HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who gets the call up?

Old
03-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
So who gets the call up?

So when the dust finally settles it looks like we'll need to bring up a body or two from Syracuse (further damaging their playoff push ). Who comes up and what do we look like for the rest of the year?

I wouldnt mind seeing Kana and Mayorov in C-Bus to see what they might bring. I suspect McKenzie or Blunden would be the first call though

Juice Vermette Nash
Umberger Brassard Voracek
Clark Pahlsson Dorsett
Blunden Murray Boll

McKenzie? Mayorov? Kana?

If Brass can't go we'll need another center (Umberger?) adn another winger. MOving both Modin and Torres means two spots on the top 12 for the balance of the year. Slide Murray back to wing and try Kana on the 4th line?

D is a little easier because we'll be down to 7 when we return Clitsome and put Klesla on LTIR. I'm assuming Commodore will be back and suspect that could push Methot back to the box to get a look at Paetsch.

Commodore Hejda
Tyutin Stralman
Russel Paetsch

Methot

Clearly we need to add on the back end and remain thin up the middle going into next year....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:35 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Thought I saw Blunden is already on the way.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I might be biased but I can see Nathan Paetsch replacing Methot... as most know I've been a Methot supporter for years but ya know what, life goes on. Columbus fans are going to love watching Paetsch.

Other than that, I'd like to see Mayorov... I was disappointed with his training camp last summer but think he deserves another chance... He must produce though or back to Russia..we need guys who can score.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Thought I saw Blunden is already on the way.
Blunden is past history....

Old
03-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
LoriSchmidt

Blue Jackets recall Mike Blunden and send Grant Clitsome back to Syracuse.
GREAT!!!! What a pair of moves! A defenseman who actually produces offense and we send him back to Syracuse! Granted that was a bad turnover, but he was a main part of three goals last night! Methot is literally stealing ice time right now. I really hope they sent Clitsome down to make room for this new guy. And Mike ****ing Blunden? Seriously? Mike ****ing Blunden!? Wow, way to bring up someone and give them a shot at the NHL! Mike ****ing Blunden! Like we don't know what he can do already. How about an actual prospect? Sometimes I wonder why I root for this organization.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
I hate this organization. Why on earth are we calling up Blunden rather than giving one of our promising prospects a little taste of NHL action. Kana and Mayorov to be exact. I'd much rather have something interesting to watch the rest of the season rather than the current group of grinders. I really wish Howson would end his fascination with Blunden, the guy is terrible that is all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
GREAT!!!! What a pair of moves! A defenseman who actually produces offense and we send him back to Syracuse! Granted that was a bad turnover, but he was a main part of three goals last night! Methot is literally stealing ice time right now. I really hope they sent Clitsome down to make room for this new guy. And Mike ****ing Blunden? Seriously? Mike ****ing Blunden!? Wow, way to bring up someone and give them a shot at the NHL! Mike ****ing Blunden! Like we don't know what he can do already. How about an actual prospect? Sometimes I wonder why I root for this organization.
Clitsome has no place on the roster this year. That turnover he had cost his team the game and his two assists didn't mean anything because they didn't directly result in the goal being scored. His turnover was brutal.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Ludicrous Speed

so basically this is my reaction to this thread..

you guys just need to chill out a bit

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
I hate this organization. Why on earth are we calling up Blunden rather than giving one of our promising prospects a little taste of NHL action. Kana and Mayorov to be exact. I'd much rather have something interesting to watch the rest of the season rather than the current group of grinders. I really wish Howson would end his fascination with Blunden, the guy is terrible that is all there is to it.
I agree with this one Doug...

As for Clitsome, it was his first NHL game in history and had two assists plus the third star according to our broadcast team... he has earned more time and less focus on one blunder... hell, Erik Johnson did almost the exact same thing in the Olympic gold medal game giving Canada their first goal....come on.

Last edited by Robert: 03-03-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old
03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
so basically this is my reaction to this thread..

you guys just need to chill out a bit
I know. This board is unreadable.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 08:50 PM
hip check
Go North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post

Juice Vermette Nash
Umberger Brassard Voracek
Clark Pahlsson Dorsett
Blunden Murray Boll
Ouch. I guess I didn't realize how shallow CBJ has become. Never mind the defense, there is no wiggle room with the forwards now. One of the top 6 guys go down, who do you put in there? Clark? Dorsett? Murray? No Torres, no Chimera, heck no Modin even. The third line downgraded by moving Umberger up. The fourth line looks AHL. Filatov has to come back now. With the lack of depth at forward now, Juice's contract doesn't look too bad. Well, I guess it still does...

I'm not saying GMSH shouldn't have made the moves he has because I think he did the best with what he could (with the exception of not picking up Peter Mueller! Hopefully he is a bust...) This team needs Filatov to come back, Brass and Jake rebound, and someone or two in the system to become solid bottom 6 forwards for next season.

hip check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:02 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip check View Post
Ouch. I guess I didn't realize how shallow CBJ has become. Never mind the defense, there is no wiggle room with the forwards now. One of the top 6 guys go down, who do you put in there? Clark? Dorsett? Murray? No Torres, no Chimera, heck no Modin even. The third line downgraded by moving Umberger up. The fourth line looks AHL. Filatov has to come back now. With the lack of depth at forward now, Juice's contract doesn't look too bad. Well, I guess it still does...

I'm not saying GMSH shouldn't have made the moves he has because I think he did the best with what he could (with the exception of not picking up Peter Mueller! Hopefully he is a bust...) This team needs Filatov to come back, Brass and Jake rebound, and someone or two in the system to become solid bottom 6 forwards for next season.
You have Filatov and don't forget Calvert next season. We should be all right up top. The blueline still looks awful (for now)!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
You have Filatov and don't forget Calvert next season. We should be all right up top. The blueline still looks awful (for now)!
i'm not counting on Calvert out of camp...maybe mid season...but still a huge gap b/t where he is now and up with the big boys...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Filatov lost a season playing in the KHL so don't expect to much out of the gate but trust me, he is exactly the player needed on the offensive side of the Columbus club... Hitchcock cost this organization one entire season...that is the truth.

That said, in addition to a broken defense the offense needs an experienced center, not a 7 million year guy but a veteran first line tweener and Vermette is not the guy! Without a true 1st-2nd line center with experience Brassard might be over whelmed again... Vermette is not panning out to be much more than a 2nd-3rd liner...

Old
03-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
You need Juice for the time being because Umberger can play 3rd or 2nd line, so when inevitably a top 6 forward breaks their head off their body and is out for 4 months, then Umberger can step in until they come back. That way you don't have to make a trade in the middle of the season to pick up another top 6 forward because we have no one else on the team other than those 7 who could play top 6 temporarily now that Torres is gone

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Renion

Blunden and Clitsome are both impending RFAs (two of which we got rid of today). Howson probably wants to see where they're at right now so he can decide whether to qualify them, or give other teams a chance to check 'em out.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Filatov lost a season playing in the KHL so don't expect to much out of the gate but trust me, he is exactly the player needed on the offensive side of the Columbus club... Hitchcock cost this organization one entire season...that is the truth.

That said, in addition to a broken defense the offense needs an experienced center, not a 7 million year guy but a veteran first line tweener and Vermette is not the guy! Without a true 1st-2nd line center with experience Brassard might be over whelmed again... Vermette is not panning out to be much more than a 2nd-3rd liner...
He has over 20 goals this year and he almost always wins faceoffs. What do you want him to do? be Sidney Crosby? It's not going to happen. If we want an amazing top center then we are going to have to draft one because we aren't going to be able to buy one in free agency. Either that or give someone a really favorable trade and lose the few skilled players we have left to get a great center.

Solution: Tank to get Hall, even though that's probably never going to happen

Old
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
He has over 20 goals this year and he almost always wins faceoffs. What do you want him to do? be Sidney Crosby? It's not going to happen. If we want an amazing top center then we are going to have to draft one because we aren't going to be able to buy one in free agency. Either that or give someone a really favorable trade and lose the few skilled players we have left to get a great center.

Solution: Tank to get Hall, even though that's probably never going to happen
Come on, Vermette was a third liner in Ottawa... oh ya, they are a playoff team-I forgot.

Old
03-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Come on, Vermette was a third liner in Ottawa... oh ya, they are a playoff team-I forgot.
Because they had him on the wing and they never let him really play how he wanted. Either way I do agree that he's a 2nd line center but until Brassard (or if) can start playing like a #1 Center then we don't have many options. What are we going to do? Stick Vermette/Brassard on the 4th line?

Old
03-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Blunden and Clitsome are both impending RFAs (two of which we got rid of today). Howson probably wants to see where they're at right now so he can decide whether to qualify them, or give other teams a chance to check 'em out.
At least someone gets it. At the end of the day, it's more non-producers and replacement-level players who have been shown the door with a few guys now getting a shot to actually show something.

I look forward to seeing some pups being given a chance to show something at the NHL level. Given the choice between Greg Moore or the latest chapter in the Alex "Pat, I'd like to buy a goal" Picard sweepstakes, guess which one makes more sense?

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:

dont get to down on vermette.... whats that saying, a low tied sinks all ships?

i think he is a great complimentary player. not a true first line center. but a great number 2 when everybodys legs are moving

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
dont get to down on vermette.... whats that saying, a low tied sinks all ships?

i think he is a great complimentary player. not a true first line center. but a great number 2 when everybodys legs are moving
Perhaps, but players get traded for a reason... Vermette is a second-third line tweener, don't count on him to win the Stanley Cup. Think higher Doug...

Old
03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
You need Juice for the time being because Umberger can play 3rd or 2nd line, so when inevitably a top 6 forward breaks their head off their body and is out for 4 months, then Umberger can step in until they come back. That way you don't have to make a trade in the middle of the season to pick up another top 6 forward because we have no one else on the team other than those 7 who could play top 6 temporarily now that Torres is gone
I couldn't get past the part about "breaks their head of their body"!

Old
03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Because they had him on the wing and they never let him really play how he wanted. Either way I do agree that he's a 2nd line center but until Brassard (or if) can start playing like a #1 Center then we don't have many options. What are we going to do? Stick Vermette/Brassard on the 4th line?
Trade one of them at the draft.

P.S. I've never seen this Galvorn dude on here before, but I like him (or her)

Old
03-04-2010, 06:39 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Perhaps, but players get traded for a reason....
He did get traded across a border, but at least he wasn't sent to another continent. You have a great deal of confidence in an admittedly-talented prospect and very little in a proven 20 goal NHL player. Vermette is a fine second-line center who is filling in admirably on the top line. Why? Because one of our other admittedly-talented prospects is not fulfilling his promise, this season. I'm looking forward to Nikki's return (and Brass resuming his progress), but expecting too much from him is a mistake. Production trumps potential, every time. AV is a very important part of this team because he is our best option at one of our two weakest positions. And I'm not just sayin...

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2010, 08:24 AM
3 goals = chili

Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
so is next year going to be the same as this year where we're relying on our young (re: Filatov, Calvert, Moore) talent to carry us again? Its going to be a long 10-11 if that is the case.

3 goals = chili is offline   Reply With Quote