HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vokoun will be a BlackHawk !

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's not the same thing.

1. Vokoun is still signed for next year. Bouwmeester wasn't.
2. Vokoun hasn't had problems in his stay here. It was pretty clear that Bouwmeester didn't care much for Florida.
3. Bouwmeester gave Martin a list of teams he wanted to be traded to. (as far as I know, Vokoun hasn't done such a thing)

Also...Bouwmeester's value was way higher than Vokoun's right now. We could've gotten a lot for Bouwmeester because just about every team wanted him, and still wants him. #1 defensemen at Bouwmeester's age give a far better return than a goaltender with Vokoun's age/cap hit.

This is not anywhere near the same thing.
1- i was obviously referring to next year when his contract expires which would be the same as Bouw
2- what do you know what's inside Vokoun's mind? for all we know he is tired of getting peppered here and is just anxious to get the heck out..bouwmeester looks indifferent and uniterested in any situation anywhere at any time, Vokoun is more professional in his manner that's all
3- he hasn't (that we know of), but that doesn't mean he is willing to be traded anywhere either, and i'm 100% positive if tomorrow was the expiration of his contract he would not want to sign with us again

the cap hit and age you have a point, but Vokoun's value right now is the highest he's ever had and will ever be, and you still miss the point, the point is not if the situation is exactly like Bouw's, the point was that the result would be the same, letting him go for nothing

Old
02-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
1- i was obviously referring to next year when his contract expires which would be the same as Bouw
2- what do you know what's inside Vokoun's mind? for all we know he is tired of getting peppered here and is just anxious to get the heck out..bouwmeester looks indifferent and uniterested in any situation anywhere at any time, Vokoun is more professional in his manner that's all
3- he hasn't (that we know of), but that doesn't mean he is willing to be traded anywhere either, and i'm 100% positive if tomorrow was the expiration of his contract he would not want to sign with us again

the cap hit and age you have a point, but Vokoun's value right now is the highest he's ever had and will ever be, and you still miss the point, the point is not if the situation is exactly like Bouw's, the point was that the result would be the same, letting him go for nothing
Or...he just leaves and we spend his money in free agency on other players, and start building for the Markstrom era.

Also, my point about him being under contract next year (unlike Bo was)...it just shows that we don't have to rush if a trade, if we do indeed make a trade.

Old
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Or...he just leaves and we spend his money in free agency on other players, and start building for the Markstrom era.

Also, my point about him being under contract next year (unlike Bo was)...it just shows that we don't have to rush if a trade, if we do indeed make a trade.
my, you sure have a nice way of looking at things don't you...sure as hell makes me feel a lot better now about Bouw..he just left and we are now using the money we would have used to pay him to pay other players lols...

Old
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
my, you sure have a nice way of looking at things don't you...sure as hell makes me feel a lot better now about Bouw..he just left and we are now using the money we would have used to pay him to pay other players lols...
I'm just giving you the possibilities.
Forgive me for thinking differently than you, geez. We get it, you want to trade Vokoun. A lot of people do. I don't. Leave it at that? It really makes no difference, it's Randy Sexton's call, not ours.

Old
02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
I'm just giving you the possibilities.
Forgive me for thinking differently than you, geez. We get it, you want to trade Vokoun. A lot of people do. I don't. Leave it at that? It really makes no difference, it's Randy Sexton's call, not ours.
well, forgive me for thinking that that was an illogical possibility...sure let's leave it at that...i just pray for the Panther's sake and any organization's sake that their general manager doesn't think that letting go of their best and highest valued player for nothing is fine because the money they would have used to pay him is now just allocated to paying another...i'm sorry man, it's just that, we are the Panthers, we are not going to sign a high profile free agent, and we need player"s" not a single player, we have already tried that strategy it doesn't work

Old
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
With the recent Chicago trade today I suspect this is a move to bring in a legit #1 goaltender... I still think Vokoun lands in Chicago.

Old
03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
With the recent Chicago trade today I suspect this is a move to bring in a legit #1 goaltender... I still think Vokoun lands in Chicago.
I see the cap being a major hurdle for that deal.

Old
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
True, but Now Chicago has 3 almost legit NHL goaltenders... something stinks.

Old
03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
True, but Now Chicago has 3 almost legit NHL goaltenders... something stinks.

Huet = Legit NHL goalie
Niemi = Legit NHL goalie
Crawford = Legit NHL prospect

Toivanon = Sucks!

So we have 2 NHL goalies , Good prosect + Bust

Old
03-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Huet = Legit NHL goalie
Niemi = Legit NHL goalie
Crawford = Legit NHL prospect

Toivanon = Sucks!

So we have 2 NHL goalies , Good prosect + Bust
The Deal today spelled that another deal with Crawford may be on the way and they wanted a starter in the AHL and someone who can be a solid Backup in next year or 2years away (aka Toivanen)

Old
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
The Deal today spelled that another deal with Crawford may be on the way and they wanted a starter in the AHL and someone who can be a solid Backup in next year or 2years away (aka Toivanen)
I'll consider this the death knell on this Vokoun rumor until proven otherwise.