HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Team USA appreciation thread

Old
03-02-2010, 07:28 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes McSnipes View Post
**** Canada, too many of their fans are acting so damn cocky.
dude, it's hockey; let em have it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Good **** team USA! Our country couldn't have been better represented. I made a few great memories with friends watching these games. The Parise goal with 20 seconds left and how we lost our damn minds was one of the few things that actually deserve the word epic. I heard half my block go *******!

To the cool Canadian fans on the board, congrats! To the not so cool Canadian fans on the board......**** it....congrats anyway, ya hosers.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 07:57 AM
mnhowitzer

I loved watching this USA team, especially the Langenbrunner, Parise and Statsny line and the Johnson's on Defense playing their ***** off. It was a great tournament for USA hockey. Last time I checked USA was holding the U-20, U-18 and U-17 titles, so USA hockey isn't going anywhere for awhile as long as they keep putting the best "team" on the ice and not paying respect to the elders or those who feel entitled because of past associations with USA hockey.

Even though USA lost the Gold medal to Canada, I thoroughly enjoyed the game "that didn't count" in the prelims. Fact is, USA may NEVER beat Canada IN CANADA during the Olympics for the rest of my life. It is an event that just doesn't occur. I savored it, I savored this squad, and hopefully we will see the pros in Sochi in 2014.

Congrats Team USA on a great tournament. In my eyes, you "won" Silver, you didn't "lose" Gold.

mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:11 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Mad respect fot Parise and especially Miller. Miller is great, and classy.

Unfortunately, I can never appreciate a team with Wilson as a coach and a person like Kesler on the team. Great player though, no doubting that.

The Expert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Minirex22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Mad respect fot Parise and especially Miller. Miller is great, and classy.

Unfortunately, I can never appreciate a team with Wilson as a coach and a person like Kesler on the team. Great player though, no doubting that.
and yet you appreciate bums like fisher and j.ruutu.

Minirex22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
BudForLife

Heard this on the radio today on Fan590 in Toronto.

They interviewed The Canadian Police Commander in Kandahar (sp??) -- He said that the U.S. and Canadian troops have become great friends. Over each of their barracks hangs a sign reading:

"U.S.A./Canada -- Brothers In Arms".

With all the hype of the Canadian/U.S. Gold finals they decided to watch the game together. For fun, they decided that they would change their signs for the game day to read:

"U.S.A./Canada -- Brothers In Arms...but not in hockey".

They were forever grateful for being able to watch the game...they had a great time together. For those few hours they all cheered and forgot about all the ugliness of their surroundings.

I thought it was such a great story...kind of choked me up.

And here we all are in the comfort of our livingrooms....and then we come on this board and some of us just rip into each other. SHAME ON US!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR COUNTRIES.

Last edited by BudForLife: 03-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.
BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:08 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minirex22 View Post
and yet you appreciate bums like fisher and j.ruutu.
Is that supposed to be taken seriously?

The Expert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Gomionta

Having a dual citizenship it makes me cringe when my American brothers say ****** things about Canadians in this thread.

Why is it that when we are happy about our athletes it Patriotism, but when Canada is happy it's being cocky?

I live in Montreal but was born in Vermont and I must say, the real people in the states are sure not *******s like the people on this forum.

Gomionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

This team over achieved. I would have never thought we could Silver in this tournament, with these talent laden teams.

Anyone that is dissapointed in the success of US hockey in this tournament needs to just stop and consider the field. Russia, arguably the most talented team in the tournament, Canada the juggernaut, the always very competitive Finn and Swedish teams, the Czech team that has alot of success in this tournaments historically, a Slovakian team that had something to prove(and did imo), a Suise team that plays insanely well in world competitions.

I give 2 honors to this team.

1. Ron Wilson for bringing this thing together and implementing a winning system.
2. All the players for accepting their roles and playing as a team, moreso than any other team in this tournament.

The groundwork laid in this tournament will reap rewards for years to come. The culture of winning that has been absent for many years, is coming back.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Washington Capitals

I'm so proud of this team.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
fronkjonk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomionta View Post
Having a dual citizenship it makes me cringe when my American brothers say ****** things about Canadians in this thread.

Why is it that when we are happy about our athletes it Patriotism, but when Canada is happy it's being cocky?

I live in Montreal but was born in Vermont and I must say, the real people in the states are sure not *******s like the people on this forum.
Ya I gotta admit it is kind of embarassing some of it.

Especially "whatever dude, its just hockey"

JUST HOCKEY?? You wouldn't be on this site if hockey wasn't a big deal to you.

fronkjonk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Habnot

Love the US team. This team is going to be good for a long time.

Players hat surprised
P-Kane - I thought he was good but never this good. Against the best and biggest, still was able to control and create.
Dustin Brown - WOW - we don't see him often on the East Coast but what a combination of speed, skill and toughness.
Kesler - Again, we don't see enough on the East Coast but a complete hockey player.
EJ and JJ -unreal how good and so young.

Disappointment
Kessel - has skill and speed but doesn't play well in traffic and cannot create much on his own.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
They were one Paul Martin away...

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Cashew

Found this picture, and damn... This is my motivation to count down the days to the Sochi...

I have so much respect for Parise now. I've never seen a kid with more heart in my life...

Cashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF is my GOD View Post

Found this picture, and damn... This is my motivation to count down the days to the Sochi...

I have so much respect for Parise now. I've never seen a kid with more heart in my life...
Respect kid. I'm with you on this one. Remember when you get upset think of this in your head and sing the team america theme song:

Brown Oshie Backes
Bogosian Fowler

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:12 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudForLife View Post
Heard this on the radio today on Fan590 in Toronto.

They interviewed The Canadian Police Commander in Kandahar (sp??) -- He said that the U.S. and Canadian troops have become great friends. Over each of their barracks hangs a sign reading:

"U.S.A./Canada -- Brothers In Arms".

With all the hype of the Canadian/U.S. Gold finals they decided to watch the game together. For fun, they decided that they would change their signs for the game day to read:

"U.S.A./Canada -- Brothers In Arms...but not in hockey".

They were forever grateful for being able to watch the game...they had a great time together. For those few hours they all cheered and forgot about all the ugliness of their surroundings.

I thought it was such a great story...kind of choked me up.

And here we all are in the comfort of our livingrooms....and then we come on this board and some of us just rip into each other. SHAME ON US!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR COUNTRIES.

great story, makes you put things into perspective and what we do take for granted.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:

this kid is allll heart, and I am positive that he is now my favorite player...

I will say this, there will be a ton of kids who now have an appreciation for this sport, and those who played it already that will ALL want to be the next Zach Parise. Better times ahead, and this kid will be one of the main reasons as to why. Class act.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Canuck21t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes McSnipes View Post
**** Canada, too many of their fans are acting so damn cocky.

I wish they would give us more credit. The U.S. played an amazing tournament. We only lossed one game - and it was the Gold Medal game. We took it to OT and did NOT make it easy on Canada at all. Plus, we were 1-0-1 against them and they were 1-1 against us. We played them real tough and almost beat them both times.

Silver is still GREAT. So you dumbass Canadian fans that are trying to degrade us by saying "enjoy your silver medal" -- thanks, I will. I'm ecstatic with silver considering nobody even predicted us to finish with a medal in the first place.

Team USA played their hearts out and played good every game IMO.

Ryan Miller is such a stud. Easily the MVP of the Tournament. He dominated everyone; enough said.

One nation under Miller. He is God.

So proud of this team, and I love my country.

USA > Canada no matter what
Give me a freaking break. Why do Americans have such thin skin? Americans look down on us all the freaking time. I don't know how many times I've heard Americans say that Canada is only good at hockey. I hope you guys will remember these Olympics for a very long time. And yes, we know that you love your country and we love ours too.

Canuck21t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
aldo2121

" Great tourney and, as fans of the game, I think we were all winners here "

Well put. It was a hell of a ride....Thank you Team USA for the memories, and the ones yet to come!

aldo2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:22 PM
MugenSilverSiR

Quote:

As the media were saying, "Parise's passport may say American, but he sure plays like a Canadian."

MugenSilverSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:09 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenSilverSiR View Post
As the media were saying, "Parise's passport may say American, but he sure plays like a Canadian."
That seems pretty disrespectful. I know it is meant to be a compliment, but it comes off like only Canadians can play with heart.

invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fronkjonk View Post
Ya I gotta admit it is kind of embarassing some of it.

Especially "whatever dude, its just hockey"

JUST HOCKEY?? You wouldn't be on this site if hockey wasn't a big deal to you.
hockey is my favorite sport, it isn't my life

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:38 AM
fronkjonk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Precisely.

Hockey is not my life, but winning (losing) the biggest tournament that happens every 4 years is a pretty significant accomplishment (disappointment)

fronkjonk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:38 AM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post

Believe it or not, hockey isn't most Canadians' "life" either and if being dispassionate about the sport is your way of being cool, then have at it. I'm not necessarily referring to your post, but the previous poster who is trying to diminish the value of the win. Most Canadians are well aware that the gold means way more to the average Canadian than the average American, but it just seems lame to come to a thread about being proud of your country's hockey team just to say you don't care about hockey

CanaFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:54 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Major credit to the US on an amazing tournament. They were fun to watch and I followed them pretty closely after Canada. Before Crosby, Parise had his own epic goal and that in it's own was a shocking moment. I knew the US would do better than everyone predicted and it was great to see that come to fruition. Miller is amazing, and Parise has been one of my favorite players in the league for the last year since I had him on my fantasy team and watch a ton of Devils hockey, I knew he'd be THE guy for the States.

Awesome seeing the US as Canada's biggest rival again!
Can't wait to do it all again.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote