Weiss.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborikEqualsGod1995 View Post
Weiss has already hit 20 goals. He has twice the talent Dubinsky has and he's a tremendous playmaker. Have you ever seen this goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfYOBOpxGM
I actually think he's being overrated.

Please don't try to sell me on a player by posting a link of a highlight reel goal. Allow me to introduce you to Enver Lisin. A very nice collection of highlight reel goals with Phoenix, but there's a reason they traded him for KORPIKOSKI. Weiss is a nice complimentary player. That is all. He'd be nice to have, but I'm not willing to give up anything of value for him unless we're the ones saving cap space in the long run, which we likely wouldn't be.

I think even trading Girardi for him is a mistake. Why add more salary beyond this year at this point?? Plus, we can get a better deal sprucing up Girardi+ for something else, imo. Only thing I feel safe taking off Florida's hands right now is Seidenberg. Don't want Horton for free with that contract and his attitude + injury. Booth I like as a player but he's a risk at this point at 4+ per for a number of years. It's not a given that he'll return to a 30/30 player after a hefty concussion. Just trade a mid-prospect or a 4th + roster player for Seidenberg and be done with it, please.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I don't know if he is overrated or underrated, but Weiss is better than Dubinsky if you're looking for offense, which this team is.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote