HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vokoun unlikely to be dealt.

Old
02-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
I really think Florida wanted Beach, 1st + Versteeg for him. But Bowman said no. (by now)

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
The dude is such a stud. I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it again: why in the world would you trade him? Especially for a draft pick and a roster player, both of whom are likely to not be nearly as good at their respective positions as Vokoun?

The dude is easily top ten in the league, I'd put him in my top 5 but that's just me. Why move a guy like that? That's not re-building, that's just idiocy.
And we shot you down in that thread too. Not trading him would be straight stupidity.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
And we shot you down in that thread too. Not trading him would be straight stupidity.
For sure. They are unlikely to retain him past season, especially with Jacob Markstrom in the system, and this deadline may be the time where they can get max value in return for him. If Sexton really is going to enter a re-build with the Panthers, then Vokoun isn't likely to be in the long term plans and having him on the roster for next season really means nothing if they aren't expecting to be playoff contenders.

At the same time, moving him for whatever they can get doesn't make sense either. A 1st round pick and young roster player or good prospect is a must in any deal.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
FlaPanthers7

Sexton recently said not to read too much into this trade deadline. Whatever doesn't happen by Wednesday, it's only phase 1 of retooling the roster. Phase 2 is the draft where he specifically said it's easier to make trades b/c you're not dealing with the same cap issues like you are at the trade deadline. I would expect due to Vokoun's salary that he'd likely be traded at the draft.

That is, unless someone blows Sexton's socks off at the deadline.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. Trading him would be a huge mistake.
Especially for Huet.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote