HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Trade D Cody Wild for Bruins F Matt Marquardt

Old
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Giant Moo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Knowing that you haven't listened to the other Tambellini interviews on CHED , I just thought I'd point out that he promises big changes in every interview , including the one yesterday .

I listened . What can I say , I'm a rube .
It's okay, everyone's allowed to be a rube once and a while. Heck, I even caught myself listening to Tencer at the 1st intermission.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

I guess physically weak, puck moving defensemen are no longer the new 'black' for Team Spin Cycle. The team went on a binge fest acquisition for this type of player post lockout and now with a new Sheriff in town is beginning to purge them.

Coming on the heels of Grebs for lottery pick, this moves out a somewhat similar skill set albeit borderline prospect versus Russian national teamer. We get a big player and ... err... a ... big body presence ... and ... err... got nothin' else.

Nothing to see here but evidence that Tambellini has seen his shadow and at least has shown himself at least briefly. Bold big promises. Waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... waiting for the action to accompany the blustering and postering since firing MacT.

Behind Enemy Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
oh_canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Anyone who feels the Oilers have good fans need only to look at a thread like this to be proven wrong. Recycled, unfunny one-liners on the first page of a trade thread. Real intelligent.

On the trade: Redundant AHL defenseman for a depth AHL forward. From what I understand, this guy is NOT an enforcer. Boston gets the best player, so I guess they win - but we really have too many prospect defenders in need of minutes on the farm and I'd rather see Wild go than Motin, Plante or Chorney.
Dont confuse HF Board posters with Edmonton Oiler fans

oh_canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
MDupont

Is this guy related to Nate Marquardt?

MDupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:31 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Not knowing much about either player I've got to go by the HF rankings... they have Wild rated as a 6.5D dman prospect and Marquardt is rated as a 6D Left Winger. If those ratings are remotely accurate then neither player will likely be more than a peripheral NHL player at best.

Marquardt slots in as the 9th highest ranked LW prospect for the Oilers and Wild is now the 8th highest D prospect for the Bruins.

Not sure who "won" the trade but by those rankings it looks pretty even.

Looking at the prospects for the Oilers... they look weak on right wing with only 3 notable prospects while they have 10 notables on LW. Defense is also looking thin with just 8 notables... but with Grebeshkov gone and constant injuries on the Oilers D... several of those prospects are now in the NHL.

Other than in goal which should be by far the highest priority for the Oilers right now(Halak please)... they definitely need to shore up their depth on defense.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDupont View Post
Is this guy related to Nate Marquardt?
is he the bad guy in the Shrek films?

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2010, 11:19 PM
MDupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
that could be, not sure. I was thinking of this guy NateMarquardt

I thought he played for the Bruins once upon a time but then realized he was in my other fav sport.

MDupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:25 AM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post

Farquaad I believe. Could be wrong.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davalicious View Post

Farquaad I believe. Could be wrong.
That's the one in Shrek 4-D that is the evil one at Universal Studios in both Florida and California.

03-03-2010, 03:31 AM
DousedInOil

As much as some people liked Cody Wild, there was no way that he was ever going to make the Edmonton Oilers roster as a solid contributor. I would rather have Marquardt on our AHL team over Wild in the AHL.

I mean 6'3" hitting machines that have once scored back to back 40 goal seasons in the QMJHL are at least somewhat interesting. If he can turn into the JFJ of the AHL then I think that is all that we can ask for.

DousedInOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 05:21 AM
GatoradeG*

AHL for AHL. Maybe a call up if we get owned. Can't complain myself. Maybe Springfield will oh well tough luck. Season over anyways for like all of Edmonton.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
Hater.
I'm no hater. I was just making a statement that I bet over half of the board was thinking. I read into any player we get and it sounds we got a huge guy who can shoot and take the body. Like a JFJ.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
I'm no hater. I was just making a statement that I bet over half of the board was thinking. I read into any player we get and it sounds we got a huge guy who can shoot and take the body. Like a JFJ.
Sorry, I forgot this.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Apparently the Oil disagree. As he has often been a healthy scratch in the AHL and was recently demoted to the ECHL.
If anyone would be a good judge of talent it would be Springfield Falcon Head Coach Rob Daum,i imagine he let Edmonton know who wasn't performing up to potential and who was expendable.

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 11:10 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
We've got lots of guys who need minutes at the AHL level and could still add an AHL veteran or two for OKC next year.

Wild was low man on the totem pole, size is an issue currently as well.

Wild also lost; any offense (rushing the puck up the ice & end to end rushes),and smart decisions with the puck and solid D last year.He seems as thou he is lost in the AHL this year and can't compete at this level at this time.He did have potential,however a '' Parent Team'' needs to address any weaknesses in the NHL or AHL and make trades accordingly.

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote