HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Demitra?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
  #26
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Then explain to me why Minnesota didn't do whatever they could to keep them together?

Gaboriks best season is the season he was actually healthy. Had he been healthy last season, he would have bested that number significantly. He's also on pace to eclipse that number this year without Demitra on his line. So assuming nothing goes wrong, he'll have his best season without Demitra.


Just because the two can pass the puck to each other doesn't mean there's some uncanny chemistry between them.

yeah...

Quote:
Being Slovakian doesn't make you more of an expert on players in the NHL. It might just make you more partisan.

Maybe if I would yenkee I would also consider me as expert on NHL players or even partisan...
But I am just fanatic slovak fan of our hockey and I think I know more about slovak players than fanatic NHL fan.

Why wild allowed Demitra to go? Why they didn't do anything to sign him? What does it even mean? Sign him for more than gabby or what?
But never mind.
Maybe they did everything they could. But demitra didn't want to stay.
Maybe he knew that Gabby would not stay in wild for so long because of defensive lemair's system.
Maybe you would consider these possibilities if you are fanatic slovak fan or you meet some people


Last edited by slovakfan*: 03-01-2010 at 02:38 PM.
slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:11 PM
  #27
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,571
vCash: 500
If we were to trade for Demitra, we'd have to send Rozy the other way.

Would Vancouver do Rozy + Voros/Lisin for Demitra + S'OB?


Last edited by GAGLine: 03-01-2010 at 03:19 PM.
GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
  #28
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
yeah...
It's the nature of the game, sorry. Not all of Gaboriks goals were "tic tac toe" passes from Demitra.

Quote:

Maybe if I would yenkee I would also consider me as expert on NHL players or even partisan...
But I am just fanatic slovak fan of our hockey and I think I know more about slovak players than fanatic NHL fan.
Just because you're a rabid Slovak fan doesn't mean you've seen more of Gaborik or Demitra at the NHL level than I have. Just like I don't claim to know more about all American born players than you do just because I'm an American.

I'm sure you know more about Slovakian players in international play, but I watched every Slovakia game in the Olympics this year and Gaborik and Demitra barely played together. If they had such incredible chemistry, why weren't they together the entire time?

Quote:
Why wild allowed Demitra to go? Why they didn't do anything to sign him? What does it even mean? Sign him for more than gabby or what?
But never mind.
Maybe they did everything they could. But demitra didn't want to stay.
Maybe he knew that Gabby would not stay in wild for so long because of defensive lemair's system.
Maybe you would consider these possibilities if you are fanatic slovak fan or you meet some people
You can't answer my questions with more questions. They're very straight forward.

So Demitra wanted to abandon his "best friend" that he has "incredible chemistry" with and then Gaborik didn't go and join him in Vancouver when he became a free agent?

Maybe I'd consider those possibilities if I was clinging to an argument that has no supporting evidence, but I'm not the one doing that.

Agree to disagree.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 04:10 PM
  #29
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's the nature of the game, sorry. Not all of Gaboriks goals were "tic tac toe" passes from Demitra.
logical isn't it? because gaborik don't need anyone to score? He just need players like demitra to score "tic tac toe" style goals...
Quote:

Just because you're a rabid Slovak fan doesn't mean you've seen more of Gaborik or Demitra at the NHL level than I have. Just like I don't claim to know more about all American born players than you do just because I'm an American.
Yeah. I didn't saw each their game but I have always read opinions of Wild fan after each match and watch replays of their evry game. Even they were not succesful.
Quote:
I'm sure you know more about Slovakian players in international play, but I watched every Slovakia game in the Olympics this year and Gaborik and Demitra barely played together. If they had such incredible chemistry, why weren't they together the entire time?
I also know that Gaborik need more Mn. Hossa than Demitra to score more "tic tac toe" goals.

But unfortunatelly Gaborik + Hossa will never happen in NHL...

Yeah and why they barely played together on these olympics?
Because coach strategy was to separate ultimate power. So he supposed they will be harder to deffend by opponent team. But was a mistake.

Coach wanted to replace Bondra with Gaborik on line with Palffy and Stumpel.
Bondra Palffy and Stumpel made our biggest succes so far - world champions in 2002... Yeah 2002.. But it didn't happen. 37 yo Palffy was a bust on olympics because he don't play in good league. And Stumpel was there.. Because he is in top 10 in KHL but it means nothing.. Until you score against Russia in SO.
In 2002, Palffy's best friend Stumpel, was there to take advatage from Palffy's geniality (which wasn't present in Vancouver) and from Bondra's sniper talent.

If you consider this^ and place on the same line on PP1 unit as a 'barely play with Demitra' than I don't have arguments... And I will also don't need them because I am considering "Why they didn't play together on same line on olympics" as closed...

Quote:
You can't answer my questions with more questions. They're very straight forward.

So Demitra wanted to abandon his "best friend" that he has "incredible chemistry" with and then Gaborik didn't go and join him in Vancouver when he became a free agent?
1. Cap space
2. Didn't want to betrait team where he was franchise with signing their biggest rival
3. He Loves NY

Quote:
Maybe I'd consider those possibilities if I was clinging to an argument that has no supporting evidence, but I'm not the one doing that.

Agree to disagree.
If you would read and watch as many interviews in slovak media as anyone in slovakia you would have som supporting evidence..

You can question it anyhow you want I know I am right
It is just matter of time when you realize that Demitra is best sign you can made this summer (<= $4mil/year.)

~38th second.




and many others on nhl.com...


Last edited by slovakfan*: 03-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.
slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
  #30
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
You're not making any sense. You're arguing that Gaborik and Demitra have great chemistry, then you say they weren't successful.

One player feeding another player on a two on one doesn't demonstrate "incredible chemistry." It just shows two players making a pretty typical hockey play.

Your argument against them not playing together at the Olympics is "the coach made a mistake," yet, they almost ended up in the gold medal game. Again, making no sense at all. Gaborik playing the point on the PP proves nothing.

Vancouver had plenty of cap space. They signed the Sedin's for $6.1 million a piece. More than enough for Gaborik. He didn't want to betray them? He turned down a massive contract to sign for less money elsewhere. Yeah, lots of loyalty there.

We're done here.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
  #31
Jeff Babchuk
Registered User
 
Jeff Babchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: within my bubble
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post

Yeah and why they barely played together on these olympics?
Because coach strategy was to separate ultimate power. So he supposed they will be harder to deffend by opponent team. But was a mistake.

Coach wanted to replace Bondra with Gaborik on line with Palffy and Stumpel.
Slovakian coach at first training in Vancouver:
"Hey, Peter! This ain't working... I'll put Marian on that line... you go upstairs and be our team's GM instead!"

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
  #32
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craah View Post
Slovakian coach at first training in Vancouver:
"Hey, Peter! This ain't working... I'll put Marian on that line... you go upstairs and be our team's GM instead!"
yeah... really funny... let me laugh too. oh. wait. mabe next time...
Sure thing is that you was not able to get a point darling :*
But I am even not expecting it any more on this board

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
  #33
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You're not making any sense. You're arguing that Gaborik and Demitra have great chemistry, then you say they weren't successful.

One player feeding another player on a two on one doesn't demonstrate "incredible chemistry." It just shows two players making a pretty typical hockey play.

Your argument against them not playing together at the Olympics is "the coach made a mistake," yet, they almost ended up in the gold medal game. Again, making no sense at all. Gaborik playing the point on the PP proves nothing.

Vancouver had plenty of cap space. They signed the Sedin's for $6.1 million a piece. More than enough for Gaborik. He didn't want to betray them? He turned down a massive contract to sign for less money elsewhere. Yeah, lots of loyalty there.

We're done here.
coach mistake was that he didn't place him on line with handzus and zednik where one had ability to pass and the another had also speed. main argument for not playing together was to separate offensive power to more lines. and put them together when opponent had to just defend him self. but as i said. i am not expecting you and anyone here to understand it anymore. you definetely know how to build team if you have good example in your own team

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:49 AM
  #34
SlovakNHLfan
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brno
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
sry guys, but slovakfan is right.
I am from Trencin, the town where played Hossa - Demitra - Gaborik during the lockout and the town, where all these guys have home and houses ... and learned how to play hockey. I see them every summer playing floorball, they can see each other without open eyes. It's such a shame that they will never play together in NHL. I think it would be the most scoring line in whole league. And the only reason why they didnt play the same line this Olympics was our strategy, cause we wanted to have 2 dangerous lines.

Look at the goal Gabys goal against Finland, that's what i call chemistry. Demitra was waiting with a pass to gabby till he finally find a free slot

I think, the Rangers should have a look at Demitra this summer and offer him about 3m contract.

SlovakNHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:53 AM
  #35
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,043
vCash: 500
id argue that Hossa had chemistry with Gabby and with Demitra...not sure i saw much from Demitra in the ways of chemistry with Gabby. Either way, id still rather have Hossa :-P

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:20 AM
  #36
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlovakNHLfan View Post
sry guys, but slovakfan is right.
I am from Trencin, the town where played Hossa - Demitra - Gaborik during the lockout and the town, where all these guys have home and houses ... and learned how to play hockey. I see them every summer playing floorball, they can see each other without open eyes. It's such a shame that they will never play together in NHL. I think it would be the most scoring line in whole league. And the only reason why they didnt play the same line this Olympics was our strategy, cause we wanted to have 2 dangerous lines.

Look at the goal Gabys goal against Finland, that's what i call chemistry. Demitra was waiting with a pass to gabby till he finally find a free slot

I think, the Rangers should have a look at Demitra this summer and offer him about 3m contract.
leave it be. arguments are useles. they would rather have kovalchuk or hossa just because they are making two times more than demo

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:40 AM
  #37
Boom Boom Geoffrion
Confirmed with Link:
 
Boom Boom Geoffrion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
leave it be. arguments are useles. they would rather have kovalchuk or hossa just because they are making two times more than demo
We'd rather have Kovy because he's 8X the hockey player Demitra is.

**** Pavel Demitra. I hope he never wears a Rangers jersey. Not even at 3M.

Boom Boom Geoffrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:44 AM
  #38
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We'd rather have Kovy because he's 8X the hockey player Demitra is.

**** Pavel Demitra. I hope he never wears a Rangers jersey. Not even at 3M.
Amen.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:55 AM
  #39
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
I find it funny that some you guys think we're getting Kovy... salary cap says hi.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
  #40
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We'd rather have Kovy because he's 8X the hockey player Demitra is.

**** Pavel Demitra. I hope he never wears a Rangers jersey. Not even at 3M.

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:37 PM
  #41
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
My only thoughts:


we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
  #42
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
leave it be. arguments are useles. they would rather have kovalchuk or hossa just because they are making two times more than demo
Yeah, definitely not because they're significantly younger and lack the ridiculous injury history that Demitra has.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
  #43
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah, definitely not because they're significantly younger and lack the ridiculous injury history that Demitra has.
If you are talking about 26 y/o Ilya than ok. I am not following him I don't know his injury history.

but if you are reffering to Mn. Hossa with "they're" you are reffering to player that is 31 yo (significantly younger than 35yo Demitra...) and had similiar shoulder operation like Demitra had this year. To addition to that hossa has longstanding problem with his knee from final with Portland...

good night, good bye.

good luck with kovalchuk

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:51 PM
  #44
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
If you are talking about 26 y/o Ilya than ok. I am not following him I don't know his injury history.

but if you are reffering to Mn. Hossa with "they're" you are reffering to player that is 31 yo (significantly younger than 35yo Demitra...) and had similiar shoulder operation like Demitra had this year. To addition to that hossa has longstanding problem with his knee from final with Portland...

good night, good bye.

good luck with kovalchuk
Demitra will be 36 to start next season, while Hossa will still be 31. Hossa has played fewer than 70 games twice in his entire NHL career. Demitra rarely plays more than 65.

Good try though.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  #45
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,718
vCash: 500
I lived in Minnesota and had Wild season tickets when Demitra played with Gaborik. It did not work. Period.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
  #46
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I lived in Minnesota and had Wild season tickets when Demitra played with Gaborik. It did not work. Period.
If you are saying it. I have no other possibility but resignate as I did few times on this thread

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
  #47
Jeff Babchuk
Registered User
 
Jeff Babchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: within my bubble
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
yeah... really funny... let me laugh too. oh. wait. mabe next time...
Sure thing is that you was not able to get a point darling :*
But I am even not expecting it any more on this board
That's because you need a sense of humor plus some sort of self-insight, which clearly is too much to ask of you.
Darling.
Truth is, your English sucks so bad that ALL your posts include something that can easily be misinterpreted.
God, you're boring. Work on that English, boy.

Jeff Babchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
  #48
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craah View Post
That's because you need a sense of humor plus some sort of self-insight, which clearly is too much to ask of you.
Darling.
Truth is, your English sucks so bad that ALL your posts include something that can easily be misinterpreted.
God, you're boring. Work on that English, boy.
you know. Some people are missing sense of humor some inteligence. I am maybe missing both because I really don't understand your kind and mature hummor.

To addition to that my english is really bad. Maybe because I really don't need it in every-day communication in Job as my German.

Only possibility to make it better, is to read and write some words, when I am back from work. I am not concentrating on superb english. I just want to share my thoughts despite they are widely not accepted But thank you for your constructive critique.

Last but not least, I am glad that our conversation made this thread more interesting because we were able to add your sense of humor comming from deep insight...

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.