HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ray Emery out for season, (posts #158 and 159) bone graft

Old
03-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
For those who like emery.. Let Homer sign this bum and give him NTC or NMC..
I'm not trying to say he is the man or anything, but you're ******** all over him. Get over your hate on already.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
I'm not trying to say he is the man or anything, but you're ******** all over him. Get over your hate on already.
hate? No hate.. With out goaltender we will not win ****. Someone mention Theodore? lol...

With out goaltender this season is done..

I findit funny how Flyers fan fall in love with a bum goaltender.. Seriously.. Year after year.. Biron, Emery Esche.. ****ing bums.. Hysterical. Regular season team is what Flyers are for about 10 years now.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 03-01-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Hextall took the Flyers nothing. That 1987 year, Hextall had the luxury on playing on one of the greatest Flyers teams that was ever assembled. He wasn't the linch pin for that team. If anything, he was the weakest link because of his temper.

Didn't that weakest link win the Conn Smythe in a losing effort?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
And he was never the same player after that. Hextall was a hot shot rookie, that's it. Put Fuhr or any other top goaltender that year on that Flyers squad and they win the Stanley Cup.
I'm confused with you two. Its Bobby Clarke arguing with himself. Up until this thread I didnt realize you were two different people, lol.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Never said Powe soft I said he is small..
I was the one that corrected you, yay me

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 06:58 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Some one told me he was a jerk at the carnival too. Not sure if it was here, or if someone actually said it to me. From watching the event, when they got him in front of the camera, it looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.
I can attest to this. He looked miserable and didn't want to be there. He said very little to anybody. But then again, that's his personality. He rarely talks to the media and when he does he says barely anything.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't think Theodore is as bad as people say he is, but yeah it's a bad crop. Assuming we don't go after Emery I would be fine with any of those four besides Turco.
Theodore hasn't had a "good" season since '03-04. One decent season in '07-'08, but other than that a whole lot of mediocre/backup.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
infidelappel*

Quote:
My beef is that our GM got goalie with a bad reputation.

Emery who was given an excellent chance to prove him self played good for about one quater of the season. Thats all it really was. 20 good games
He was probably in a so-so shape and not ready for a long season. He misdiagnosed his own injury and put my favorite team in the hole.

You want to compare this a-hole to MAF, Luongo or any other goalie go right ahead. I am not going to stop you. You want to think that Flyers can actually win a championship with this clown in between the pipes, fine by me.

Hextall and Parent took Flyers somewhere. This clown is just a poser. I do not want to see him or spend a valuable season on him yet again.

I want a real goaltender not this bum.
How many Cups did we win with Hextall?

By your logic, we had better not compare that stick-swinging bum to the great Bernie, because he never won and frequently missed time due to injury, and had a sketchy reputation due to his fiery temper!

As for the whole comparing Emery to MAF thing, he wasn't comparing Emery to MAF.

He was just saying that your statement that 'a 905 SV% is not good enough in this league' is false, because last year's Cup winner had a 908 SV%. Emery doesn't factor into it; he's just calling your evaluations of what is good enough into question.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.
infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Theodore hasn't had a "good" season since '03-04. One decent season in '07-'08, but other than that a whole lot of mediocre/backup.
Never said Theodore was good, just said that I didn't think he was as bad as people said.

Like Hover said, it's not like the market is over-flowing with good starters. So, like I said, out of what's available come free agency, I would be fine with any of those guys besides Turco. Assuming we can't re-sign Emery because of injury issues and that we don't make a trade for a starter like Vokoun of course.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Never said Theodore was good, just said that I didn't think he was as bad as people said.

Like Hover said, it's not like the market is over-flowing with good starters. So, like I said, out of what's available come free agency, I would be fine with any of those guys besides Turco. Assuming we can't re-sign Emery because of injury issues and that we don't make a trade for a starter like Vokoun of course.
Nabokov is a UFA aswell but I left him out cause I assume he re signs.

Chris Mason is a decent one I forgot, but hes old.

Budaj
Toskala
Niitty

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
And he was never the same player after that. Hextall was a hot shot rookie, that's it. Put Fuhr or any other top goaltender that year on that Flyers squad and they win the Stanley Cup.

The same hot-shot rookie that Gretzky said was the best goalie he'd ever faced? Hexxy had a solid career and the Conn Smythe thing kinda disproves the whole "weakest link thing." Not great but very solid IMO.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nabokov is a UFA aswell but I left him out cause I assume he re signs.

Chris Mason is a decent one I forgot, but hes old.

Budaj
Toskala
Niitty
Budaj and Toskala receive a great, big hell no from me. Niitty is an excellent backup, but has proven himself to be incapable as a starter.

I really doubt Nabokov makes it to free agency. I always get the Masons confused, but I assume he's not the one who just won the Calder. He's not much better of an option that Turco assuming he makes it to free agency.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:13 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Anyway, who gives a ****.. I like Washington as my #2.
Why are the Flyers your #1, if you wouldn't mind me asking?

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
when he was healthy he was a pretty solid goalie this year... that said he could never stay healthy long enough to ever get and stay in a groove.

michael leighton better not start to suck or this team has ZERO chance.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
michael leighton better not start to suck or this team has ZERO chance.
Someone point me the way to the Boucher thread. I'm sure there has to be one.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Niitty is an excellent backup, but has proven himself to be incapable as a starter.
Quote:
GP W L OT SO GA EG SA PCT GAA MIN PIM G A
34 16 10 5 1 81 2 981 .917 2.55 1909 0 0 1
Sup?

Note that this is playing for Tampa. That's pretty capable, if you ask me. Niitty NEVER got a fair shake here.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Sup?

Note that this is playing for Tampa. That's pretty capable, if you ask me. Niitty NEVER got a fair shake here.
Agreed. I'd like Niitty back now please.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Sup?

GP: 34

so still only 50% of the games

Let's just get Biron and Niitty both back and go back in time

Old
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
GP: 34

so still only 50% of the games

Let's just get Biron and Niitty both back and go back in time
He's on pace to hit about 45 on the season, which is a lot more than our starter appeared in this season. If people can dook all over Niitty for his past injury history and say it made him ineligible as a starter, you can say the same for Emery, don't even start with the 'He got injured, it happens.'

Also consider that he's playing for a team that has to try hard to market what they have, and they made a splash when they went after Mike Smith and are paying him the money, so they've tried hard to split time.

I'll take Antero over what we have right now any day.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
He's on pace to hit about 45 on the season, which is a lot more than our starter appeared in this season. If people can dook all over Niitty for his past injury history and say it made him ineligible as a starter, you can say the same for Emery.

Also consider that he's playing for a team that has to try hard to market what they have, and they made a splash when they went after Mike Smith and are paying him the money, so they've tried hard to split time.

I'll take Antero over what we have right now any day.
I didnt say anything about Niitty's injuries, just shwoing that he is splittling time. If he was starting 75% of the games he would falter

Old
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Sup?

What Hover said. He's been splitting starts for the most part and playing out of his mind. You can ask Tampa fans themselves, they'll readily admit that he isn't consistent enough to be their starter.

Maybe it would be more accurate if I said that Niitty has proven himself as, at best, either an excellent backup or pseudo-starter with hip problems during his stay in Philly?

Old
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
What Hover said. He's been splitting starts for the most part and playing out of his mind. You can ask Tampa fans themselves, they'll readily admit that he isn't consistent enough to be their starter.

Maybe it would be more accurate if I said that Niitty has proven himself as, at best, either an excellent backup or pseudo-starter with hip problems during his stay in Philly?
He never got the chance to really be the starter. The only year they gave him a lot of games was the disaster year, in which the entire team sucked AND his hip was damaged. That and our wonderful medical staff could well have derailed him for a few years, but who's to say that he can't still catch on and put it together?

If people around here are naive enough to think that Leighton suddenly flipped a switch and learned how to become Patrick ParentBrodeuRoyChuk because he finally got a shot, I feel okay in saying that Niitty may yet prove he's capable.

EDIT: No, I am not accusing anyone in this current or immediate conversation of being that optimistic about Leighton. Just sayin'.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
He never got the chance to really be the starter. The only year they gave him a lot of games was the disaster year, in which the entire team sucked AND his hip was damaged. That and our wonderful medical staff could well have derailed him for a few years, but who's to say that he can't still catch on and put it together?

If people around here are naive enough to think that Leighton suddenly flipped a switch and learned how to become Patrick ParentBrodeuRoyChuk because he finally got a shot, I feel okay in saying that Niitty may yet prove he's capable.
I like Niitty, but every time we handed him the reigns he ****ed up. Anytime Biron struggled, Niitty couldn;t play a good game. Esche sucked? so did Niitty.

Maybe he is over that hump now,

Old
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
I like Niitty, but every time we handed him the reigns he ****ed up. Anytime Biron struggled, Niitty couldn;t play a good game. Esche sucked? so did Niitty.

When was he ever really handed the reigns? They were only his in that one awful year. Every other shot, it was getting very infrequent spot starts whenever Stevens randomly decided to let him in a game. And often times when he did play well, he wasn't rewarded with more starts anyway. I've played for organizations like that, and it is very hard to get anything going if you're the type of goaltender that needs to see a decent workload to get in a rhythm.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

EDIT: No, I am not accusing anyone in this current or immediate conversation of being that optimistic about Leighton. Just sayin'.
To be honest, I don't care enough to argue this point and I probably haven't been around long enough to argue it. In my honest opinion though I believe Niitty may have had the potential to be a starter at one point, before the Flyers totally ****ed him up that is. He is what he is now though. I believe his work-load in Tampa is about where his threshold is at. Splitting starts. I haven't even seen Tampa fans say that he's their starter or capable enough to be their starter. That should say something.

Quote:

I don't think Niitty sucked or does suck. I just don't think he has what it takes to be a starter. I think he's one of the best backups in the league which is why I would like to bring him back.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:

and yes good conditioning means less injuries.
Unless good conditioning means no injuries, your point is absolute ********.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote