HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voros + Lisin on Waivers (update - both clear)

Old
03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
You know, I dont care about Lisin or Korpedo either way, but what a waste of a 1st round pick.
One ahead of Tavis Zajac @ 20.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
id be surprised if either of them were picked. Lisin, maaaaaaybe. Both kinda suck, but would be of help to Hartford.
i could see lisin getting picked up

very little risk for a team and I could see a someone taking a chance if they feel he'd match nicely with a player allready on their roster

even though he didn't mesh with gaborik, i dont see it really discouraging a non-contender team from giving it a shot for the remander of the season

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:34 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Yup, you don't just waive a player without trying to trade him first.

Lisin would be of no use to a contending team. Maybe a rebuilding team would take him on, but clearly those teams are not trading picks or prospects.
Someone like NYI might like him. Schremp has been decent for them, they might what another reclamation project for the final 20 games.

In 2006-2007, Lisin refused assignment to the AHL. He did play parts of two seasons in the AHL after that, but there's a real chance that he heads to Russia if he feels like he's not going to get another real shot in the NHL.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

With Voros and his contract i can understand why he could be put on waivers. Easily.

But even Lisin and his inconsistent skill set (who was talked up by Sather, like all free agent signings) could land you SOMETHING in return... even as part of a package. Just a waste again.

Whatever. Its not a huge deal, just more of the same from this GM.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I can't believe Lisin has no value, I mean Korpikoski for Lisin is a dumb deal now. not like Korps is great but jeebus

oh well its not like Lisin was in there plans but man a midround pick ?. Shelley cost a 6 for crying out loud
believe it!

hahaha do you watch the games? he's terrible....

PAP isn't even on the NHL roster and is twice the player Lisin is.

oh and the post 2 above me is GENIUS... Pavel Bure!!!! hahahahahahahaha

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Odd timing now that it's confirmed that Gaborik is out for night. It's going to be a short bench.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
One ahead of Tavis Zajac @ 20.
And the trend continues. I don't care how good Sather is at trades, **** like this makes me grind my teeth.

Also, something tells me this thread is going to turn into a Lisin slapfight...

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
believe it!

hahaha do you watch the games? he's terrible....

PAP isn't even on the NHL roster and is twice the player Lisin is.
Guess I was wrong. I will still be shocked if a team like TO does'nt pick him up after there purge at the deadline. If he goes straight through the kid will be going to the KHL for sure

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:40 AM
rangers4ever2007

do they have the space to recall parenteau? doubt rangers need or should put shelley in every game

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
do they have the space to recall parenteau? doubt rangers need or should put shelley in every game
I think PA has a concussion and is out indefinately. Itd be Byers or Weise IMO

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Odd timing now that it's confirmed that Gaborik is out for night. It's going to be a short bench.
Yep.

We're still in it though...

Old
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Telling tale that someone must be on their way up from Hartford and/or a trade just hasn't been announced yet.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
What I was afraid about when we got Lisin.

Sure, give him 3-4 years and he could have become a decent player. Like Martin Straka was one type of player when he was 23 y/o, and a completely different type of player when he was 33 y/o.

But its 100% pointless to get him, and then only give him 2/3 of a season. Completely pointless.
He's not even close to being as smart a hockey player as Straka. Or really as skilled either.

Yeah if you're a bottom feeding team with absolutely no depth and you're going to be there for 3 years then sure you can give Lisin all the time he needs to figure it out. But while the Rangers aren't an especially good team, they have plenty of guys they can play who are better than Lisin and who earned their icetime over him.

Quote:
Voros, good riddance but why Lisin for nothing?. Could they not get a freaking pick. I hope Voros gets a pick and Lisin miraculously clears but doubt it
Why would anyone want Lisin? What has he done to look attractive?

Fact is that we all kind kind of excited about some highlight reel goals, and some fans hyping him up, and we all thought "man this guy could be a legit offensive player!" and so we hold onto that idea even though he's proven he has next to no hockey smarts and his skills other than skating aren't much better than average.

Lisin is one of those guys that you hope you can work with and then he'll just "get it" and realize how to use his skills effectively, but Lisin hasn't gotten regardless of where the Rangers played him.

No one wants a player who can't be a defensive forward but isn't good enough at scoring to be a top six

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Telling tale that someone must be on their way up from Hartford and/or a trade just hasn't been announced yet.
Unless its from Ottawa i doubt those players will suit up tonight.

And those Ottawa bound Hartford kids better get on a plane, like right now.

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I think PA has a concussion and is out indefinately. Itd be Byers or Weise IMO
Paranteau is back

Old
03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
correct me if I am wrong but just because a player is on waivers does not mean they can't play. they are still on the team until they are assigned or pickedup on waivers

So Voros in I imagine and he will likely fight Carkner or Neil Expect a Shelley battle too

Gaborik and DZ out.......wow this sucks

can't believe Gabby is not playing.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Could the Rangers gotten more out of Korpikoski's value than 52 games and a waived player?

Geez. Close to another gross mismanagement of an asset. How many times is Sather going to reap what hes sewn? He's constantly moving pieces in and out like a deranged freak.

I'd like to see a list of all the notable players that have been brought in through trade, free agency and waivers and out via trade, waivers and retirement in the span of the last 2 years. Its got to be the most turnover out of any club in the league.
It also would be fun to see an official list of players we've drafted, hyped up, and then basically given away.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
correct me if I am wrong but just because a player is on waivers does not mean they can't play. they are still on the team until they are assigned or pickedup on waivers
You are correct. The only concern is if they are picked up before tonight's game. Once they clear waivers, they can be sent down at any time until 10 games or 30 days have passed, in which case they'd have to clear waivers again.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He gets 11 minutes a night. The last 4 games, he got about 9. Before that, he was getting 11 or 12. It's not big minutes, but he's done nothing in his time to make me think he's an NHL player. Tools but no toolbox, IMO.

People would be more pissed if he was a pick from the organization, but that's just because a lot of us overvalue our own guys. It doesn't say anything about Lisin's worth though.

Well, to be fair, you have to acknowledge that Torts' habitual line shuffling and reliance on veterans isn't the most opportunistic environment for a guy like Lisin to excel in. There was a period recently where it seemed like he played 6 mins a game.

I'm not a big fan of his game. But I do think they gave up on him to early. Was sending him to Hartford to play with Grachev ever a possibility?

He's got KHL written all over him. Hopefully Sather stops with these experiment trades, especially when they cause decent role players like Sjostrom, Betts or Korpedo to lose their jobs.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
GAGLine

Something else to consider here. This may not be just about clearing money. It could be about clearing contracts since we are at 50. It's possible that if neither get claimed that we won't be able to do whatever deal is in the works (which may be a good thing).

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

This does smell like trade. Why are two players on waives at once. Oh yeah, it's the Shelley trade. What a waste of a pick.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
I'm not a big fan of his game. But I do think they gave up on him to early. Was sending him to Hartford to play with Grachev ever a possibility?
He would have had to go through waivers, like he is now

In fact you could speculate that with the Wolfpack really struggling, this is also partly a move to bolster their lineup

Old
03-02-2010, 12:01 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
This does smell like trade. Why are two players on waives at once. Oh yeah, it's the Shelley trade. What a waste of a pick.
it's not a waste... he's a heavyweight... and Brashear is done here. it's 6th round...no biggie..

drafting Hugh Jessiman and Lori Korpikoski in the first round is a waste of a pick.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
they can both still play

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
now who can posters use to "sweeten the deal" in their outlandish trade proposals?

It's true... it's true... we're (NYR fans) soooooo lame.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote