HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs-Plekanec Dialogue today, Deal will Likely be reached after deadline

Old
03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
haha.. keep it up dude, you're well on your way to become our next MiG

Speaking of GTD's....

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
WhiskeySeven
Founded: BargainBin

I'm starting to dislike this situation more and more each passing hour.

Either sign him or trade him. How long does it take to argue over the very narrow range of term/salary that is reasonably available?

If he's playing hardball, I hope we ship his ass off to Nashville or Tampa. Just like Wadell did with Kovalchuck.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Andy

The overreactions in this thread are hilarious.

For all you know Gauthier and Plekanec's agent have agreed on a dollar amount and are going to negotiate the terms after the deadline.

For **** sakes stop complaining about every little piece of news possible.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post

For all you know Gauthier and Plekanec's agent have agreed on a dollar amount and are going to negotiate the terms after the deadline.

He's a valuable asset and our 1st line center. He's also the "little girl" who played atrociously last season. It's worth the discussion methinks.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
He's a valuable asset and our 1st line center. He's also the "little girl" who played atrociously last season. It's worth the discussion methinks.
There's a difference between discussion and overreaction.

The fact that they are activly talking is a good thing...isn't this something you guys all complained about for 5 years when Gainey was here and now are complaining because the current Gm is doing what you gusy wanted?

Jesus Christ, discussion are a good sign and the fact the agent was talking to Gauthier during the olympic break and wants to continue talks is very encouraging.

If Plekanec is not going to be traded, it's pretty clear that Gauthier is confident that he will be signed.

Old
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

If that were true why not announce a signing???

How many other teams out there have extended their UFA's, lots...why not the Habs???

Quote:
There's a difference between discussion and overreaction.

The fact that they are activly talking is a good thing...isn't this something you guys all complained about for 5 years when Gainey was here and now are complaining because the current Gm is doing what you gusy wanted?

Jesus Christ, discussion are a good sign and the fact the agent was talking to Gauthier during the olympic break and wants to continue talks is very encouraging.

If Plekanec is not going to be traded, it's pretty clear that Gauthier is confident that he will be signed.
Gainey was pretty confident in re-signing Komisarek too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Habs

If they lose him for nothing, I'm going to punch someone in the face.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If that were true why not announce a signing???

How many other teams out there have extended their UFA's, lots...why not the Habs???

Gainey was pretty confident in re-signing Komisarek too.
Gainey did not negotiate with Komisarek during the season.

Old
03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Pascal

Cool so Plek is as good as gone. why would he re-sign here in May when he's like 1 month away from UFA riches and glory?

If I was Gauthier i'd trade him unless I am CERTAIN he will sign.. but there's no such thing these days.

Oh well, Maxwell and Gomez down the middle. LOL.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Cool so Plek is as good as gone. why would he re-sign here in May when he's like 1 month away from UFA riches and glory?

If I was Gauthier i'd trade him unless I am CERTAIN he will sign.. but there's no such thing these days.

Oh well, Maxwell and Gomez down the middle. LOL.
I wouldn't even mind that, just get something for Plekanec for the love of god.

Old
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Some serious overreactions in here. The organization wants to keep him. What's the problem?
That's exactly right. Trading him at the deadline was never an option if we had a chance at a playoff spot. Seeing as we still have a chance at a playoff spot, Plekanec needs to be in the lineup. That's all there is to it. This could end up looking like last season's Bouwmeester situation but it's a gamble nonetheless.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Classified

I wonder what qualifacations you need to become a GM, because I sure as hell can do as good a job as Montreal is doing with their assets, and I certainly have no experience.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I'm starting to dislike this situation more and more each passing hour.

Either sign him or trade him. How long does it take to argue over the very narrow range of term/salary that is reasonably available?

If he's playing hardball, I hope we ship his ass off to Nashville or Tampa. Just like Wadell did with Kovalchuck.
Exactly if he wants over 5 mill a year...then he can gtfo!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i think he's gonna clear up the necessary space at the deadline, which is why they want to wait on the negotiations to see how much they have to physically work with.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
coolasprICE

No to being sellers, no to rebuilding but yes to trading ufa's for our future.... makes perfect sense to me................

we should contend for a stanley cup and be sellers too!

I think many are confused about what they want

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Ubercron9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
That's exactly right. Trading him at the deadline was never an option if we had a chance at a playoff spot. Seeing as we still have a chance at a playoff spot, Plekanec needs to be in the lineup. That's all there is to it. This could end up looking like last season's Bouwmeester situation but it's a gamble nonetheless.
You do know we can get a young prospect for plekanecs right? Or a good deal that will still make us playoff performers. Losing pleks will just make this organization a joke, If we don't resign him. So I HOPE that we do sign him. If we go through the season and lose him for nothing whats the point? We lose, worst what happens if we don't make the playoffs and he goes? Thats worst case scenario... oi vey

Ubercron9000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
The management is not going to get any leeway at all. People associate Gauthier with Gainey's mistakes and they're absolutely fed up with the habs being at best an average team with no real superstar player you can cheer for and identify with. People are tired of seeing this team go nowhere.

Gauthier is sitting on a gun powder barrel and the tiniest of spark could set it all off. If we miss the playoffs and lose Plekanec for nothing in the summer, (Mickey Rourke voice) there will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Ubercron9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The management is not going to get any leeway at all. People associate Gauthier with Gainey's mistakes and they're absolutely fed up with the habs being at best an average team with no real superstar player you can cheer for and identify with. People are tired of seeing this team go nowhere.

Gauthier is sitting on a gun powder barrel and the tiniest of spark could set it all off. If we miss the playoffs and lose Plekanec for nothing in the summer, (Mickey Rourke voice) there will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come.
hahah I really do hope so. We probably have the biggest fan base in the NHL and we are fed mediocre teams for 15 years now except that one year where we finished first. If I was bettman re-entry the habs into the NHL. Meaning they would reliquish all there players except for 15 players (current contracts apply) and get what a new nhl team has A 1st overall . We are at our 100th season so why not start fresh? Protest

Maybe next year we will finish first who knows.

Ubercron9000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Forsead

If the Habs are losing Plek this summer for nothing it would be serious mismanagement, but we aren't in that situation yet, so we have to stop whining about that. Gauthier and Rick Curran have talked about the number that Plek is wanting and perhaps it is very reasonable and Gauthier know that it will be easy to resign him. An example, if Rick Curran said that they want 4.75 millions a year when they talked, Gauthier know that in a negotiation it could end in a 4.5 millions a year contract and it is a fine contract for Plek. So, we don't have enough informations to really criticize. Also, perphaps the value Plekanec have in the nhl in a trade is not what we think it is and the GMs of all the others teams were just not really interested or weren't offering a good value for him, so Gauthier prefer to take a gamble and try resign him at a high price and give him whatever he want even if that mean that he has to unload others contracts. Remember, Gauthier got 5 month to work on a contract and the fact that the two factions are talking is positive and we haven't seen that alot during the season with Gainey.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

just wait .

there are 3 more threads left in this saga,that we will end up reading

1. OH MY(insert profanity here) 5 years PLEKANAC AT 5.5-6 MILLION? wtf is PG thinking .

2.That is all we got for Plekanec? (insert profanity word here).
PG should be fired.

3.We didnt get anything for Plekanec...(insert profanity). PG should be fired.

Yes these threads are coming, can ya feel it ?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:03 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
just wait .

1. OH MY(insert profanity here) 5 years PLEKANAC AT 5.5-6 MILLION? wtf is PG thinking .

PG should be fired.

True, anything PG will do someone will not be happy. Unless he get a home discount with a contract under 4m/year.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyukhin View Post
just wait .

PG should be fired.

Ok, so you show 3 scenarios : 1) we grossly overpay for Pleks, 2) we trade him for garbage (unless you're expecting a king's ransom and we get decent/good value) or 3) we lose him to FA

And you feel content in all those scenarios? WTF? Did Gauthier give you lube or something?

It's like : 'Ha ha ha, look at all those losers whining about terrible management. I'm sure glad we're going nowhere, our cap situation is terrible and we'll be losing more key players along the way'.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Next Best Thing*

How does making cap room for Plekanec at the deadline help us in nego talks?? If anything it will possibly make the Plekanec clan try and get as much as possible out of his contract which is not what we want. I don't like this approach at all, you're just giving them more reason to ask for more money.

Old
03-02-2010, 06:55 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Ok, so you show 3 scenarios : 1) we grossly overpay for Pleks, 2) we trade him for garbage (unless you're expecting a king's ransom and we get decent/good value) or 3) we lose him to FA

And you feel content in all those scenarios? WTF? Did Gauthier give you lube or something?

It's like : 'Ha ha ha, look at all those losers whining about terrible management. I'm sure glad we're going nowhere, our cap situation is terrible and we'll be losing more key players along the way'.

reading sure isnt your thing huh ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote