HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-1 in Boston

Old
03-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

vCash: 500
Moses saves.

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:13 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

It wasn't the hardest game but to say Price wasn't a factor is just ridiculous. He made 23 saves and a few of them were on shorthanded rushes. He kept it close long enough for the boys to take over, not spectacular but honestly why do people have to put him down all the time?

Moore is worth the second rounder, our bottom 6 has been so much better since he has arrived and created some interesting line combos. Pyatt and Metro had a hell of a game as well as Laps, you can tell these guys are playing hungry to stay in the lineup.

AKost and Pools looked alright for their first games back. I still can't believe what we have in Benoit, this guy is legit! Once Akost gets his timing back he will pick up right where he left off. Would have liked Sergei to shine a little more though.

Also I though Markov played well, nice to see after a disappointing stretch for him.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
I must admit I was very afraid for Price tonight. I am so glad I was wrong. I hope Price continue to be this good! Price was not rusty at all
Price regularly slaughters bears and sells their hides as rugs since he's been in the NHL. The 2009 playoffs weren't a fair test, given the injuries and the inability of the Habs to respond to Carbonneau.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
KingRacicot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Now that we won pretty handedly, tomorrow's deadline is going to be all the more enjoyable.
Not to be a brat, man, but the word is 'handily'. Not 'handedly'. Come to that, I don't think 'handedly' is a word. At least not in English.

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
Not to be a brat, man, but the word is 'handily'. Not 'handedly'. Come to that, I don't think 'handedly' is a word. At least not in English.
English lessons are always fun. It's the same way when people write definately instead of definitely or rouge when they really mean rogue. Good times.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:35 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
It wasn't the hardest game but to say Price wasn't a factor is just ridiculous. He made 23 saves and a few of them were on shorthanded rushes. He kept it close long enough for the boys to take over, not spectacular but honestly why do people have to put him down all the time?

Moore is worth the second rounder, our bottom 6 has been so much better since he has arrived and created some interesting line combos. Pyatt and Metro had a hell of a game as well as Laps, you can tell these guys are playing hungry to stay in the lineup.

AKost and Pools looked alright for their first games back. I still can't believe what we have in Benoit, this guy is legit! Once Akost gets his timing back he will pick up right where he left off. Would have liked Sergei to shine a little more though.

Also I though Markov played well, nice to see after a disappointing stretch for him.
You're new to this board obviously...

that's the way it goes, whenever he has a subpar game or even just an average one some will come here with the "bust! told you so", on the other hand there will also be clowns with the "take that haters!" whenever he makes a routine save...

and the fun part is, you can change Price name for Halak in your sentence and it will be the same, just different users posting their wisdom...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Price regularly slaughters bears and sells their hides as rugs since he's been in the NHL. The 2009 playoffs weren't a fair test, given the injuries and the inability of the Habs to respond to Carbonneau.
Outstanding comment! (considering Gainey was coaching during the 2009 playoffs...)

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
It's a word, he used it correctly.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Outstanding comment! (considering Gainey was coaching during the 2009 playoffs...)
Please don't congratulate yourself. I meant exactly what I said. By the time Gainey took over Carbonneau had ruined the team. They lacked both a system and morale and it was too late for Gainey to reverse it.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Please don't congratulate yourself. I meant exactly what I said. By the time Gainey took over Carbonneau had ruined the team. They lacked both a system and morale and it was too late for Gainey to reverse it.
don't even bother, you're just gonna bring out the gainey crew.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote