HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#63 - 03.02.2010 | New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-02-2010, 03:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopoko View Post
Ah, now I understand why. Yeah, he's got to go. He's a good friend of Lundqvist though and he looks nice, but yeah we need someone better.
Welcome to HF!

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post

First of all, the Bronze isn't "worthless" especially for a guy from Slovakia who's never won an Olympic medal along with the rest of the Slovakian hockey team. I'm pretty sure all of us did not want him playing if he wasn't 100 percent but that medal is something that means a lot to others even if you consider it worthless. And good thing you're not running the team, otherwise Gaborik may never be healthy.
There are plenty of children all over the world who dream of having the opportunity to represent their country and win a medal at the Olympics.

The people who ***** and complain about Gaborik playing in a "meaningless" bronze medal game obviously did not have such dreams, nor do they respect those Olympians who have a chance of fulfilling their dream.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:18 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
There are plenty of children all over the world who dream of having the opportunity to represent their country and win a medal at the Olympics.

The people who ***** and complain about Gaborik playing in a "meaningless" bronze medal game obviously did not have such dreams, nor do they respect those Olympians who have a chance of fulfilling their dream.
had gaby blown a knee or henrik the same, you would be whistling a different tune right about now.

the olympics are nice and all but lose your best player to a serious injury in that competition and your current season, and maybe more, goes in the dumper.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
had gaby blown a knee or henrik the same, you would be whistling a different tune right about now.

the olympics are nice and all but lose your best player to a serious injury in that competition and your current season, and maybe more, goes in the dumper.
Maybe any other season, I'd care, but not this one. If we lost Gaborik or Henrik while we were at the top of the conference, I'd be pissed, but at this point this team may not be able to make the playoffs with both those players being healthy for most of the year.

The Rangers aren't accomplishing crap this season. Watching the Olympics was a lot more enjoyable for me than watching many Rangers' games this season. I like that some of our Rangers' had the opportunity to win a medal, because they aren't winning anything else this year.

Old
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post

First of all, the Bronze isn't "worthless" especially for a guy from Slovakia who's never won an Olympic medal along with the rest of the Slovakian hockey team. I'm pretty sure all of us did not want him playing if he wasn't 100 percent but that medal is something that means a lot to others even if you consider it worthless. And good thing you're not running the team, otherwise Gaborik may never be healthy.
The bronze metal is worthless, do the have a series for the two conference losers in the stanley cup playoffs, no! Gabby has a responsibility to the team who is helping him have a great life style! If he was hurt before that game, ifhe hadany loyalty to the NYR he would have sat out that game. He has no loyalty to us just like mot players!!!!!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quick, call Burke and see if he will take Gaborik and Byers for Kessel.

I've never seen a player more fragile then Gaborik.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
frankthefrowner

No Gabby as per Zipay

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
The bronze metal is worthless, do the have a series for the two conference losers in the stanley cup playoffs, no! Gabby has a responsibility to the team who is helping him have a great life style! If he was hurt before that game, ifhe hadany loyalty to the NYR he would have sat out that game. He has no loyalty to us just like mot players!!!!!
Bronze Metal may be more or less worthless, however the Bronze Medal, is not. It's an honor to win any medal in the Olympics, see how many countries compete their hardest and don't even win a single medal.

The opportunity to win a medal in hockey for your country happens to, at most 20 people in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!!!! And, it happens, at most, 4 or 5 times during a players career, but more often than not, not more than two or three times, if you are very fortunate. A player has the chance to win the Stanley cup for sometimes 15-20 years in their career (at least theoretically) and there are something like hundreds and hundreds of players on 30 teams who have the opportunity to do so.

The Olympics for many athletes is >>>>>>> The Stanley Cup.

and frankly, for me, it's about the same in terms of importance.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Quick, call Burke and see if he will take Gaborik and Byers for Kessel.

I've never seen a player more fragile then Gaborik.
yeah, its a shame the guy doesnt have impenetrable skin that razor sharp skate blades can't pass through.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Rags225

Quote:
He does have loyalty. To his country, which is a hell of a lot more important than a team. The country that he lived in, trained, and became a great hockey player in!

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
frankthefrowner

There are 7.5 Million reasons he shouldnt have played for the Bronze.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
this is about the most rediculous thing ive heard in a while...

as previous poster have noted, these guys grow up dreaming of playing for thier country especially european players. To try and belittle gabby for wanting to play for a "worthless" bronze medal is just laughable. First of all, saying the bronze medal means nothing (especially to a Euro country) is rediculous...tell that to the russians who are currently in the process of exhiling everyone in anyway associated with the 2010 olympic effort. It may be "worthless" to you but i can guarantee it wasnt for anyone participating.
get over yourself and realize that these players feel a sense of loyalty to thier countries often times greater than thier high paying NHL teams. Look at Ovy who openly said he would leave the NHL in a hot minute if they tried to keep him from competing in the olympics.
If you cant understand why a guy would chose to play in a "worthless" game for his country rather than preserve himself for the last 20 games of a dreadful season...well, i duno what to tell ya.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
There are 7.5 Million reasons he shouldnt have played for the Bronze.
So then he put his country first over money. I have a hard time being angry at him for that.

Listen, I know some Rangers' fans would love to hear that the players put their NHL team first over their country.

But that's not reality. Playing in the Olympics is a great honor. I'm not sure if it's because I've always been a big fan of the Olympics and others just don't appreciate it as much, but it seems like a lot of people these days don't realize the importance of playing in the Olympics.

Old
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
First at all.
He have to have loyality to his country that supported his talent with donation of new equipement, free trainings, not paying for coaches.
No. At first it is not about loyalty to money. But loyalty to country. If he want more money some club in KHL would give him $10 mil. anytime like they gave that to Jagr....
Not only in KHL but some club in NHL *cough* Edmonton *cough* would give him more. So if we are talking about life style, rangers fan have luck that they can attend stadium where gaborik is playing his home games.

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I've said it at least three times during the last two weeks...

to some guys...

Olympic Medal > Stanley Cup

and I can't say I blame ANYONE who feels that way...you have a chance to win a Stanley Cup every single year...you have a chance to win an Olympic medal 2 or 3, maybe 4, times in your career. And winning an Olympic Medal means you were part of one of the three best teams IN THE WORLD. Not just in a single country.

http://www.betus.com/sports-betting/...ce-03-02-2010/

There is a reason 80% of Canada was watching the gold medal game at some point and about 50% of Canada watch the game in its entirety. And there was a reason that in the States the peak audience was almost 35 million at one point. There is a reason people watched that game, but the Stanley Cup finals this past year only had a fraction of that. It IS more important than the NHL regular season or playoffs.

I don't get why people can't understand this.

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
yeah, its a shame the guy doesnt have impenetrable skin that razor sharp skate blades can't pass through.
The reports are the new injury is unrelated to the laceration.

It was suggested he has a groin injury on one blog.

It was mentioned on XM radio by Zipay about an hour ago that the injury is unrelated to the laceration and its a "lower body injury". Sound familiar?

If it turns out to be the soreness or somthing from the laceration, great. Then its nothing serious.

But with this guy's track record, its an unrelated "lower body injury" and he will miss significant time and disappear off the face of the planet for a couple weeks now.

The saying applies: "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" well this is fool me several times already.

Old
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
bubba5

Then tell the slovaks to pay him 7.5 mil to play in that game. If he gets hurt during the game, thats one thing and whatever. But to be hurt already, and its a problem that has plagued your whole career, you have the responsibility to your employer, who pays you a whole lot of $$$$$ to sit that game out.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:17 PM
slovakfan*

nah, rangers fans are definetely corrupted to pure business. With history of your club it is embarassing that majority (like 80-90%) have instead eyes and heart just $$$ - I mean money...

So good luck Rangers. And don't break down our Marian

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I have to agree.

The Olympics eclipse the Stanley Cup by a large margin.

In one instance, you are representing a city. And a small/regional fan base.

In the other instance, you are representing an entire country.

An Olympic medal is the highest possible achievement in sports.

The Stanley Cup is only the highest achievement in the NHL.

If the Devils win the Cup, the only people who care is the small New Jersey based fan group.

If the US wins a gold medal in the Olympics, millions of people across thousands of miles care.

Old
HockeyBasedNYC

And this all goes hand in hand with the NHL players in the Olympics argument. Theres actually a thread for it here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=744351

How about some predictions on the game thats going to be played tonight?

Ottawa 4- Rangers 2

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

GOD PLEASE NOOOOO, NOOTTT GABORIK BEING INJURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought we actually had a chance this year, but with Gaborik gone

Fugettahboutit.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
The team can win games without Gaborik. It just cant put up a respectable record over a long period of time. We can survive 3 or 4 more games without him. But if hes done for the year, so are we.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

With Gaborik injured, and the most important stretch of the schedule in the next couple weeks, Sather should be in sell mode.

There is ZERO realistic chance the Rangers beat out the teams around them in the standings without any credible primary scoring threat.

Who is going to carry the offense? Christensen?

Just sell.

Stock pile draft picks. Or target young players.

Old
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
AJRanger

I think we can beat Ottawa without Gabby; Pittsburgh and Washington, however, are a completely different matter.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
With Gaborik injured, and the most important stretch of the schedule in the next couple weeks, Sather should be in sell mode.

There is ZERO realistic chance the Rangers beat out the teams around them in the standings without any credible primary scoring threat.

Who is going to carry the offense? Christensen?

Just sell.

Stock pile draft picks. Or target young players.
I have no idea how you were able to type that post knowing good and we'll that there is no chance in hell that would EVER happen, not as long as Batman and Robin are running the show.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote