HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ray Emery out for season, (posts #158 and 159) bone graft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
  #26
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,450
vCash: 965
An article from yesterday's newspaper in Nashville regarding Ellis' contract:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...s+after+season

Quote:
But Ellis, who will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of June, said he likely would see what's out on the market first since he'd prefer to be a starter.

"It's a place that you love, and you love the group of guys and love playing here," Ellis said. "But when they choose to go in a certain direction, you have to see what's out there.''

Ellis also isn't sure the Predators would have the payroll to accommodate two goalies with starting experience. Nashville has recently signed Rinne, Marcel Goc, Kevin Klein and Jordin Tootoo to new deals, and restricted free agents Patric Hornqvist and Cody Franson will be in need of new contracts as well.

"Unless our ownership chooses to go much higher than they usually have, I don't really see (re-signing) as a possibility,'' Ellis said. "But I won't really close the door on that either.''

Ellis has not requested a trade before the Wednesday deadline.

"If the right situation comes by their desk, any player is expendable,'' Ellis said. "I have to think they'll do whatever is best to help their team. I've always been a team player in that regard. If the best move to help our team is to move me, I'm all for it.

"Otherwise, I have every intention of fulfilling my contract and playing out as best I can. At this point, it's do-or-die time for our team and you have to do everything you can to help them."

__________________
U N B R I D L E D

25-year anniversary
*Florida Derby *Kentucky Derby * Breeders' Cup Classic
The only horse to win all three races in the same year. Unbridled. Unmatched.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
  #27
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I take what I can get.
Nothing wrong with that

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
  #28
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,941
vCash: 50
so hes on IR? doesnt help the cap situation unless he goes LTIR right?

I am not going to hold my breath that Holmgren doesnt overpay for a goalie given our situation.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:36 PM
  #29
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Maybe he's on LTIR retroactive to his injury.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
  #30
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
so hes on IR? doesnt help the cap situation unless he goes LTIR right?

I am not going to hold my breath that Holmgren doesnt overpay for a goalie given our situation.
I know it's Timmah, but didn't he just write about how LTIR doesn't help you with trades due to some fuzzy math in terms of just how it affects the salary cap?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
  #31
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Looks like we're about to make a move soon.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
  #32
fire bettman
 
fire bettman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yes, I can and will blame him. Conditioning is everything. If you are not prepared you will get hurt.

Yeah.. He did prepare him self with blondes in the hotels during off season...
That's like looking at my facebook pictures of me hanging out with my friends and saying "that guy doesn't work!". Just because he is actually a person with an actual social life doesn't mean he wasn't in great shape coming into the season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Looks like we're about to make a move soon.
all signs point to abso-freakin-lutely.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
  #33
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
If he is on LTIR then along with Syvret and Cote going down we freed up over 2.5 million is space (assuming Emery is gone for the year)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:22 PM
  #34
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire bettman View Post
That's like looking at my facebook pictures of me hanging out with my friends and saying "that guy doesn't work!". Just because he is actually a person with an actual social life doesn't mean he wasn't in great shape coming into the season.




all signs point to abso-freakin-lutely.
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
  #35
2Claude2Giroux
Registered User
 
2Claude2Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lansdowne
Country: United States
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
It's an injury, dude. I didn't hear one bad thing about Emery all year. **** happens.

I'm sure Danny Briere was partying it up all the time when he messed up his groin last year.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
  #36
Orange Crush 89
Registered User
 
Orange Crush 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
He's ****ing useless anyway.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
  #37
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
He blew it?

Tearing his labrum while in competition out on the ice...and he blew it?



...wow.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
  #38
2Claude2Giroux
Registered User
 
2Claude2Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lansdowne
Country: United States
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
He's useless? Outside of his injury, he was doing pretty damn good.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
  #39
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
I'm sorry, but are you high?

How can you presume to know how much he worked on his conditioning this year? Guarantee there are "pictures" that could have been taken of every Flyer this year at some point with women.
You are out to lunch on this one. Talk about a tangent.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
  #40
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
1) That might be the worst logic I have ever heard on these boards.

2) You're literally the only person who thinks that. That should tell you something.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
  #41
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
I'm getting used to you freaking out about every little thing on here now, but you cannot seriously believe that ******** you wrote up there. I'm sure the guy totally approached the situation with a "**** it" attitude, knowing very well this was probably his last shot at proving himself. He was completely fine until he got hurt, and if you want to blame the injury on one ****ing picture from over the summer, you might just want to stop following sports because all athletes are going to party during their time off. And quite honestly, if anyone needs to make excuses for themselves, start pointing your finger at the pathetic medical staff they have. Injuries happen in sports. Get the **** over it.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
  #42
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Facebook? WTF? Who cares about your facebook?

Seriously, **** him and his social life. He had a shot and he blew it. Like I thought he would. You want to make excuses for him, make your self believe that it was an accident, how this **** happens all the time. It does happen all the time on our team because UFA we get do not give a **** (with few exceptions of course)

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
What do you know about his training? The only articles that I read in relations to his training was that he did extra training helping Coburn get over his surgery.

Maybe you're right but you state it as fact that he was in poor condition. Not that it is a major telling point but how did he do in the pre-camp conditioning? Don't they keep track of that?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
  #43
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
1) That might be the worst logic I have ever heard on these boards.

2) You're literally the only person who thinks that. That should tell you something.
I was literally the only person who said this same thing in September.

So yeah **** him and his injuries "happen" excuse. Do not want him to be re-signed.

If you really think about it, Flyers trying to make it sound like it’s no one fault. 1st it was well, Homer was playing Emery while he was hurt (I remember that blow out against Washington and a few games before that). Then there was well Emery was not really honest about his injury he just wanted to play through it. Then it was LTIR and everything is going to be ok. Now he tear his labrum while in competition out on the ice.. Please.. save it for someone who hasn’t seen this **** before. I am not really surprised that opus is the one who is defending him. I mean Opus is a big fan.

He came here and most people were like wtf? Why did Homer get this clown? Then he had a few good games and received “love” from our fans and now it’s not his fault BS. Learn to read between the lines. No cup yet again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I'm getting used to you freaking out about every little thing on here now, but you cannot seriously believe that ******** you wrote up there. I'm sure the guy totally approached the situation with a "**** it" attitude, knowing very well this was probably his last shot at proving himself. He was completely fine until he got hurt, and if you want to blame the injury on one ****ing picture from over the summer, you might just want to stop following sports because all athletes are going to party during their time off. And quite honestly, if anyone needs to make excuses for themselves, start pointing your finger at the pathetic medical staff they have. Injuries happen in sports. Get the **** over it.
Little thing? Well if you call the most important position in hockey a little thing..
I am freaking out because this injury is our season, if you know what I mean. What do I mean?
I am freaking out because I think our genius GM will make some crazy trade in order to fix his **** up.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 03-01-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:02 PM
  #44
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,687
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Why are people saying he's useless? He was damn good for us whenever he was healthy. This was written all over the wall, it disappoints me but doesn't surprise me. Someone please stop me from buying goalie jerseys.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:04 PM
  #45
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I was literally the only person who said this same thing in September.

So yeah **** him and his injuries "happen" excuse. Do not want him to be re-signed.

If you really think about it, Flyers trying to make it sound like it’s no one fault. 1st it was well, Homer was playing Emery while he was hurt (I remember that blow out against Washington and a few games before that). Then there was well Emery was not really honest about his injury he just wanted to play through it. Now he tear his labrum while in competition out on the ice.. Please.. save it for someone who hasn’t seen this **** before.

He came here and most people were like wtf? Why did Homer get this clown? Then he had a few good games and received “love” from our fans and now it’s not his fault BS. Learn to read between the lines. No cup yet again.
All players play through injury. This is hockey, not baseball.

Had he torn his labrum while hangin' out with blondes in his hotel and skipped practices...then I would have an issue. The fact that he did it playing games, as has been said -- happens. Until the Western road trip, I thought he was perfectly fine and on the cheap contract he allowed us to acquire Pronger.

It's prefectly fine and acceptable if you don't like the guy (for whatever reason -- rebound control, past rumours...whatever), that's your prerogative.

However -- your argument sucks.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:11 PM
  #46
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Am I wrong or were the flyers not playing hot before the break? Leightons stats with the Flyers are terrific and have been way better than Emerys this season. Emery is in the low 20's in every goalie category. Flyers took a risk on him and he played probably a little better than his contract and he got hurt it happens.

Does emery give the flyers a better chance to win the stanley cup than leighton? He hasn't done anything THIS season to show that. I like Emery but losing him isn't the end of the Flyers season. Lets see what the Flyers get before the deadline before some people on here have a meltdown and enjoy the fact that Leighton is playing unreal right now. Is Leighton a stanley cup goalie? Probably not, but the way he has been playing it might be worth the risk to find out. He has only been bad in 2 games for the Flyers this year while giving his team a chance to win in every other game.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:14 PM
  #47
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
Am I wrong or were the flyers not play hot before the break? Leightons stats with the Flyers are terrific and have been way better than Emerys this season. Emery is in the low 20's in every goalie category. Flyers took a risk on him and he played probably a little better than his contract and he got hurt it happens.

Does emery give the flyers a better chance to win the stanley cup than leighton? He hasn't done anything THIS season to show that. I like Emery but losing him isn't the end of the Flyers season. Lets see what the Flyers get before the deadline before some people on here have a meltdown and enjoy the fact that Leighton is playing unreal right now. Is Leighton a stanley cup goalie? Probably not, but the way he has been playing it might be worth the risk to find out. He has only been bad in 2 games for the Flyers this year while giving his team a chance to win in every other game.
Might Leighton keep up his run of play? Yes, he might. On the other hand, reversion to mean is something that is relatively constant in this world...and Leighton has set up one hell of an ugly reversion.

We may end up banking on Leighton because we don't really have a choice, but Holmgren should be looking at options.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:15 PM
  #48
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Emery played well for Philly when he was healthy, and kept away from any Ottawa-type situations. That was what everyone hoped for when he was brought in.
The Flyers could have gold medal winning Roberto Luongo or Martin Brodeur and be in the same boat if they tore their labrum like Emery did.

Oh, and Opus, make that all baseball players except Brandon Inge.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
  #49
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
All players play through injury. This is hockey, not baseball.

Had he torn his labrum while hangin' out with blondes in his hotel and skipped practices...then I would have an issue. The fact that he did it playing games, as has been said -- happens. Until the Western road trip, I thought he was perfectly fine and on the cheap contract he allowed us to acquire Pronger.

It's prefectly fine and acceptable if you don't like the guy (for whatever reason -- rebound control, past rumours...whatever), that's your prerogative.

However -- your argument sucks.


I would like to introduce you to Chase Utley...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
  #50
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Why are people saying he's useless? He was damn good for us whenever he was healthy. This was written all over the wall, it disappoints me but doesn't surprise me. Someone please stop me from buying goalie jerseys.
How can anyone say this..
imo Emery was outplayed by a goalie that was waived by one of the worse teams in the league. Take a minute to think about it. I mean Leighton came in and had the same or better % then Emery, he is making less and he is healthy. Am I making this **** up?

I know, I know.. but he was injured argument and when he was healthy he was good.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.