HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Aaron Voros, Enver Lisin, Lukowich, Ryan Oulahen, A Eriksson, Chelios, Ryan Jones

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
  #101
Silver91
Agent 0091
 
Silver91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,062
vCash: 500
Burke should be taking a flyer on Lisin. I mean, there's absolutley nothing to lose, especially considering we should be short on bodies tomorrow afternoon. If he plays like a *****, then we just don't re-sign him in the summer.

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
  #102
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise
 
SuperDave21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKishimoto View Post
From the little games I've seen, I love Lisin's skating abilities. It's too bad that's pretty much all he does =/
Yep, you nailed it. When we traded him for Korpedo, I was a little disappointed. However, after watching Korpedo play this season, it's obvious why we made the move: Lisin is fast as lightning, but nothing else. He can't finish and he can't play defense. Korpedo, on the other hand, can finish and can play defense. I think the trade is basically a wash at this point, but Lisin will never be more than speed skater who pretends to play hockey. Sad to say it.

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
  #103
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified
 
Mike Farkas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffForsberg21 View Post
The answer is in section 50.8 (g) (iii) of the CBA

"For a Player on an AHL contract with a Minor League Salary and compensation that could be earned in excess of the applicable amount set forth above in this Section (for this year 105,000$), who signs an NHL SPC for the same season with the AHL team's NHL affiliated Club the Player must first clear the new Re-Entry Waiver..."

This is the case of Mark Parrish, Jassen Cullimore and now Chris Chelios, the 3 needed to pass re-entry waivers because they played with the AHL affiliate of the NHL club who signed them. In the case of Grahame, I had no explanation because he did not played with Lake Erie (AHL affiliate of the Avalanche) but I suspect it's an error of McKenzie, I really didn't see why the Avs will sign Grahame with Anderson and Budaj already there.
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like finding and subsequently signing an AHL player to an NHL contract puts you at at least a minor disadvantage. Let's say Chelios gets 1 year, $500,000, he goes on, what we now are suggesting, re-entry waivers and Phoenix (for fun) claims him. The Thrashers get stuck with $250,000 on their cap (I know, pro-rated, yada, yada, that's not the point here) just for signing this guy? That doesn't really sound too great...

It's fine with just regular waivers...if you wanted Chelios, you would have signed him yourself for the same 1 year, $500,000 contract - Phoenix, for the sake of being respectful or otherwise, would not claim his contract the day he signed with Atlanta...but off re-entry, maybe you consider it...

I don't know, I guess I'm looking too deep into it...but having a player you just signed require re-entry waivers seems like more of a punishment (however small) than anything else...

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
  #104
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh claim Lisin to play with Malkin

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  #105
Silver91
Agent 0091
 
Silver91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like finding and subsequently signing an AHL player to an NHL contract puts you at at least a minor disadvantage. Let's say Chelios gets 1 year, $500,000, he goes on, what we now are suggesting, re-entry waivers and Phoenix (for fun) claims him. The Thrashers get stuck with $250,000 on their cap (I know, pro-rated, yada, yada, that's not the point here) just for signing this guy? That doesn't really sound too great...

It's fine with just regular waivers...if you wanted Chelios, you would have signed him yourself for the same 1 year, $500,000 contract - Phoenix, for the sake of being respectful or otherwise, would not claim his contract the day he signed with Atlanta...but off re-entry, maybe you consider it...

I don't know, I guess I'm looking too deep into it...but having a player you just signed require re-entry waivers seems like more of a punishment (however small) than anything else...
I think it's maybe a way of preventing a team from avoiding the waivers process. I mean, if they had signed him to an NHL contract at the start of the year and sent him down (waived him), he would have had to clear re-entry to come back up. I think this is just a means to prevent teams from bypassing that.

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
  #106
JeffForsberg21
Registered User
 
JeffForsberg21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like finding and subsequently signing an AHL player to an NHL contract puts you at at least a minor disadvantage. Let's say Chelios gets 1 year, $500,000, he goes on, what we now are suggesting, re-entry waivers and Phoenix (for fun) claims him. The Thrashers get stuck with $250,000 on their cap (I know, pro-rated, yada, yada, that's not the point here) just for signing this guy? That doesn't really sound too great...

It's fine with just regular waivers...if you wanted Chelios, you would have signed him yourself for the same 1 year, $500,000 contract - Phoenix, for the sake of being respectful or otherwise, would not claim his contract the day he signed with Atlanta...but off re-entry, maybe you consider it...

I don't know, I guess I'm looking too deep into it...but having a player you just signed require re-entry waivers seems like more of a punishment (however small) than anything else...
Yeah, I know what you mean but maybe it's a way to "force" team to sign players early in the season. BTW, I got the explanation on John Grahame contract, he is not on re-entry waivers but on regular waivers, he got sign by the Avs then sent down to play with Lake Erie. Still weird move as they could just signed him to an AHL contract but I think he has family in the Avs organization

JeffForsberg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
  #107
CR15
Registered User
 
CR15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
I hope Jones gets claimed would not be suprised to see Burke claim him.

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 04:08 PM
  #108
burgess1978
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Gold Coast
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 500
I could see San Jose picking up Lukowich again. He was a really nice fit there and they only traded him away to make cap space for Heatley. Not sure if they have the cap space now or whether this is moot because they traded for Wallin, but Lukowich would be a good depth pickup for them because he knows the system and has good chemistry with Boyle.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:22 PM
  #109
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
He is going to be the Rich Peverly of last year. Book it.
jones isnt nearly as fast or skilled as peverly. and he never will be. but i understand your point, he would be a great pickup by someone. and will be a 15-20 goal scorer. as far as ice time...i am not sure whos spot he was suppose to take? he had
some chances on powerplay as well.


he is the type of guy that you find yourself hoping to get a goal due to his effort and how often he comes close to them. hope he doesnt get claimed.

what happens after deadline? once roster sizes go up, can we bring him back up without re-entry?


Last edited by kivaerijo: 03-02-2010 at 11:27 PM.
kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
  #110
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrrTML View Post
With so much talk of Ryan Jones possibly being involved as part of the return in a Poni deal, you gotta believe Toronto doesn't let Jones pass them by on the waiver-wire...and then still trade Poni for a 2nd +
guess burke didnt think enough of jones to trade for him. thought he would be burke's type of player as well.

on a side note...looks like the leaf fans want to put in a claim for everyone. well...not cheli i guess. but who wants him?

oh..atlanta

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:30 PM
  #111
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He just skates all over the ice aimlessly.
I lol'd.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:43 PM
  #112
Grabovski
Грабовский правил
 
Grabovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gomel, Belarus
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Please Burkie take on Lisin! And Jones too! Lisin is a 81 overall in NHL 10 he would be like there 3rd best forward lol (atleast in the game)

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:53 PM
  #113
Virtanev
+
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,881
vCash: 50
Jones Get er done Gillis!

Virtanev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:59 PM
  #114
Fuzzy Bunny
Registered User
 
Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,153
vCash: 500
After reading these reports on Lisin I had no idea he had changed his name from Konstantin Koltsov.

Pass.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:17 AM
  #115
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,226
vCash: 50
lisin had a great night today in ottawa, btw. Maybe he was hoping someone picks him up and he can keep earning an NHL salary.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:29 AM
  #116
Booba
Bouger les pieds
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffForsberg21 View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean but maybe it's a way to "force" team to sign players early in the season. BTW, I got the explanation on John Grahame contract, he is not on re-entry waivers but on regular waivers, he got sign by the Avs then sent down to play with Lake Erie. Still weird move as they could just signed him to an AHL contract but I think he has family in the Avs organization
Grahame had an AHL contract with Adirondack. He was still an NHL UFA though.

The way, I understand the fact that players like Cullimore, Parrish and Chelios gets waive after they sign a two-way is that when they sign their two-way, they are automatically put on the NHL roster and they need to be waived to return to the AHL

I might be wrong though

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:32 AM
  #117
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,226
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Grahame had an AHL contract with Adirondack. He was still an NHL UFA though.

The way, I understand the fact that players like Cullimore, Parrish and Chelios gets waive after they sign a two-way is that when they sign their two-way, they are automatically put on the NHL roster and they need to be waived to return to the AHL

I might be wrong though
you are right. When you sign a new NHL contract, you have to be waived if you are waiver eligible to be assigned to the AHL.

the reason the avs couldnt sign grahame to an AHL contract was because he already had one. The only way to sign him was to give him an NHL contract and then waive him. I dont think anyone is worried that he will be picked up.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:28 AM
  #118
Wendel09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
If teams do put in a claim when will it be annonced? by the end of the day?
By lunch? Any insight?

Wendel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:29 AM
  #119
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 21,524
vCash: 500
the waiver period ends at noon eastern. After that, it usually takes a few hours for the news to trickle out.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:29 AM
  #120
stingo
Registered User
 
stingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,320
vCash: 50
Someone is going to claim Lisin.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
  #121
PlietscherDassel
Registered User
 
PlietscherDassel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Burke should claim Jones and Lisin. Nothing to lose.

PlietscherDassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:48 AM
  #122
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,226
vCash: 50
russotrib: the wild have not made a claim on ryan jones.
well that leaves 28 other possibilities, right?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
  #123
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,697
vCash: 500
Burke will never claim Lisin,He's a skill player.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:58 AM
  #124
martins1996
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureloss View Post
From Larry Brooks:
http://www.twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie


More from McKenzie:
Today's waivers: Brad Lukowich (Vcr), Ryan Oulahen (Det), Enver Lisin and Aaron Voros (NYR), Anders Eriksson (Phx), Chelios (Atl).. ...Ryan Jones (Nsh), John Grahame (Col) also on waivers today.


Just heard that the Leafs could pick up Enver Lisin.
Made sense that Anders Eriksson(Phx) is on waivers because they just acquired D-Derek Morris.

martins1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
  #125
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,607
vCash: 500
Burke isn't likely to claim Lisin. I always thought he had talent though, I'd like to see it happen.

Jones might be a possibility though. Funny that he was supposed to have trade value just a few days ago though, that obviously didn't turn out.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.