HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Voros + Lisin on Waivers (update - both clear)

Old
03-02-2010, 01:04 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Wow. Hard to believe these guys weren't the basis of a package that would return us a top six forward or physical dman.
To be fair, Singn', Sather probably didn't offer to package Rozsival and a 2nd rounder with them. THEN we could have gotten anything we wanted.

You don't waive two forwards unless you plan on adding one. Simple as that.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://twitter.com/stevezipay

Quote:
Enver Lisin may also have been placed on waivers

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Could the Rangers gotten more out of Korpikoski's value than 52 games and a waived player?

Geez. Close to another gross mismanagement of an asset. How many times is Sather going to reap what hes sewn? He's constantly moving pieces in and out like a deranged freak.

I'd like to see a list of all the notable players that have been brought in through trade, free agency and waivers and out via trade, waivers and retirement in the span of the last 2 years. Its got to be the most turnover out of any club in the league.

That is why there is a rally planned for March 7th. This season was a gross miscalculation of talent...maybe his worst since he's been here.

Brashear, Lisin, Boyle, Kotalik and Higgins were all abominations.

Two top-20 picks in the 2004 draft got us nothing except a timely goal in a playoff game we lost anyway. The only salvation is that Dubinksy and Callahan make that a successful draft (remarkably, we had 5 picks before Dubi was selected late in round 2)

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:10 PM
OverTheCap

I think some people are forgetting that Lisin had an ample opportunity to prove himself at the start of the season, and failed to capitalize on it.

He was playing on the first line with Gaborik and was receiving PP time. But Lisin never really grasped hold of the opportunity and was demoted to the lower lines.

A few weeks ago, Lisin was flying all over the place during a game at the Garden, I think it was against the Preds, but every time he had to make a decision with the puck, he didn't know what to do. His reaction time is really slow. Maybe someday he'll pull it all together but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's not even close to being as smart a hockey player as Straka. Or really as skilled either.

Yeah if you're a bottom feeding team with absolutely no depth and you're going to be there for 3 years then sure you can give Lisin all the time he needs to figure it out. But while the Rangers aren't an especially good team, they have plenty of guys they can play who are better than Lisin and who earned their icetime over him.

Why would anyone want Lisin? What has he done to look attractive?

Fact is that we all kind kind of excited about some highlight reel goals, and some fans hyping him up, and we all thought "man this guy could be a legit offensive player!" and so we hold onto that idea even though he's proven he has next to no hockey smarts and his skills other than skating aren't much better than average.

Lisin is one of those guys that you hope you can work with and then he'll just "get it" and realize how to use his skills effectively, but Lisin hasn't gotten regardless of where the Rangers played him.

No one wants a player who can't be a defensive forward but isn't good enough at scoring to be a top six

Straka was on the scrap heap for 3 years of his career before going back to Pittsburgh. He was waived as well. He was anything but "smart" during those lean years

I'm not saying Lisin is anything close to what Straka became, but Lisin never had a chance to ride shotgun with the greatest scoring winger in NHL history for almost a decade.

By the way, I was never a marty Straka fan, so that may explain my ire

Either way, Lisin was a terrible acquisition.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The New York Rangers trade Leetch to Toronto for Immonen, Kondratiev, '04 1st,'05 2nd

Immonen - Europe
Kondratiev - Europe
'04 1st - Korpikoski -> Lisin -> Nothing
'05 2nd - Marc-Andre Cliche -> 1/3 Avery

So therefore,
The New York Rangers trade Leetch for 1/3 Sean Avery

Now, Granted Avery left and then we got him back, but he never comes back if he never came here to begin with.

Anyway, great move there.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Interesting comparing lisin to straka. I've no memory of a young strata other than him being a good player.
Posted via Mobile Device
Which just so happens to be the biggest difference between Lisin and a younger Straka.

Straka's 2nd year? 30 goals and 34 assists. Mario played in just 22 games that year so it wasn't the Lemieux factor.

Straka was better offensively, and defensively than Lisin is at the same times in their respective careers.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:18 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
The New York Rangers trade Leetch to Toronto for Immonen, Kondratiev, '04 1st,'05 2nd

Immonen - Europe
Kondratiev - Europe

So therefore,

Now, Granted Avery left and then we got him back, but he never comes back if he never came here to begin with.

MA Cliche is hardly anything special. If we didn't have him then we would have traded a different mediocre prospect.

So basically that trade got us a few months of Petr Sykora

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Immonen - Europe
Kondratiev - Europe

So therefore,

Nice, lol

So essentially a pair of designer glasses for a first ballot hall of famer.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Leetch played what? One more full season after that? cmon.

Players get dealt, even fan favorites. Its part of the business.

Not every sell is going to get us Bobby Ryan.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Wow. Hard to believe these guys weren't the basis of a package that would return us a top six forward or physical dman.
haha, well played.

So does this mean all we have to show from the Leetch trade is Michael Sauer? Good times. The musical chairs continues. Who cares if any of these changes actually improve us as a team, all that matters is that there is something different for the fans to talk about.

Here is how Sather treats the NYR Fans. We are in a pit. Unable to get out. Sather is at the top of the pit looking down at us.
We yell " hey can you throw us a rope or a ladder so we can get out of here?" Sather responds...." no problem, and throws us down an XBox (this pit has electrical outlets)". Although the Xbox is entertaining we are no further along in getting out of the pit. A month passes and we are still in the pit but we are growing tired of the XBox. So we yell "ok, that Xbox was mildly entertaining but not really what we needed. Can you throw us a rope so we can get out now? Sather says "no problem", then throws down a Playstation3.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
So basically that trade got us a few months of Petr Sykora
which contributed more than Brian Leetch did to the Leafs.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
haha, well played.

So does this mean all we have to show from the Leetch trade is Michael Sauer? Good times. The musical chairs continues. Who cares if any of these changes actually improve us as a team, all that matters is that there is something different for the fans to talk about.

Here is how Sather treats the NYR Fans. We are in a pit. Unable to get out. Sather is at the top of the pit looking down at us.
We yell " hey can you throw us a rope or a ladder so we can get out of here?" Sather responds...." no problem, and throws us down an XBox (this pit has electrical outlets)". Although the Xbox is entertaining we are no further along in getting out of the pit. A month passes and we are still in the pit but we are growing tired of the XBox. So we yell "ok, that Xbox was mildly entertaining but not really what we needed. Can you throw us a rope so we can get out now? Sather says "no problem", then throws down a Playstation3.
Awesome analogy.

I'm sure he threw down some used games he paid top dollar for like NHL07 for 79.99 too. Redden is good in that game.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Ah my bad, forgot that Kondratiev got us Sykora for a bit.

Either way, knowing how it turned out, I keep Leetch for the extra year. If the Rangers drafted properly in 04/05, then we could be signing a different tune today.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:28 PM
SouvenirCity

Quote:

Immonen - Europe
Kondratiev - Europe

So therefore,

Brian Leetch 2003/2004 w/ TML: 15GP, 2G, 13A, 15PTS
Petr Sykora 2005/2006 w/ NYR: 40GP, 16G, 15A, 31PTS

Leetch for Sykora alone is a fair deal, with the other pieces being icing on the cake. Sykora's role on the 05/06 team was much more important than Leetch's role on the 03/04 team, aside from the "He should've always been a ranger" fan mentality.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
What I was afraid about when we got Lisin.

Sure, give him 3-4 years and he could have become a decent player. Like Martin Straka was one type of player when he was 23 y/o, and a completely different type of player when he was 33 y/o.

But its 100% pointless to get him, and then only give him 2/3 of a season. Completely pointless.
uh, Straka scored 30 goals and 64 points in his second season as a 21 y/o.

Your point is correct that Lisin has potential to become a better player but you are entirely off base using Straka as a comparison. Given his history, I'd be surprised if he ever broke 40 points a season let alone 30 goals and 64 points.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Awesome analogy.

I'm sure he threw down some used games he paid top dollar for like NHL07 for 79.99 too. Redden is good in that game.
Thank you. In hindsight I probably gave Sather too much credit using an Xbox and Playstation 3 in the analogy. I should have said a Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast. Something that was useful in 2001 but serves little purpose now. (Redden)

Old
03-02-2010, 01:34 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

The thing I hate the most about Ranger fans is their relentless appetite for trying to sell you on a garbage player and justify garbage players' acquisitions.

Enver Lisin is, pure, hockey garbage.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Awesome analogy.

Hahahaha

exactly what I was thinking

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Think they will hang around with the Rangers if they clear or be sent to Hartford?

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Thank you. In hindsight I probably gave Sather too much credit using an Xbox and Playstation 3 in the analogy. I should have said a Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast. Something that was useful in 2001 but serves little purpose now. (Redden)
kinda like my first digital camera?

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:47 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
kinda like my first digital camera?

haha, I love the floppy disk going into the camera.

Old
03-02-2010, 01:48 PM
nyr2417

With Sutton going to Ottawa does this mean Volchenkov is a real possibility to be traded?

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Floppy Disks? What? How about these bad boys?

Old
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM
nyr2417

per zipay lisin in tonight voros out

stevezipay

Clarification: Lisin, although waived, eligible to dress tonight and will; Voros won't

less than 5 seconds ago

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote