HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

per Dreger: Grebeshkov to NAS for 2nd round pick

Old
03-02-2010, 12:19 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
okay here is a wild card

listening to 630ched out of Edmonton

it sounds like grebs has interest in going to the KHL in the off season

if tht happens what is your response to the deal then
this is most likely why he could be had for a 2nd rounder, whereas a north american rfa would have cost a lot more.

i know we retain radulovs rights because he was still under contract when he left, but do we know what happens when an rfa leaves? if he comes back when he is over age 27 will he be a ufa? (because he will have the necessary 4 seasons in the league)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
okay here is a wild card

listening to 630ched out of Edmonton

it sounds like grebs has interest in going to the KHL in the off season

if tht happens what is your response to the deal then
Very unhappy.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Interesting thought but with only him, Klein, Suter and Weber signed for next year, I have a hard time believing we'd trade him, especially since he makes so little in the grand scheme of things. Franson is restricted so if Hammer is traded, Bouillon and Grebeshkov leave as free agents, we'd have 5 guys under contract. I'm not sure Poile trades away Sulzer at this time because of that. If he did re-signing Bouillon or Grebeshkov would be an imperative.
if we can trade off jones and sulzer, we clear what, two mil off the books? we can afford hamhuis at that point and roll. blum takes cubes money. we dont need that veteran leadership. we have a guy with a full years captain experience and an olympic captain on our d. they are the vets now. this is becoming a young mans league. if you have 3-4 years under you, you are a vet.

weber-suter
hamhuis-franson
blum-klein

this in no way solves our scoring problem this year, and also assumes grebeshkov either gets an offer sheet or goes to russia in the offseason.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:13 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this is most likely why he could be had for a 2nd rounder, whereas a north american rfa would have cost a lot more.

i know we retain radulovs rights because he was still under contract when he left, but do we know what happens when an rfa leaves? if he comes back when he is over age 27 will he be a ufa? (because he will have the necessary 4 seasons in the league)
this happened with hudler in detroit

detroit qualified him, he went to arbitration and then the khl. detroit still owns his rights

i thought i heard if he did not go to arbitration, he would have been free to sign with khl teams and then any nhl team.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
this happened with hudler in detroit

detroit qualified him, he went to arbitration and then the khl. detroit still owns his rights

i thought i heard if he did not go to arbitration, he would have been free to sign with khl teams and then any nhl team.
Hudler actually accepted arbitration which kept his rights with Detroit. After the chaos that caused, I don't believe an agent will allow his player to accept arbitration again if they wanted to sign with the KHL.

Matt Ellison would be a better example. He went to the KHL as an RFA last summer and is scheduled to become a UFA this summer...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Seth Lake

Tom Callahan interviews Coach Trotz regarding today's trade:

http://predators.nhl.com/club/podcas...d=29&iid=20491

Old
03-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 350
Grebs has mad offensive skills. But he has absolutely sucked this year. Good for a goal against per game. That is not an exaggeration. I dont really see the upside for you guys. He is a prime candidate to bolt to the khl. He is nowhere near worth the money he is commanding. Best of luck to you.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

Good for a goal against per game. That is not an exaggeration.
Yes it is...... Big time.......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:43 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Yes it is...... Big time.......
Not hardly. They will see for themselves soon enough.

Old
03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Not hardly. They will see for themselves soon enough.
Well, on the flipside, if you pair *second round pick* with Gilbert, I think you'll be pleased at the way that it provides bone crushing physicality with offensive flair. I know that the next time I purchase Oilers silks, I'm getting SECOND ROUND PICK - 02 on the back, and I'll wear it proudly!

On a more serious note...provided Hamhuis is still our property by the game tonight, Trotz's plan is to play Grebs with Bouillon, moving the Cube to the right side. What does that mean? The dynamic duo of Kleinhuis lives on!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
On a more serious note...provided Hamhuis is still our property by the game tonight, Trotz's plan is to play Grebs with Bouillon, moving the Cube to the right side. What does that mean? The dynamic duo of Kleinhuis lives on!
I read that too...my reaction...

Old
03-02-2010, 07:33 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
He is a prime candidate to bolt to the khl.
Is this speculation on your part or can you provide a link to a source to back this up?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Is this speculation on your part or can you provide a link to a source to back this up?
There's been nothing documented. It's been a "what if" type of deal, and now it's changed to "he's gonna," to feel better about the deal.

Grebeshkov, Leopold, Wallin - all go for second rounders.

I feel like we've made out the best, so far...especially considering we could have him beyond this season, and we were going to be in an interesting spot on the backend next year.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Well, on the flipside, if you pair *second round pick* with Gilbert, I think you'll be pleased at the way that it provides bone crushing physicality with offensive flair. I know that the next time I purchase Oilers silks, I'm getting SECOND ROUND PICK - 02 on the back, and I'll wear it proudly!

*Second round pick* is more defensively responsible, more physical and gives the puck away far less. He also costs nothing against the cap, which is the best part of all for us. This deal was a salary dump for us and a try before you buy for you guys. I think it works for both teams.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
There has been talk on the radio up here but I cant provide you with a link. I am sure if he gets a contract to his liking his preference would be to stay in the nhl.

Old
03-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
There has been talk on the radio up here but I cant provide you with a link. I am sure if he gets a contract to his liking his preference would be to stay in the nhl.
Talk on the radio.. so just speculation.. thanks.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
I guess given the choice between staying in Edmonton or leaving for the KHL, I would want out too.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I guess given the choice between staying in Edmonton or leaving for the KHL, I would want out too.
I know that was meant to be a joke, but I can't say i expected to hear it from someone who just had a Russian player (Radulov) not even wait for his contract to end before deciding he'd rather be in Russia. Glass houses...

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I know that was meant to be a joke, but I can't say i expected to hear it from someone who just had a Russian player (Radulov) not even wait for his contract to end before deciding he'd rather be in Russia. Glass houses...
Yeah, it was a joke.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm hoping we keep Hamhuis and Dan Ellis. I think we need the help on the defense and with 14 games in 29 days we also need 2 good goalies.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I read that too...my reaction...
Oh, sure, put the brand new guy in directly with a second line guy and have him play important minutes... That seems to be what the complainers are implying. Trotz said the pickup was for depth. He didn't say "we're hoping he's an upgrade" over anybody.

Hide him with third line minutes with Bullion for a few games at least. Unless I miss some great pairing you folks see? You want Franson with Hamhuis? I guess that's been what many have wanted. Which is ok I guess. And Grebeskhov rides pine? I suppose.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-02-2010 at 11:47 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I know that was meant to be a joke, but I can't say i expected to hear it from someone who just had a Russian player (Radulov) not even wait for his contract to end before deciding he'd rather be in Russia.
The unexpected nature helps make it funny. What, you wanted him to telegraph the punch line?

Old
03-02-2010, 11:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Oh, sure, put the brand new guy in directly with a second line guy and have him play important minutes... That seems to be what the complainers are implying. Trotz said the pickup was for depth. He didn't say "we're hoping he's an upgrade" over anybody.

Hide him with third line minutes with Bullion for a few games at least. Unless I miss some great pairing you folks see? You want Franson with Hamhuis? I guess that's been what many have wanted. Which is ok I guess. And Grebeskhov rides pine? I suppose.
Because our second pairing has been so awesome, and it would be too risky to break it up?

Old
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Because our second pairing has been so awesome, and it would be too risky to break it up?
So a new offensive oriented guy who has a bit of a rep for turnovers is going to help prevent the breakdowns?

You got me on the quality of our second pairing (although I think the ills are exagerrated). But that doesn't mean it makes sense to throw Grebeshkov in there. Maybe after a few games and a few practices.

Hammer and Klein are just going to have to play well. Certainly they'll play as well due to all their experience together as they would via a "shakeup" with someone brand new. I think they play ok most of the time. Hopefully they'll play the best they have out of this break.