HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Finland - End of an era - Appreciation!!

Old
02-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Pure

vCash: 500
I don't think the Fins have to worry. Rask is a great goalie and will be dominant in 2014. Add that with a bunch of young guys and vets and you can do the same thing the Americans are doing this year and be the surprise in sochi.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Adversary

Congrats FINLAND!

Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BLUE View Post
The Canadian NHL panel (McKenzie, Darreng Pang etc.) all agreed last night that Teemu is the nicest player they have ever known in the NHL...that says a lot since there are hundreds of players, and he's been around for 18 years.
Yeah I should have remembered to mention that. He is one of those guys who are just unreal. He taught kindergarten during the day, DOMINATED Finnish league in the evenings, and he was like 20 years old. I wonder if he spent the nights hunting criminals in a superhero suit? He did volunteer work for childrens hospital, donated a boatload of money and equipment to them both in Finland and in North America. And at the same time he is one of the best goal scorers ever, and the best olympic hockey player ever. And he is an amazingly nice person! I bet if you'd happen to stand beside him by a urinal, you'd feel small.

If that was a character in a movie, he would be so perfect that you'd almost hate him. At least you would suspect a darker, serial killer side.

psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 02:15 PM
SabresFan26

congrats, always been a big fan of teemu.

SabresFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Savolainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I don't think the Fins have to worry. Rask is a great goalie and will be dominant in 2014. Add that with a bunch of young guys and vets and you can do the same thing the Americans are doing this year and be the surprise in sochi.

Yeah I'm thinking the same but it's the defense which worries all Finns.
We have good forwards with M.Koivu, T.Ruutu, Filppula, J.Jokinen, O.Jokinen (hopefully..), Hagman, Korpikoski, Nokelainen, Bergenheim, Lehterä, and maybe even Granlund, Rajala or Pulkkinen.

About goaltending I mustn't say something, will be our strenght again (Rask )

But defense?? Only promising NHL-defenders are Pitkänen and maybe Salmela and Lepistö. Hopefully Vatanen is ready then, he could be our new Timonen!

Savolainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Paatos

Yeah, it will feel quite weird not to see those guys in top tournaments. Thank you for all the memories.

And not like these guys would vanish into thin air, they will be involved with hockey in a way or another after they retire completely.

Paatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2010, 03:00 PM
MoneyandJohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
Yeah I should have remembered to mention that. He is one of those guys who are just unreal. He taught kindergarten during the day, DOMINATED Finnish league in the evenings, and he was like 20 years old. I wonder if he spent the nights hunting criminals in a superhero suit? He did volunteer work for childrens hospital, donated a boatload of money and equipment to them both in Finland and in North America. And at the same time he is one of the best goal scorers ever, and the best olympic hockey player ever. And he is an amazingly nice person! I bet if you'd happen to stand beside him by a urinal, you'd feel small.

If that was a character in a movie, he would be so perfect that you'd almost hate him. At least you would suspect a darker, serial killer side.
I totally forgot the guy used to teach kindergarden!! And he was doing that when he was still living in Finland. How many players do you know do that!!??

The guy is one walking heart!!! I cant wait to have him around for years to come within the Finnish hockey organization!!

MoneyandJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Atleast we still have Juti:

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Latex*