HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Luck

Old
02-28-2010, 09:22 PM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Johnson panicked behind the net and passed the puck to Rafalski who then had the turnover. I don't think Suter was on the ice.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 09:52 PM
OpenWheel

Rafalski then. His 28 looked like a 20 to me at the time.

Sure, Johnson shouldn't have tossed the puck there, but Rafalski was the one who had it stolen right off his stick after he took a stride. Glad that wasn't Suter.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 10:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The team that was projected to win gold before the tournament start pulled it off ... but, they didn't dominate at all. Taken to OT twice, lost in regulation once. They should be glad the medal round format has changed in the past 30 years.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 11:43 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

It was definitely a good game. Obviously I would rather be celebrating a gold medal right now, but there is nothing wrong with silver, and the US certainly gave Canada a run for its money. I'm sure every Canadian's (both players and fans) mouths were gaping open when we scored with just seconds left. Everyone assumed it was over. The outcome was the same, but we made it go on just a little bit longer. That was extremely exciting and a moment in history that will never be forgotten.

I had the best time at Bleacher's for 303's viewing party. They put on a hell of an event and I'm very grateful to Jeremy and Codey and all others who helped with that. Thanks guys!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I had the best time at Bleacher's for 303's viewing party. They put on a hell of an event and I'm very grateful to Jeremy and Codey and all others who helped with that. Thanks guys!
Don't know if you guys heard at the event, but Olyczyk gave the Nashville viewing party major props after the game live on national television...

Congrats to Jeremy and Codey for organizing the event and representing our community with great pride!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Milly79

I heard it. Honestly, it gave me butterflies to hear him announce it. I wish I were there, rather than sitting on my couch shaking the entire game.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:13 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm so sad USA lost. BUT, I'm so very proud of the way that Suter and Weber played and the fact that they play for the NASHVILLE Predators!

Unbelievable game, it was so even. US put a scare into them that's for sure. Only a couple of mistakes, and that unfortunately resulted in a goal for canada. I admit, when Parise tied the game, I teared up a bit. I just knew they would pull it out. But, it wasn't meant to be.

I'm glad there weren't a lot of penalties. I think after the refs evened up the calls at 2-2 they decided that unless it was so unbelievably obvious they weren't going to call anything.

A Silver medal, although stinging right now, is so awesome. NO ONE thought this US team was going to be any more than a 5th or 6th place team. But you can never count out the Americans!!

And this was a good team, a young team that can grow and be a force in the coming years. Also, there are some good young guys from all over the US that are playing in juniors to someday compete for spots on US rosters.

I can't stand Ryan Miller the Buffalo Sabre, but I Heart Ryan Miller the US Goalie!

I'm happy that the GWG was scored by someone I like (he was waaay to quiet during regulation of the game and was bound to be a factor somehow). If the US had to lose, I'm happy it was Crosby, although if Weber had done it that would have been even cooler.

Hey, 2 out of 3 Gold Medals this year in hockey isn't bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Don't know if you guys heard at the event, but Olyczyk gave the Nashville viewing party major props after the game live on national television...

Congrats to Jeremy and Codey for organizing the event and representing our community with great pride!!!
I wasn't there, but I did hear that!!

I also heard all fricking Olympics long, "xx player of the Nashville Predators" or "xx formerly of the Nashville Predators". I didn't hear, "xx of the DRW", or SJS or Pens, etc. a lot either. I mean it was like Freeman paid the announcers to purposely say whenever our guys had the puck that he played for the Preds. It was awesome!!

The Predator name was all over the Olympics!

Oh I hate that we lost, but I'm proud of the team..... USA! USA! USA! USA!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote