HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Deadline Thread - Part II

View Poll Results: hypothetical -- what would you give for Kaberle?
Hodgson (blue chip prospect) 3 5.36%
Schroeder, Bernier, 4th (next-to-blue chip prospect, decent young player) 17 30.36%
Grabner, 1st (next-to-blue chip prospect, top pick) 11 19.64%
Raymond, 3rd (quality young roster player, mid pick) 0 0%
a lesser pkg -- some combo of our bottom 6ers, mid prospect, mid pick 9 16.07%
Dont want him at any price 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
I hope whoever is interested in Schneider has scouts watching the Moose play tonight. Stopped 34 of 35 and named 1st star. curious if we could dig up which teams scouts were at the game.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Brian Elliotts presence makes that deal make little sense, does it not? You really think that the Sens would deal a shot blocking d-man for an unproven young goalie when they are embarking on a playoff run.
Well he said Schneider was a part of the deal.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Brian Elliotts presence makes that deal make little sense, does it not? You really think that the Sens would deal a shot blocking d-man for an unproven young goalie when they are embarking on a playoff run.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
rye&ginger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Look at what a mess the Jackets still are after he got through with them. Their new GM isn't much better with the way he traded Gilbert Brule straight up for Raffi Torres. Maybe he'll trade us Filatov for Steve Bernier?
Torres is playing well for them though. Brule has a lot to prove still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
if we got him i would **** everywhere
a/s/l ?

Old
03-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Henrik Maneuver

iTunes link

Quote:
TSN Mobile: TradeCentre Edition is TSN's first special-event iPhone application, created to keep you in the loop about every move made on and before NHL Trade Deadline Day, Wednesday, March 3. You're plugged into the TSN TradeCentre wherever you go:

- The 'Trades' section lists all the trades chronologically, with new ones added the second we know about them

- Each trade is also sent out via optional iPhone 'push' notifications, so you'll know about each trade even if you're doing something else on your iPhone

- Starting at 8am ET (5am PT) you can watch TSN's live HDTV coverage of TradeCentre right on your iPhone or iPod touch

- For complete details and analysis, checkout the 'News' tab. Every trade tells a story, and we've got them all, along with blogs and columns from TSN's award-winning team of hockey journalists

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/feature/?id=17286

Old
03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
skg

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I wished AV would've kept his trap shut about Mitchell's injury until after the deadline.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:29 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
The only way the Canucks move Hodgson,is for a elite number 1 defenceman (Not Kaberle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Look at what a mess the Jackets still are after he got through with them. Their new GM isn't much better with the way he traded Gilbert Brule straight up for Raffi Torres. Maybe he'll trade us Filatov for Steve Bernier?
The app gave me the alert about 1 hour after the Tor-Pitt trade broke. Pretty useless unless you wont be at the TV or online tomorrow. Decent for tuning in I guess, but your battery will last about an hour tops!

Old
03-02-2010, 10:31 PM
rye&ginger

Question: Why are Gillis and the others in Chicago? I cant figure out why they are there, and not in Detroit or Vancouver.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Question: Why are Gillis and the others in Chicago? I cant figure out why they are there, and not in Detroit or Vancouver.
DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old
03-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I wished AV would've kept his trap shut about Mitchell's injury until after the deadline.
Yeah, I had the same thought when it first came up. That probably didn't make it any easier for Gillis to get a defenceman inexpensively.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:36 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Quote:
As per TC Carling of the Canucks (PR guy?):

Quote:
@taj1944 the team comes here right after the deadline. Bringing everyone to Van was too challenging with hotels, flights etc due to Olympics
Kudos to xtrem for pointing this out to me when I asked the same question.

Note that the Canucks play in Chicago on Friday, if that wasn't already clear.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Canucks play in Chicago on Friday so I guess they would rather settle down in Chicago instead of having to travel with the team from Detroit to Chicago.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

I've watched enough of these things now that I could care less, and in fact would be perfectly happy, if Gillis didn't do anything tomorrow. Or at least apart from making a reasonable deal for a guy we can keep around for the long term like Dan Hamhuis.

The way I see it the as the Canucks are now our window of opportunity stretches a good deal into the future. So I think it would be more effective to keep our picks and prospect grooming them into cheap & effective players that can be called up at any time.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
to negotiate a Dan Hamhuis extension on Thursday

Old
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
rye&ginger

yeah I knew we were in Chicago on Friday, but figured by Wednesday noon most of the work is done and they can be at the game in Detroit. Must be too complicated still.

Easiest explanation is that Chicago is a nice city and Detroit isn't. Deep dish pizza, also awesome.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
I've watched enough of these things now that I could care less, and in fact would be perfectly happy, if Gillis didn't do anything tomorrow. Or at least apart from making a reasonable deal for a guy we can keep around for the long term like Dan Hamhuis.

The way I see it the as the Canucks are now our window of opportunity stretches a good deal into the future. So I think it would be more effective to keep our picks and prospect grooming them into cheap & effective players that can be called up at any time.
I couldn't agree more. NO RENTALS PLEASE!!!

Old
03-02-2010, 10:51 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
I concur. Both he and Demitra have looked terrific.
Yeah cuz Demitra was really a problem with this team.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
The Big Foot

How about Jan Hejda from the CBJs? Shutdown, seems like the fans are happy with him over there...They'de probably ask for Edler, we could offer Bieksa...throw in Hansen?
Bieksa, Hansen, Ellington for Hejda and Torres would look alright.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:56 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
How about Jan Hejda from the CBJs? Shutdown, seems like the fans are happy with him over there...They'de probably ask for Edler, we could offer Bieksa...throw in Hansen?
Bieksa, Hansen, Ellington for Hejda and Torres would look alright.
Hejda is nothing special, but I do that in a heartbeat. Torres-Wellie-Samuelsson, suddenly a pretty good 3rd line.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Blackjackz

I don't see Gillis doing anything that could upset the chemistry of this club. There are three players who make the most sense to be in play (i) Cory Schneider, (ii) Mathieu Schnieder, (iii) Michael Grabner. The time is right to move Cory, if there is interest in the prospect then that team should make the move. Mathieu Schnieder can be had for under 300K salary hit, as he just got his bonus, I suspect there is a contender out there that will take a flyer on him. And Grabner is a guy we don't want to lose, but he could have some value. In the end you have to give up something to get something, and Grabner may be a bargaining chip if we are going to round out this team for the playoffs.

I am not sure if I heard Doug Maclean correctly, but I think it is wishful thinking of the TO media if they think the Canucks are going to move Hodgson, especially for an overpriced and over-rated, Tomas Karbele. The only way Hodgson gets moved is for a significant package, and I just don't see that happening at this point in hte season. The trading deadline is for rental players.

Old
03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Hey guys, apparently Hodgson can't play 3rd line center the next few seasons behind Sedin and Kesler. 3rd line center is the perfect way to break him into the NHL, when the time comes and Hodgson is too good for that role Kes can always swing over to RW.
Totally agree with you. At this point Hodson should be a huge upgrade on Weldwood. I remember hearing, I think it was Botchford, saying that Vancouver's years will be in 2011 & 2012 because players like Hodgson, Schroeder, Grabner will have matured to the point that they can fill thee gaps that Vancouver has.

I just don't think Vancouver has the assets necessary to make any deals. I mean assets they have the balls to move.

But I would say this... the Twins are having or were having career years, Luongo off a Gold... does Gillies roll the dice? It might be good to strike while the Iron is hot.

Old
03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
newostar

Huge disclaimer on this tidbit, coming from Eklund, but he's saying "Canucks closing in on Horton" tonight.

Not much truth there, probably just sensing we need a big centre...didn't say what he think is coming back.

Oh well, take it with a large grain of salt. At least it can spark a conversation about getting him from Florida.

Old
03-02-2010, 11:02 PM
pitseleh

How in the world is Ryan Jones on waivers? He'd be a substantial upgrade on anyone the Canucks have on their fourth line and he's still big and physical enough to play the type of game Vigneault expects from his fourth line. Plus he makes less than $200k more than Hordichuk.

Old
03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Horton can play RW just as efficiently, no? That would be a great pick up.

Old
03-02-2010, 11:04 PM
LostMyGlasses*

I couldn't even imagine what we'd be sending to Florida for Horton?

Closed Thread